+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Akiem Hicks (DT)

6th round project player but with us needing depth on the Dline, and this guy having a year or two to mature, he could very well be a total monster.

6'5, 320 and pure athletic talent.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...65/akiem-hicks

What would you think of this pick if we waited until the 6th round on a DT?
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Re: Akiem Hicks (DT)

His name ryhmes with hakeem nicks......draft him!

[quote user="Kruunch"]6th round project player but with us needing depth on the Dline, and this guy having a year or two to mature, he could very well be a total monster.

What would you think of this pick if we waited until the 6th round on a DT?[/quote]

But I want Brandon Hardin FS at pick 6.........c'mon man.....

[quote user="GGTM_1977"][quote user="Kruunch"]6th round project player but with us needing depth on the Dline, and this guy having a year or two to mature, he could very well be a total monster.

What would you think of this pick if we waited until the 6th round on a DT?[/quote]

But I want Brandon Hardin FS at pick 6.........c'mon man.....[/quote]

He might drop to the 7th?
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Veteran

[quote user="myles2424"]His name ryhmes with hakeem nicks......draft him![/quote]

That's what I was going to say. Can't be that bad if his name rhymes with Nicks lol.

[quote user="myles2424"]His name ryhmes with hakeem nicks......draft him![/quote]

Yeah I don't know which is better...Drafting Akiem Hicks or Darrell Scott.

Coaches confusion for $500 Alex.

Its interesting if you look at some of the recent draft classes, and the most productive pass rushing DTs, what rounds they were drafted in.

Geno Atkins - 7.5 sacks - 4th round
    Karl Klug - 7 sacks - 5th round
    Henry Melton - 7 sacks - 4th round

The other interesting thing, two of those guys, Klug and Melton came out as DEs. Melton was 269 at the combine, Klug was 275.

So IMO, if the giants are looking for a pass rushing DT, have to also look at those tweener size DEs, who may not be fast enough to be successful DEs, but can add weight and move inside.

Guys like Malik Jackson, Trevor Guyton, Brett Roy, etc. are all interesting conversion guys

[quote user="slipknottin"]Its interesting if you look at some of the recent draft classes, and the most productive pass rushing DTs, what rounds they were drafted in.

Henry Melton - 7 sacks - 4th round[/quote]

yea some [size font="7"]pass[/size] rushing defensive tackles that are great tend to have short arms and/or slightly undersized (jay alford, marvin austin, etc) so that causes them to slip in the draft

[quote user="slipknottin"]Its interesting if you look at some of the recent draft classes, and the most productive pass rushing DTs, what rounds they were drafted in.

Henry Melton - 7 sacks - 4th round

The other interesting thing, two of those guys, Klug and Melton came out as DEs. Melton was 269 at the combine, Klug was 275.

So IMO, if the giants are looking for a pass rushing DT, have to also look at those tweener size DEs, who may not be fast enough to be successful DEs, but can add weight and move inside.

Guys like Malik Jackson, Trevor Guyton, Brett Roy, etc. are all interesting conversion guys[/quote]

I'd also argue Billy Winn as well

Bench Player

i like him (Hardin) more as a SS prospect.