+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYG Mock 3/27/12

NYG Mock 3/27/12

1. – Z. Brown – OLB – UNC – Simple Best Player Available (could very well end up being Fleener, Hightower, etc. but I think it will be brown). Practically a second round pick and you’re getting the best athlete at the position. Kid has great upside especially in a young and good character Front 7 like the Giants.
    2. – Kelechi Osemele – OG – Iowa State – I think he is a very underrated OL in this draft. Keep DD at OT and have Osemele opposite Snee.
    3. – Mychal Kendricks – ILB – California – another prospect who I feel is underrated. Has the size and athleticism to be a three down LB.
    4a. – R. Turbin – RB – Utah State – Big power back who can be a solid replacement for Jacobs. Runs hard and low. Has decent ball skills out of the backfield. Can Pass Block. Isn’t going to break any ankles but will run through defenders.
    4b. – L. Green – TE – Louisiana – Lafayette – Great Receiving Threat in the mould of Hernandez. Runs a 4.5 40yrd dash. Isn’t a great blocker but gives great effort.
    5. – N. Potter – OL – Boise State – Solid OL who can play all down the line. Will add solid depth and needed youth. Potential starting quality after a few years as back up. I am very high on him personally.
    6. – D. Page-Moss – DE – UNC – Injuries have him so low but was a 1st round potential prior to it. After a year of getting back in football shape and rotating in (i.e. M. Austin) could be a sleeper star
    7. – Blair Walsh – K – Georgia – I just really hate L.Tynes and want a new kicker. Yes he had a ok year but I want to feel confident not scared when my kicker takes the field.

Re: NYG Mock 3/27/12

Not a bad mock at all

Im a fan of your 2nd, 3rd, and 4b picks but Im not a fan of Zach Brown, I dont know why but he just doesnt do it for me maybe I just want more of a mean and physical LB and he's more of a speed/finesse guy??

I feel like Paige-Moss just like Andre Datko will be available as undrafted FA's, Herzlich was a better prospect than both of them and look what happened with him last year
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

[quote user="GiantPride27"]1. – Z. Brown – OLB – UNC – Simple Best Player Available (could very well end up being Fleener, Hightower, etc. but I think it will be brown). Practically a second round pick and you’re getting the best athlete at the position. Kid has great upside especially in a young and good character Front 7 like the Giants.
    2. – Kelechi Osemele – OG – Iowa State – I think he is a very underrated OL in this draft. Keep DD at OT and have Osemele opposite Snee.
    3. – Mychal Kendricks – ILB – California – another prospect who I feel is underrated. Has the size and athleticism to be a three down LB.
    4a. – R. Turbin – RB – Utah State – Big power back who can be a solid replacement for Jacobs. Runs hard and low. Has decent ball skills out of the backfield. Can Pass Block. Isn’t going to break any ankles but will run through defenders.
    4b. – L. Green – TE – Louisiana – Lafayette – Great Receiving Threat in the mould of Hernandez. Runs a 4.5 40yrd dash. Isn’t a great blocker but gives great effort.
    5. – N. Potter – OL – Boise State – Solid OL who can play all down the line. Will add solid depth and needed youth. Potential starting quality after a few years as back up. I am very high on him personally.
    6. – D. Page-Moss – DE – UNC – Injuries have him so low but was a 1st round potential prior to it. After a year of getting back in football shape and rotating in (i.e. M. Austin) could be a sleeper star
    7. – Blair Walsh – K – Georgia – I just really hate L.Tynes and want a new kicker. Yes he had a ok year but I want to feel confident not scared when my kicker takes the field.[/quote]

Not bad ! But 2 things to consider IMO, I don't see the giants drafting a K this year or any year for that matter and second, no WR drafted in your mock. I actually thing the Giants have a lot of WRs in their radar and actually some of them very early in the draft if available.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Veteran

Not liking Zach Brown in the first.. Jacquian Williams is basically the same player... We need a MLB not a weakside backer

I don't know what it is or why I feel this way..maybe it is just a gut feeling, but I just do not want zach brown at all. He just doesn't do it for me, lol. Nothing about him stands out for me.

[quote user="GiantPride27"]1. – Z. Brown – OLB – UNC – Simple Best Player Available (could very well end up being Fleener, Hightower, etc. but I think it will be brown). Practically a second round pick and you’re getting the best athlete at the position. Kid has great upside especially in a young and good character Front 7 like the Giants.
    7. – Blair Walsh – K – Georgia – I just really hate L.Tynes and want a new kicker. Yes he had a ok year but I want to feel confident not scared when my kicker takes the field.[/quote]

No way we're taking two LBers in the first 3 rounds. I don't think we're even taking a single LBer in the whole draft.

I love Kelechi Osemele. He could be the Oline by himself.

Turbin I like in the 4th but I highly doubt Ladarius Green is there at the end of the 4th (even Turbin being there is a stretch).

Hate the Blair Walsh pick. We don't need a kicker and the wound that is Matt Dodge is still raw.

P.S. - Be prepared to have his moved to the Mock Draft section.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="GiantPride27"]1. – Z. Brown – OLB – UNC – Simple Best Player Available (could very well end up being Fleener, Hightower, etc. but I think it will be brown). Practically a second round pick and you’re getting the best athlete at the position. Kid has great upside especially in a young and good character Front 7 like the Giants. 2. – Kelechi Osemele – OG – Iowa State – I think he is a very underrated OL in this draft. Keep DD at OT and have Osemele opposite Snee. 3. – Mychal Kendricks – ILB – California – another prospect who I feel is underrated. Has the size and athleticism to be a three down LB. 4a. – R. Turbin – RB – Utah State – Big power back who can be a solid replacement for Jacobs. Runs hard and low. Has decent ball skills out of the backfield. Can Pass Block. Isn’t going to break any ankles but will run through defenders. 4b. – L. Green – TE – Louisiana – Lafayette – Great Receiving Threat in the mould of Hernandez. Runs a 4.5 40yrd dash. Isn’t a great blocker but gives great effort. 5. – N. Potter – OL – Boise State – Solid OL who can play all down the line. Will add solid depth and needed youth. Potential starting quality after a few years as back up. I am very high on him personally. 6. – D. Page-Moss – DE – UNC – Injuries have him so low but was a 1st round potential prior to it. After a year of getting back in football shape and rotating in (i.e. M. Austin) could be a sleeper star 7. – Blair Walsh – K – Georgia – I just really hate L.Tynes and want a new kicker. Yes he had a ok year but I want to feel confident not scared when my kicker takes the field.[/quote] No way we're taking two LBers in the first 3 rounds. I don't think we're even taking a single LBer in the whole draft. I love Kelechi Osemele. He could be the Oline by himself. Turbin I like in the 4th but I highly doubt Ladarius Green is there at the end of the 4th (even Turbin being there is a stretch). Hate the Blair Walsh pick. We don't need a kicker and the wound that is Matt Dodge is still raw. P.S. - Be prepared to have his moved to the Mock Draft section.[/quote]</P>

I also don't see us taking two LB's in the first 3 rounds . . . . </P>

I am also not the biggest fan of ZBrown but its a place where i feel there are alot of picks that arent worth 1st round stature. could sub him for adams or hightower or fleener but i think they will all be gone. I would prefer the giants to trade back for a 2nd and 3rd.

[quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="GiantPride27"]1. – Z. Brown – OLB – UNC – Simple Best Player Available (could very well end up being Fleener, Hightower, etc. but I think it will be brown). Practically a second round pick and you’re getting the best athlete at the position. Kid has great upside especially in a young and good character Front 7 like the Giants.

Not bad ! But 2 things to consider IMO, I don't see the giants drafting a K this year or any year for that matter and second, no WR drafted in your mock. I actually thing the Giants have a lot of WRs in their radar and actually some of them very early in the draft if available.[/quote]

IMO there is not as big of a need at WR as people make it out to be. We drafted JJ in the 3rd for a reason. the giants expect him to step up. also picking up Green(TE) covers alot of the 3rd and 4th receiver positions bc he is that hybrid Hback type player and used split out like dustin keller and aaron hernandez.

if they do pick one up i would love a Marvin McNutt from Iowa. He reminds with of Toomer. Big Body posession guy. wont blow anyones doors off in a foot race but will run solid routes and catch everything thrown his way

[quote user="GiantPride27"][quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="GiantPride27"]1. – Z. Brown – OLB – UNC – Simple Best Player Available (could very well end up being Fleener, Hightower, etc. but I think it will be brown). Practically a second round pick and you’re getting the best athlete at the position. Kid has great upside especially in a young and good character Front 7 like the Giants.

Not bad ! But 2 things to consider IMO, I don't see the giants drafting a K this year or any year for that matter and second, no WR drafted in your mock. I actually thing the Giants have a lot of WRs in their radar and actually some of them very early in the draft if available.[/quote]

IMO there is not as big of a need at WR as people make it out to be. We drafted JJ in the 3rd for a reason. the giants expect him to step up. also picking up Green(TE) covers alot of the 3rd and 4th receiver positions bc he is that hybrid Hback type player and used split out like dustin keller and aaron hernandez.

if they do pick one up i would love a Marvin McNutt from Iowa. He reminds with of Toomer. Big Body posession guy. wont blow anyones doors off in a foot race but will run solid routes and catch everything thrown his way[/quote]

I also am high on McNutt, great all around WR, above avg. route runner, great vertical threat , excellent run blocker and has the ability to extend the pass in YAC after the first hit ( saw a lot of Big Ten football during the season and he reminds me of Nicks ). In his review the only but in his craft is problems getting of the line when played close man to man but to be fair in all the games and tape that Ive seen that's not really a concern, its more IMO the so called experts nitpicking his games. I will love to see him in blue next season but I also see the possibility of the Giants drafting a WR with special teams abilities making McNutt a practically impossible choice. In that case theres a lot of young talent to go around like T. Y. Hilton, Joe Adams among others.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

+ Reply to Thread