+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stunk to see Jacobs leave, but there's always a silver lining

Yeah, it stunk to see Jacobs leave, he's been one of my favorite players as of late, but there is a silver lining.

With the way the offensive line played the last two season, it's been apparent that they've lost a little bit of consistency with opening up the huge gaping holes that we were accustomed in the past. This made it hard for a back like Jacobs to be fully effective especially with the fact that he's not a great lateral runner. Call me captain obvious but we didn't see this hurting AB that much because he has the speed and quickness to make the cuts necessary to get out of the backfield when holes don't open up like they're supposed to.

Basically what I'm saying is, that this could be a sign that the Giants are moving towards a speedier, shifty backfield. This plays into scheme of AB and Da'rell Scott, who's got quickness and speed. Then again, I'm no Jerry Reese nor resemble anything close to a GM and they could bring in slaton or a bruiser in the draft and completely debunk my theory.

Either way, we could be seeing a transition to a speedier backfield.

On a side note...I'm going to need a new name. This stinks

Re: Stunk to see Jacobs leave, but there's always a silver lining

I think the Giants still want balance in the running/passing game but they are shifting their philosophy more on a different type of running game. The power running game is less of a priority for them at this point in time. OR>>>>>maybe they felt Jacobs usefullness is not woth what he wanted money wise.

Either way the Giants are going in a new direction and oneof these young RBs HAS to step up. Bradshaw is nearing the end too as far as taking on the major amount of carries.

You dont have to change your name....Jacobs will still be a problem and now for the Giants maybe too....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran

Whenever I saw your name, I thought it was saying Brandon Jacobs is "the problem" with the giants.

[quote user="jhamburg"]Whenever I saw your name, I thought it was saying Brandon Jacobs is "the problem" with the giants.[/quote]Yea me to
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Jacobs was kinda getting old and worn out,but both him and Mario to the 49ers?Kinda stinks

Later Brandon, thanks for the memories. Knockin' out the lights on the Dallas play clock was one of my favs.
    If it takes a year to figure out an offense, it's the wrong offense.

coughlin had said in an interview that they want to keep the dynamic of bradshaw paired with a bruiser...

There's no silver lining bro, getting old just plain sucks.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Its definitely time to move on from the Power "O" running game. You have an explosive passing game that is being slowed down by a running game that was damn near dead last in the league. The screen play was non existent and the homerun threat wasn't there. I'm really anxious to see what Scott can do. I want to see him break through to the second level and take it to the house. Or turn the corner on a pitch and knock off 20 yards. Times have changed and the Giants need to come aboard.
    “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
    ― George Carlin