+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: 1st round WRs that could be ours...........

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="rainierjef"]i don't want any receivers in the 1st round go TE and then go WR in the later rounds you can get Mcnutt or Streeter both in the 4th. both above 6-3 and run low 4.4s both projected to play the Z spot and that's what we need
    [/quote]

I don't mean to be cliche, but I doubt our FO is thinking any specific position at 32.* It will definately be BPA (except QB and WR).

We just don't have any glaring weaknesses.* If we did, we wouldn't be picking at 32.

[/quote]

OT is a huge weakness, we have virtually no depth with Kmac departing.. not to mention the guys we have couldn't pass or run block at all last year.

Also, you feel comfortable with our depth behind Cruz and Nicks? I don't think the Giants FO is, or else they wouldn't bring so interested in Sanu and Randle.
    [/quote]

Our RT situation looks like this before the draft:

Diehl (starter), Brewer, Andrews/Ugoh

LT looks like:

Beatty (starter), Brewer, Andrews/Ugoh

OT isn't quite as imperative as people are making out and if you can't hit a home run with the first two rounds you shouldn't press. I don't think people consider Mike Adams as a home run at this point.

As for depth at WR ... I think the Giants are very happy with JJ, Hixon and Barden competing for the #3 spot. That's not to say we don't go after a WR in this draft but I don't think in the first round (thinking Sanu in the second tops).

(I don't think Randle is around with our first pick)

This is what I think our first round choices will be (in order of preference):

Mark Barron (SS)
    Kendal Reyes (DT)
    Coby Fleener (TE)
    Doug Martin (RB)
    Stephen Hill (WR)
    Mike Adams (OT)

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="rainierjef"]i don't want any receivers in the 1st round go TE and then go WR in the later rounds you can get Mcnutt or Streeter both in the 4th. both above 6-3 and run low 4.4s both projected to play the Z spot and that's what we need
    [/quote]What makes you say that? I think they both project as X receivers at the next level. They are both big and fast, and would specialize in running longer routes, not short ins, outs, crossing etc.

Veteran

why are you all so sold on bennett?!?!?
    "we signed bennett so we don't need a TE for the next ten years."
    Ok sorry but that was a little frustration, this guy has shown Nothing
    has done nothing
    in a two TE system has flashed what once or twice in what? 4 years?
    with Witten taking most of the double coverages at times he has taken advantage of nothing
    show me a highlight of this guy i want to see game tape; cause there's something you guys see that i don't and i just want to be on the same page with everyone so i can wear my hoodie and drink the last kool-aid too.

Ballad/Beckum - out till mid season
    Hopkins - practice squad player nothing to write home about no matter who's high on him
    Pascoe - TE/FB had a couple of good plays but that hardly warrants the starting full time TE consideration
    Bennett - please show me what this guy has done please, everything i read even when i try to find the positives " Lazy, unmotivated, gives up , un-focused, not a good route runner." the only positives i find is "excellent blocker, talented." that doesn't do much for me honestly.

im sorry bout the rant but i've been trying to keep fans grounded since the signing of bennett, can he be good i hope so i really do. but to say we don't need a TE is ridiculous just crazy.
    If Fleener is there at 32 i really hope reese takes him Eli will shoe you wonders with a good TE, look at what hes done with the likes of Boss / Ballard. give him fleener and that forces the safeties to pick their poision, keeps the line backers honest so their not stacking the box. we haven't had a legitimate threat at TE in how long now. i think its time Eli is playing phenomenal, give him weapons smfh ffs

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="rainierjef"]i don't want any receivers in the 1st round go TE and then go WR in the later rounds you can get Mcnutt or Streeter both in the 4th. both above 6-3 and run low 4.4s both projected to play the Z spot and that's what we need
    [/quote]What makes you say that? I think they both project as X receivers at the next level. They are both big and fast, and would specialize in running longer routes, not short ins, outs, crossing etc.[/quote] they can play that too i got my X and Z mixed up i meant to say X good catch

@Katdaddyjay 17h

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="rainierjef"]i don't want any receivers in the 1st round go TE and then go WR in the later rounds you can get Mcnutt or Streeter both in the 4th. both above 6-3 and run low 4.4s both projected to play the Z spot and that's what we need
    [/quote]What makes you say that? I think they both project as X receivers at the next level. They are both big and fast, and would specialize in running longer routes, not short ins, outs, crossing etc.[/quote] they can play that too but we already have our X
    [/quote]That aside, just from a projection standpoint, I don't see why they project as a Z for you.

Big guys, great speed, tailor made for the X. Same with Stephen Hill.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

I don't mean to be cliche, but I doubt our FO is thinking any specific position at 32.* It will definately be BPA (except QB and WR).

We just don't have any glaring weaknesses.* If we did, we wouldn't be picking at 32.

[/quote] I slightly disagree.....a legit 3rd WR is a must after the season cruz/nicks had......teams are going to game plan around them in 2012.....TE,were going into the season with one,whom has been seen as a bust his career....Oline,no changes...can't Realy get better by not adding anyone & losing our RT....RB,lost Jacobs.......MLB, who's our starting MLB? We don't have one.......quite a few glaring needs

I know everyone's counting on Jernigan but is anyone even optimistic about him being our #3? the guy didn't impress me at all last year. I think were better off getting a WR in the first 3 rounds and starting him. Jernigan? Barden? Gimme a break

[quote user="KennyPhilips1"]I know everyone's counting on Jernigan but is anyone even optimistic about him being our #3? the guy didn't impress me at all last year. I think were better off getting a WR in the first 3 rounds and starting him. Jernigan? Barden? Gimme a break[/quote]

Thats how we do things here.

I know its been said but did anyone see 1500 yards from Cruz this season. he hadn't caught a pass in the NFL until week 2 this past season.

Amani Toomer caught one pass in his rookie year. he turned out OK.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Let the record show, Morehead and I agree on a particular topic.

Your witness, counselor.

Oderint Dum Metuant

Veteran

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="KennyPhilips1"]I know everyone's counting on Jernigan but is anyone even optimistic about him being our #3? the guy didn't impress me at all last year. I think were better off getting a WR in the first 3 rounds and starting him. Jernigan? Barden? Gimme a break[/quote]

Thats how we do things here.

I know its been said but did anyone see 1500 yards from Cruz this season.* he hadn't caught a pass in the NFL until week 2 this past season.

Amani Toomer caught one pass in his rookie year.* he turned out OK.

[/quote]
    But cruz flashed all that preseason when has jerrnigan ever flashed? Im not saying hes bad but cruz's success is a bad.measure to use for this situation not everyone is a diamond in the rough just cause we drafted them. #sinoricemoss

@Katdaddyjay 17h