+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

GIANTS' RB DA'REL SCOTT TO GET HIS SHOT?

GIANTS' RB DA'REL SCOTT TO GET HIS SHOT?

"The Giants allowed RB Brandon Jacobs to leave for free agency and the San
    Francisco 49ers. We loved Brandon in New York as fans. He was big, bruising,
    had surprising speed, and at least once a year gave you a great highlight of
    running over a defender. Brandon also had a much too big a mouth for the
    Giants, and sometimes was not the friendliest player to the media. Brandon does
    however have two Super Bowl Rings, and deserves them both. We thank Brandon for
    all he has done here, and as always wish him well in the future.

This opens the door for some competition for the spot behind Ahmad Bradshaw.
    Currently on the roster are Andre Brown, D.J. Ware, and Da’Rel Scott. Scott
    has tremendous speed at 5’11? 195 and has shown some potential. It looks like
    the Giants will probably draft a RB or two for depth in the middle to late
    rounds. Expect the competition to be between these three mainly, with D.J. Ware
    having a slight edge starting out due mainly to his experience and tenure with
    the team. However, if Da’Rel can stay healthy he can contribute in many ways.
    Take a look at a few clips of Da’Rel’s work.Da’Rel Scott Fake PuntDa’Rel Scott 97 Yard
    Run

Pretty impressive stuff…..Let’s see if he can take advantage of the
    situation."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: GIANTS' RB DA'REL SCOTT TO GET HIS SHOT?

I really look forward to seeing Scott learn the position, and earn his feathers. He is a promising player.

AB will be limited as usual. Not a complaint just a fact

Ware we all know he is an OK RB and knows the system

Scott....we shall see. He has the speed and even at only 195 most of the weight is carried low. Good center or gravity and balance. He can do well if he outs in the work.

Brown....IMO seems like a wing nut and wont' really out the work in to make the most of his talent. Strictly and observation by me based on nothing but a hunch.

Scott or Brown NEEDS to step up. If they dont the running game will be just OK.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran

I hope so. I'd rather see the team develop a 2nd RB behind Bradshaw whether it be one of our existing guys or a rookie.

[quote user="GameTime"]

AB will be limited as usual. Not a complaint just a fact

Ware we all know he is an OK RB and knows the system

Scott....we shall see. He has the speed and even at only 195 most of the weight is carried low. Good center or gravity and balance. He can do well if he outs in the work.

Brown....IMO seems like a wing nut and wont' really out the work in to make the most of his talent. Strictly and observation by me based on nothing but a hunch.

Scott or Brown NEEDS to step up. If they dont the running game will be just OK.

[/quote]

I have finally come to just accept the "player development" aspect of how the GIANTS do business. There's plenty of evidence to say it works most of the time.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Everyone was calling for Scott last year when our running game was no where to be found. He fumbled and went to the bench for the rest of the year. He is more explosive than anyone else on the team, so I hope he can get a grip on things.
    If it takes a year to figure out an offense, it's the wrong offense.

Drafting a rookie is a must.....
    I luv AB, but extremely fragile...
    Ware is extremely borderline average...
    Scott, we have no clue what were getting...
    brown,him being on the practice squad is impressive....the guy has had a bad injury history ever since leaving high school....

I don't want to question and shouldn't the management we have.

I think Scott will get his chances and will be successful

[quote user="myles2424"]Drafting a rookie is a must.....
    I luv AB, but extremely fragile...
    Ware is extremely borderline average...
    Scott, we have no clue what were getting...
    brown,him being on the practice squad is impressive....the guy has had a bad injury history ever since leaving high school....[/quote]

They are definitely going to draft a RB this year...I can guarantee it. I think we might even see two drafted this year for camp competition with also a vet FA.

Veteran

No real proof with what I'm about to say but....

I have a feeling AB (Andre Brown) is going to be a big surprise and then we can come up with a cool nickname

ABs

AB2

AB squares

Double AB

A2B2

Yeah I just trust the Giants