+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 1st round WRs that could be ours...........

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Now I know there is no way that Blackmon falls down far enough to get to our pick......but looking at some of the mocks from NFL.com, and what they have teams picking vs what teams have done in FA....I think there is a good chance one of these 1st round caliber guys falls to us.....For example alot of the analysts mocks have CHI drafting Floyd.....I wouldn't be surprised if they go another route now that they have Marshall, also some mocks have SF taking Hill/Randle/Wright.....but they picked up MM and Moss.

Justin Blackmon WR 1 Oklahoma State rJr 6-1 207 1

Michael Floyd WR 2 Notre Dame Sr 6-3 220 1

Kendall Wright WR 3 Baylor Sr 5-10 196 1

Rueben Randle WR 4 LSU Jr 6-3 210 1-2

Stephen Hill WR 5 Georgia Tech Jr 6-4 215 1-2[/quote]

I would be shocked if we took a WR in the first round given all the other help we need a lot more than another receiver
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="Kruunch"]The only receiver in that list who is a possibility to be around when we pick is Stephen Hill.

And I don't want him and his career 49 receptions.[/quote]

I think Kendall Wright might drop as well but, Blackmon and Floyd = not a chance in h... at 32.[/quote]

The first burner in the draft going at #32?

I don't see that remotely happening (although if it did I'd take him in a heartbeat).[/quote]

I don't think Wright is as sure fire a 1st round prospect as people make him out to be. He's undersized and his 4.61 at the combine raised some eyebrows. He definitely has potential to drop down.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="rainierjef"]i don't want any receivers in the 1st round go TE and then go WR in the later rounds you can get Mcnutt or Streeter both in the 4th. both above 6-3 and run low 4.4s both projected to play the Z spot and that's what we need
    [/quote]

I don't mean to be cliche, but I doubt our FO is thinking any specific position at 32. It will definately be BPA (except QB and WR).

We just don't have any glaring weaknesses. If we did, we wouldn't be picking at 32.

[/quote]

Past is prologue. The more I watch this organization the closer I get to thinking Reese is a genius re: talent.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="Kruunch"]The only receiver in that list who is a possibility to be around when we pick is Stephen Hill. And I don't want him and his career 49 receptions.[/quote] I think Kendall Wright might drop as well but, Blackmon and Floyd = not a chance in h... at 32.[/quote] The first burner in the draft going at #32? I don't see that remotely happening (although if it did I'd take him in a heartbeat).[/quote]

Wright is a burner? Hmmm

Veteran

[quote user="rainierjef"]i don't want any receivers in the 1st round go TE and then go WR in the later rounds you can get Mcnutt or Streeter both in the 4th. both above 6-3 and run low 4.4s both projected to play the Z spot and that's what we need
    [/quote]

I don't mean to be cliche, but I doubt our FO is thinking any specific position at 32. It will definately be BPA (except QB and WR).

We just don't have any glaring weaknesses. If we did, we wouldn't be picking at 32.

[/quote]

OT is a huge weakness, we have virtually no depth with Kmac departing.. not to mention the guys we have couldn't pass or run block at all last year.

Also, you feel comfortable with our depth behind Cruz and Nicks? I don't think the Giants FO is, or else they wouldn't bring so interested in Sanu and Randle.

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OT is a huge weakness, we have virtually no depth with Kmac departing.. not to mention the guys we have couldn't pass or run block at all last year.

Also, you feel comfortable with our depth behind Cruz and Nicks? I don't think the Giants FO is, or else they wouldn't bring so interested in Sanu and Randle.
    [/quote]

One thing I think we've learned about our otganization is that they believe in developing players and being patient doing so. I think they beleive that JJ is the next guy up at the #3. Don't forget we also signed Hixon. Will we draft a WR at some point in the draft to keep the pipeline full?Maybe. But probably in later rounds.

The real point is that we have probably the most dynamic duo of WR's in the NFL. (Maybe GB is close). Its not a position of need at all. Other than QB it may be the most significant point of strength. That can obviosly change if we have some serious injuries there but thats true of any position on the field.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Honestly.......I would be happy with either Hill or Sanu in the early rounds. I don't feel like OT is a BPA type of pick at #32.......and I don't think we do TE, since we signed Bennett. And our WR depth is questionable....Hixon (coming back from 2nd ACL injury), Barden (always injured, hasn't flashed at all), JJ (rookie basically.....and struggled last year with KR duties at times). To say we wouldn't go WR in the early rounds is silly, yes our oline needs help, but we need quality depth at WR also.....

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Honestly.......I would be happy with either Hill or Sanu in the early rounds. I don't feel like OT is a BPA type of pick at #32.......and I don't think we do TE, since we signed Bennett. And our WR depth is questionable....Hixon (coming back from 2nd ACL injury), Barden (always injured, hasn't flashed at all), JJ (rookie basically.....and struggled last year with KR duties at times). To say we wouldn't go WR in the early rounds is silly, yes our oline needs help, but we need quality depth at WR also.....[/quote]

Being silly is the least of my problems.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Honestly.......I would be happy with either Hill or Sanu in the early rounds. I don't feel like OT is a BPA type of pick at #32.......and I don't think we do TE, since we signed Bennett. And our WR depth is questionable....Hixon (coming back from 2nd ACL injury), Barden (always injured, hasn't flashed at all), JJ (rookie basically.....and struggled last year with KR duties at times). To say we wouldn't go WR in the early rounds is silly, yes our oline needs help, but we need quality depth at WR also.....[/quote]

Being silly is the least of my problems.

[/quote]

Do I really think we go WR in the 1st round......no probably won't happen. I know its a pipe dream to think we do. Would I love Stephen Hill at 32...heck ya. We will most likely go defense at pick 32. If you look at the last 4-5 drafts, JR goes defense BPA vs going an offensive player.......But I think we could really benefit from a deep threat type of WR on our offense with Cruz/Nicks.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="Kruunch"]The only receiver in that list who is a possibility to be around when we pick is Stephen Hill. And I don't want him and his career 49 receptions.[/quote] I think Kendall Wright might drop as well but, Blackmon and Floyd = not a chance in h... at 32.[/quote] The first burner in the draft going at #32? I don't see that remotely happening (although if it did I'd take him in a heartbeat).[/quote]

Wright is a burner?* Hmmm

[/quote]

That's what he's being touted as although I doubt anyone is going to confuse him with DJax or Wallace.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)