+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran

Antrel Rolle + secondary

Anyone else excited to see him play next year? He hasn't been able to play his true safety position since he's gotten here. I think him and KP can be the best safety tandem in the NFL. With T2, Prince and CWeb at corner and KP and Rolle at the safety we should have a killer secondary,

Re: Antrel Rolle + secondary

[quote user="nYg24"]Anyone else excited to see him play next year? He hasn't been able to play his true safety position since he's gotten here. I think him and KP can be the best safety tandem in the NFL. With T2, Prince and CWeb at corner and KP and Rolle at the safety we should have a killer secondary,[/quote]

im excited about the safety unit as a whole. rolle playing a moer ball hawking role is going to be fun to watch.

but i also look forward to phillips being given more of a role. fewell said he had to almost protect him with what he asked of phillips. looking forward to seeing him closer to the LOS and delivering those big hits.

plus, this is year 3 going into fewells scheme. if our DL can be healthy all season, i expect our secondary to be among the best in the league. 1rst and 2nd rounders everywhere all with a ****load of skill.

phillips had a terrific season last year, and he is still getting better. rolle came on during that 6 game win streak, cant wait to see him apply that team first attitude to his play at safety. could see a breakout int season for him but yeah i am very excited about our safeties this season, i agree when both are healthy, they could very well be the top safety tandem in the league...

Veteran

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="nYg24"]Anyone else excited to see him play next year? He hasn't been able to play his true safety position since he's gotten here. I think him and KP can be the best safety tandem in the NFL. With T2, Prince and CWeb at corner and KP and Rolle at the safety we should have a killer secondary,[/quote]

im excited about the safety unit as a whole. rolle playing a moer ball hawking role is going to be fun to watch.

but i also look forward to phillips being given more of a role. fewell said he had to almost protect him with what he asked of phillips. looking forward to seeing him closer to the LOS and delivering those big hits.

plus, this is year 3 going into fewells scheme. if our DL can be healthy all season, i expect our secondary to be among the best in the league. 1rst and 2nd rounders everywhere all with a ****load of skill.

phillips had a terrific season last year, and he is still getting better. rolle came on during that 6 game win streak, cant wait to see him apply that team first attitude to his play at safety. could see a breakout int season for him but yeah i am very excited about our safeties this season, i agree when both are healthy, they could very well be the top safety tandem in the league...[/quote]

I've also heard that the coaches are very high on Tyler Sash. I'm not sure if we are going to bring DGrant back but I think TSash will fill in nicely.

[quote user="nYg24"]

I've also heard that the coaches are very high on Tyler Sash. I'm not sure if we are going to bring DGrant back but I think TSash will fill in nicely.[/quote]Just out of curiosity, you think Sash will fill in nicely based on what? Just purely based on what I saw, he wasn't game ready and they weren't comfortable having him take snaps, aside from special teams.

Veteran

[quote user="EJ Blue"][quote user="nYg24"]

I've also heard that the coaches are very high on Tyler Sash. I'm not sure if we are going to bring DGrant back but I think TSash will fill in nicely.[/quote]Just out of curiosity, you think Sash will fill in nicely based on what? Just purely based on what I saw, he wasn't game ready and they weren't comfortable having him take snaps, aside from special teams.
    [/quote]

Based on his work ethic and what i've seen of his play in college. He's a football player and seems to always be able to find the ball. Grant clearly lost a step and I think Sash can only be an upgrade.

[quote user="nYg24"][quote user="EJ Blue"][quote user="nYg24"]

[/quote]

Based on his work ethic and what i've seen of his play in college. He's a football player and seems to always be able to find the ball. Grant clearly lost a step and I think Sash can only be an upgrade.[/quote]

Dont jump the gun on that just yet, I do agree with you on Sash, but grant played extremely well last year, as far as losing a step, I dont know about that.

I think the potential is there for the secondary to really have a breakout season this year.

Bench Player

Dont forget chad jones is going to get a shot at playing this year

[quote user="NYG4ME"][quote user="nYg24"][quote user="EJ Blue"][quote user="nYg24"] I've also heard that the coaches are very high on Tyler Sash. I'm not sure if we are going to bring DGrant back but I think TSash will fill in nicely.[/quote]Just out of curiosity, you think Sash will fill in nicely based on what? Just purely based on what I saw, he wasn't game ready and they weren't comfortable having him take snaps, aside from special teams.
    [/quote] Based on his work ethic and what i've seen of his play in college. He's a football player and seems to always be able to find the ball. Grant clearly lost a step and I think Sash can only be an upgrade.[/quote]

Dont jump the gun on that just yet, I do agree with you on Sash, but grant played extremely well last year, as far as losing a step, I dont know about that.
    [/quote]

Yes Grant played extremely well last year, but he did lose a step, thats just what happens when you get older.