+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

All turnovers now subject to review

Just like the touchdown rule implemented last year now all turnovers will be subject for an officials' review. Will slow down the game immensely. Adam Schefter ? @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite Open
    All turnovers now will be subject to review like scoring plays. No coaching challenged will be needed.

Banned

Re: All turnovers now subject to review

This will make the game faster... no long stupid coach challenges on turnovers that are obvious.

They will still be reviewed? Are you trying to say that there was no cases this year where a touchdown was quite clearly a touchdown and was still reviewed?

Banned

Turnover takes place... all changes in possession usually go straight to commercial break... booth official will now confirm the play soon after the turnover, or during the commercial break now. If it needs to be reviewed, the review will begin while commercial break is still taking place.

This is what was happening:
    A questionable turnover would take place on the field. The game goes to a commercial break because the play stands as a turnover at the moment. We get back from commercial break and THEN the coach throws the challenge flag before the snap of the next play. We would then have to wait for that review to take place, and potentially go right back to another commercial break.

Good I'm glad they're doing this

Just like the TD rule it first has to be declared a TO.......won't include plays that should be turnovers but weren't ruled as such on the field.....so an obvious fumble that wasn't called a fumble won't get a review unless challenged......blows.....

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]Good I'm glad they're doing this
    [/quote]

+1. I love the college football system, and am glad the NFL is adopting it.

EDIT: Is it just all turnovers, or all plays? I thought I got an ESPN update earlier that said all plays are now going to be reviewed?

It could slow the game down but in the end I think it will speed it up. The coaches won't have to wait until someone sees a replay and then throw the flag.

Awful decision. Let's just review all plays by instant replay. So dumb, I don't believe in replay and never have. Human error is part of sports. Why have on field officials at all. The league office can just replay every play and call penalties and assess fines.

[quote user="Manning"]Turnover takes place... all changes in possession usually go straight to commercial break... booth official will now confirm the play soon after the turnover, or during the commercial break now. If it needs to be reviewed, the review will begin while commercial break is still taking place.

This is what was happening:
    A questionable turnover would take place on the field. The game goes to a commercial break because the play stands as a turnover at the moment. We get back from commercial break and THEN the coach throws the challenge flag before the snap of the next play. We would then have to wait for that review to take place, and potentially go right back to another commercial break.[/quote]

If the review happens during the commercial break this will be awful for the TV viewer. If this is how its going to be I hate this rule.