+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We have 8 picks lets trade up!

Veteran

Re: We have 8 picks lets trade up!

[quote user="buddy33"]I don't know about trading up, but they do need a TE.[/quote]

Bennett, Ballard, and Pascoe ....I'm good

We don't need another TE. We have Bennett, Pascoe, and Hopkins. I wouldn't trade up for Fleener. He is a good receiver but he is not the best blocker. We need to have a TE who is a good blocker and can catch the ball. Our current TE's can do this.

If the opportunity arises to update CB, DE, or DT, I don't see us looking at a TE in the first round. That's too much money locked-up in a backup.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

All-Pro

[quote user="Pakman"][quote user="buddy33"]I don't know about trading up, but they do need a TE.[/quote]

Bennett, Ballard, and Pascoe ....I'm good[/quote]

Bennett has not done much in his 4 years as a pro and Ballard might not play this year.

Only thing I would want to do is trade up in the 2nd so we can secure Vinny Curry the DE from Marshall or Whitney Marcellus (if he's still there), either one of em and JPP would be a monstrous tandem for years to come
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

I really, really don't see the Giants in that scenario reaching for Fleener trading up but hey I could be wrong. It could get interesting if by any reason ( highly doubt it ) Keuchly slipped all the way to the late 20's, maybe this could set a fire under Jerry's chair to move up .
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Veteran

the only way they should trade up is if a top 15 prospect falls to the early 20s. In that case we could trade our 1st, 3rd, and 4th to get that player.

All-Pro

[quote user="RonJon"]Giants almost never trade up in the first round. I think the last time they did that was to take Shockey[/quote]

Eli the following year... Well, I guess technically it wasnt a trade up since the Chargers drafted Eli, but essentially it was the same thing.

Anyway, I am not for moving up to get Fleener. No TE in this draft is even worth a 1st. If we move up, it would be for a stud who slipped out of the top 15 on Reeses board into the 20s.

[quote user="buddy33"][quote user="Pakman"][quote user="buddy33"]I don't know about trading up, but they do need a TE.[/quote] Bennett, Ballard, and Pascoe ....I'm good[/quote] Bennett has not done much in his 4 years as a pro and Ballard might not play this year.[/quote]

I see Pascoe or Bennetpicking up where Ballard left off.

I like Ballard but his production shouldn't be too hard to replicate. I believe Pascoe and Bennet can handle the blocking assigments at least as well if not better.

This will be the first tim ein three seasons that Pascoe can actually focus on TE duties without having to spend time with the FBs...

Pope will have them ready

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I wouldn't trade up.

+ Reply to Thread