+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Vote For Victor Cruz For Cover Of Madden 13!!!

[quote user="BlueBlooded1979"]I am not superstitious i am a little-stitious. No need to test fate though.[/quote]

Eli, is that you? lol
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

[quote user="gbril28"]My take on this whole matter is simple:

Players on the cover of Madden or SI are selected because they are seen by their peers and the media to be at the height of their respective sports at the time of the release.

It is very difficult for a player to replicate the performance that warranted their face being put on the cover. Also with being on a cover, all aspects of their performance are going to be analyzed that much more.

No curse.[/quote]

Dante Culpepper had the best season of his career 2 years after the cover.
    Brett Favre, same thing
    Drew Brees has bounced back as well.
    Vick is back to form

A lot of guys have come back and played to their potential. It's not like u can say these guys were selected at their highest point career and statistical wise. Several of them were in the first years of their career. It's not always a career ending incident.

Look I'm not superstition either, I'm just stating the facts as I see them. There have been undeniable occurrences. Do whatever u want but for me, I'm not gonna vote for cruz because I don't want to be a part of the aftermath should something happen.

[quote user="Cruz 4 Prez"][quote user="BeatYale"][i]The curse stems from EA Sports being the evil empire of sports gaming. Purchasing exclusive rights from the NFL and NCAA to ensure no other company could produce a college or pro football branded game. Prior to this they were wining and dining people from major media outlets to get higher review scores.

They have released the same product year after year with updated rosters, slowly ripping ideas from the 2k series over time and calling them new features with all kinds of marketing buzz words around them. Eg: Took them forever to add gang tackling animations and when they finally did, they acted like they pioneered it. EA admitted a long time ago that their strategy was to out market 2ksports instead of out develop them because they knew they had an inferior product at the time (this was almost 8 years ago around the time they secured exclusive rights to the NFL license).

TLDR; I've worked in the gaming industry for 11 years. I had an internship at EA when I was in college. There's a lot that goes on that consumers aren't aware of. If curses are real, this is probably it. The EA Sports brand deserves it, but the players don't.[/quote]
    Very well said, sir. EA is a bunch of pricks. If you buy the game new you can play online with the activation code, but if you buy the game used, you have to pay EA to play on the servers. $10 charge. Not just for Madden, but for Need For Speed, Battlefield, and all their other games. My NBA 2k12 I can play on anyone's system online and don't have to pay extra at all. F' EA[/quote]

That's the price u pay when we buy used. I'm not saying it's right. I buy most of my games used. The fact of the matter is when we buy used we are paying the retailer. The company that makes the game isn't getting that sale so essentially it hurts business for them. Charging for an online pass is their way of making something on a used sale.

Madden curse? There is no way I want a Giant on it.

NOOOOO

Bench Player

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]Madden curse? There is no way I want a Giant on it.[/quote]
    You guys with this idea of curses being real. I cannot believe how supersticious you guys all are. It's baffling

[quote user="jparmer"][quote user="Cruz 4 Prez"][quote user="jparmer"]Fitz was the only one not affected out of all the cover men. But Fitz was also on the cover with Polamalu so vote for whoever u want. Curse or no curse I won't be held responsible for voting in our guy and damning him[/quote]
    If you really think about it, most of the people they put on the cover are over 30 years old, and have been in the league a while, so yeah that's why they were more injury pron. Example. McNabb, Alexander, Polamalu who is injury proned on the cover or not, and Favre. I don't know, I just want my favorite player on the cover, curses are fictional[/quote]

Eddie George - 27
    Culpepper - 25
    Faulk -28
    Vick - 23
    Lewis - 29
    McNabb - 29
    Alexander - 29
    Young - 24
    Favre - 39
    Troy - 28
    Brees - 31
    Hillis - 25