+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Any QB's worth taking in the later rounds?

I would go after the best mobile QB (sub 4.59) left during later rounds, preferably rounds 5 or 6. We can spend 2 years developing him while teaching him the offense. Ryan Perriloux has been great for us in practice but doesn't serve any real purpose when it comes to growing with the team.

[quote user="FroZeNx31x"]I would go after the best mobile QB (sub 4.59) left during later rounds, preferably rounds 5 or 6. We can spend 2 years developing him while teaching him the offense. Ryan Perriloux has been great for us in practice but doesn't serve any real purpose when it comes to growing with the team.[/quote]

Not sure why you want to go after a mobile QB with our offense. However, if that is the desire, than Jordan Jefferson from LSU should be the guy. He is a big kid that is a smooth athlete.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

I'm anxious to see what Gilbride's offense would do with a mobile QB at the helm.
    Jefferson is a good prospect but I've seen him in-game.....he doesn't have that extra "stuff" you need from your QB.

Someone like Russell Wilson from Wisconsin would be an excellent prospect, also Dominique Davis from East Carolina (ran the Houston spread offense nicely, Boston College transfer)
    Both have been successful at the college level

[quote user="FroZeNx31x"]I'm anxious to see what Gilbride's offense would do with a mobile QB at the helm.
    Jefferson is a good prospect but I've seen him in-game.....he doesn't have that extra "stuff" you need from your QB.

Someone like Russell Wilson from Wisconsin would be an excellent prospect, also Dominique Davis from East Carolina (ran the Houston spread offense nicely, Boston College transfer)
    Both have been successful at the college level[/quote]

Wilson will be playing baseball in 3 years and Davis is talented, so who knows. I prefer the traditional drop back passer at the helm.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

[quote user="FroZeNx31x"]I'm anxious to see what Gilbride's offense would do with a mobile QB at the helm.[/quote]

Mobility from a QB is the most overrated part of QB evaluation. Top QBs make plays from the pocket.

[quote user="FroZeNx31x"]Jefferson is a good prospect but I've seen him in-game.....he doesn't have that extra "stuff" you need from your QB. [/quote]

As a QB I'd rather have Perriloux than Jefferson.

That depends on how many more years Eli is expected to play.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

kellen moore?

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="FroZeNx31x"]I'm anxious to see what Gilbride's offense would do with a mobile QB at the helm.[/quote]

Mobility from a QB is the most overrated part of QB evaluation. Top QBs make plays from the pocket.[/quote]

The game is changing.....soon mobility WILL be a major player in-terms of a QB's ability to win championships

All-Pro

[quote user="Shockeyitus"][quote user="Shockeyitus"]Ryan Lindley, San Diego State....[/quote]

Actually..in addition to Lindley, I also am intrigued by Aaron Corp from Richmond. Former USC quarterback.[/quote]

So are the Giants. They went to see his pro day and get an idea.