+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: 1st round WRs that could be ours...........

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="gmen0820"]I wouldn't reach for a WR in the first if that's what it'd take. I think we will need a receiver, but a Streeter or Fuller from the 3rd-5th round aren't bad fallback plans. I really like Jeff Fuller, I think he could be a star for us.[/quote]
    agree
    just like O-line if the top 2-3 best ain't there then get it in the other rounds.
    Sanu in the 2nd
    Streeter in the 4th
    Mcnnut in the 4-5th
    i need to study up on this fuller guy you speak of
    [/quote]now way makes it to our 5th

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="gmen0820"]I wouldn't reach for a WR in the first if that's what it'd take. I think we will need a receiver, but a Streeter or Fuller from the 3rd-5th round aren't bad fallback plans. I really like Jeff Fuller, I think he could be a star for us.[/quote]
    agree
    just like O-line if the top 2-3 best ain't there then get it in the other rounds.
    Sanu in the 2nd
    Streeter in the 4th
    Mcnnut in the 4-5th
    i need to study up on this fuller guy you speak of
    [/quote]no mcnutt way makes it to our 5th

[quote user="rainierjef"]i need to study up on this fuller guy you speak of
    [/quote]Late round guy with great size and excellent potential to be our flanker.

Bench Player

Marvin Mcnutt is notgoing to have a longNFL career. Did anyone watch Iowa play this year? He doesn't separate, lets the ball hit his body,gets caught from behind.

Now his quarterback was garbage which doesn't help, and he did havesome big games against Tenn Tech, Louisana-Monroe, Indiana, Mich St, Purdue. Healso disappeared against Iowa St, Pennt St, Nebraska, and Oklahoma. As the competition gets better he will disappear.

40 time at the combinewas 4.54, which isn't terrible but he looks slower than that during games.

My couch analysis says heshouldn't get drafted, but what the hell do I know? Maybe he will be good at the next level.

[quote user="Neverend"]Wright scares me a little.. slow 40 and a little concern over his body fat percentage

But is too dynamic and a tremendous vertical threat. Would love him at 32[/quote]Wright is a perfect fit for us at the Z position because of his deep threat capabilities. Is he worth the first pick? That is debatably if you can get a Marvin Jones in the 2nd-3rd.

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="rainierjef"]i need to study up on this fuller guy you speak of
    [/quote]Late round guy with great size and excellent potential to be our flanker.[/quote]JOe Adams?

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="rainierjef"]i need to study up on this fuller guy you speak of
    [/quote]Late round guy with great size and excellent potential to be our flanker.[/quote]JOe Adams?

[quote user="giantman8493"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="rainierjef"]i need to study up on this fuller guy you speak of
    [/quote]Late round guy with great size and excellent potential to be our flanker.[/quote]JOe Adams?[/quote]Joe Adams projects as a slot Y receiver, something we don't need since we have Cruz. As much as I'd welcome a Cruz switch to the Z receiver, I wouldn't want to address the slot position in the draft. I'd take my shot with Jernigan.

Marvin Jones is a guy who could be an excellent Z receiver. Kendall Wright would be a nice pick if he's there in the first, vertically explosive.

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Now I know there is no way that Blackmon falls down far enough to get to our pick......but looking at some of the mocks from NFL.com, and what they have teams picking vs what teams have done in FA....I think there is a good chance one of these 1st round caliber guys falls to us.....For example alot of the analysts mocks have CHI drafting Floyd.....I wouldn't be surprised if they go another route now that they have Marshall, also some mocks have SF taking Hill/Randle/Wright.....but they picked up MM and Moss.

Justin Blackmon WR 1 Oklahoma State rJr 6-1 207 1

Michael Floyd WR 2 Notre Dame Sr 6-3 220 1

Kendall Wright WR 3 Baylor Sr 5-10 196 1

Rueben Randle WR 4 LSU Jr 6-3 210 1-2

Stephen Hill WR 5 Georgia Tech Jr 6-4 215 1-2[/quote]

I think Kendall Wright could be a good fit as an inside/slot guy.

Stephen Hill would definitely be a project, but there is a lot of talent to mold there, so at 32, I would be upset with grabbing him, and having him learn in year 1.