+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Starter

Got to hand it to Brandon Jacobs

He ends up getting the 2 million he wanted for this season, goes to a contender with a great offensive line, he will retain his short yardage/goal line role as the Niners Anthony Dixon proved last season he isn't cut out for that task. He is backing up one of the most fragile running backs in football (Frank Gore) who is turning 29 in May.

Also, his new coach loves to pound the ground game (SF ranked 3rd last season in rushing attempts with 498).

The dude isn't as dumb as some of you think he is. Thanks for the memories big guy.

Veteran

Re: Got to hand it to Brandon Jacobs

[quote user="Odan"]He ends up getting the 2 million he wanted for this season, goes to a contender with a great offensive line, he will retain his short yardage/goal line role as the Niners Anthony Dixon proved last season he isn't cut out for that task. He is backing up one of the most fragile running backs in football (Frank Gore) who is turning 29 in May.

Also, his new coach loves to pound the ground game (SF ranked 3rd last season in rushing attempts with 498).

The dude isn't as dumb as some of you think he is. Thanks for the memories big guy.
    [/quote]

49ers are gunning for the Giants crown, that's for sure.

I trust Coughlin and Marc Ross to do their best to defend the title.

BJ is never happy being a backup. Hopefully he starts opening his mouth about it, though with that extra 500k, he will be able to afford a faster car.

I don't care what anyone says about the guy, but I love him and hold nothing against him. 50 years from now kids of Giants fans will know who he was and what he did for the Giants.

[quote user="BlueReign"]I don't care what anyone says about the guy, but I love him and hold nothing against him. 50 years from now kids of Giants fans will know who he was and what he did for the Giants.
    [/quote]This!!!

I love Jacobs.

He isn't dumb enough to think he can get the starter role over Frank Gore, let's be real here.

So all the "jacobs doesn't want to be a backup" is just nonsense.

[quote user="JMFP2"]

[quote user="Odan"]He ends up getting the 2 million he wanted for this season, goes to a contender with a great offensive line, he will retain his short yardage/goal line role as the Niners Anthony Dixon proved last season he isn't cut out for that task. He is backing up one of the most fragile running backs in football (Frank Gore) who is turning 29 in May.

[/quote]

[/quote]

The Niners overachieved this year. They won't be as good this season.

They had their chance and blew it.

Get well soon 80.

Veteran

[quote user="BlueReign"]I don't care what anyone says about the guy, but I love him and hold nothing against him. 50 years from now kids of Giants fans will know who he was and what he did for the Giants.
    [/quote]

I love BJ man. As weird it as may seem ...I feel old because he left. Feels like an end of an era for some reason.

Lol I'm only 24 but this just..idk man. Wish he was still here. Probably the one loss in FA as a Giant fan that hurt a little.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JMFP2"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The Niners overachieved this year. They won't be as good this season.

They had their chance and blew it.

[/quote]

Very possible. Especially when you have a team that lacks an upper tier QB. Seems like alot of times these teams come close one year, add some nice pieces, and you think "wow, they're only going to get better this year!" and somehow they end up failling off.

So they could have a letdown, but they could also be very good assuming Smith keeps playing well.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

Veteran

[quote user="JMFP2"]

[/quote]

[/quote]You forgot Jerry Reese.