+ Reply to Thread

HAVE GIANTS' SUPER BOWL RINGS BEEN REVEALED?

HAVE GIANTS' SUPER BOWL RINGS BEEN REVEALED?

"The New York
    Giants
    are scheduled to have their Super
    Bowl XLVI
    ring ceremony on Wednesday, May 16th at Tiffany & Co., and as
    recently as Thursday morning, offensive lineman Chris Snee said he had not yet
    seen a picture of the rings. However, a photo depicting said rings has gone
    viral across many social networking platforms and has fans and players alike
    wondering "is this it?!"

Shortly after the above image began to spread across the internet, New York
    Giants
    linebacker Clint Sintim shared it with his Instagram and Twitter
    following with the caption: "sneak preview!"

Whether or not the ring in the photo is the actual design or whether it's a
    mere mockup remains unclear. However, social media networks like Twitter are
    atwitter with excitement over the prospect. And, after all, wide receiver Victor
    Cruz did say a few weeks ago that the design would include some blue (unlike the
    2007 championship ring). So maybe, just maybe, this is an early look at the new
    rings. Or maybe, just maybe, we'll have to wait until May 16th to see the real
    ones.

One thing is for certain, though. The New York
    Giants
    are Super Bowl champions and beautiful rings are coming their
    way.

UPDATE: Clint Sintim has tweeted the following: "Saw the ring online not official
    yet….official release will be presented by Giants organization… Sorry." This was
    then followed by a tweet from Justin Tuck: "People I don't know who started the
    post of the ring. But we haven't decided on the final ring yet. Still working on
    it."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Re: HAVE GIANTS' SUPER BOWL RINGS BEEN REVEALED?

Good to see the players still have a say in the design
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I like the copious use of the blue stones. The XLII ring was nice but too colorless. I'd like to see some red stones in there too. They may be Big Blue but their colors are red, white and blue. Maybe make the 4 footballs on the trophies red.

If I won a Super Bowl, I'd want way more than a 10-table ring. I'd want a ring that's visible from space. One that shoots out laser beams and would project Giants logo on the sky like the Bat Signal.

I don't like this ring at all, I'm sorry.

It is glorious.

over under that the rings cost 50,000 individually

[quote user="krygny"]I like the copious use of the blue stones. The XLII ring was nice but too colorless. I'd like to see some red stones in there too. They may be Big Blue but their colors are red, white and blue. Maybe make the 4 footballs on the trophies red.

If I won a Super Bowl, I'd want way more than a 10-table ring. I'd want a ring that's visible from space. One that shoots out laser beams and would project Giants logo on the sky like the Bat Signal.

[/quote]

Okay, we need Bansaw to do an image of the Bat Signal in the NY skyline, but instead of a bat, have the NY logo!

If that is it, it is a amazing looking ring.

All-Pro

[quote user="Out of Exile"]I don't like this ring at all, I'm sorry.[/quote]

Well I guess it's good you don't get one.

[quote user="krygny"]If I won a Super Bowl, I'd want way more than a 10-table ring. I'd want a ring that's visible from space. One that shoots out laser beams and would project Giants logo on the sky like the Bat Signal.

[/quote]

I dunno, the Steelers' last one is the size and shape of a picnic table. Too much.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells