+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What position do you want the NYG to address before teh draft? and Who?

Personally i wouldnt mind a couple guys to come in and sure up the OL, DT, and maybe a LB pre draft.

OL: Marcus McNeil is still available and getting little intrest outside of SD. maybe get him a 1-2 year deal (which is what hes expected to get) I still however want OL addressed Via the draft but when loosing K-Mac this year and Ohara a veteran presense like McNeil would be nice

DT: Amobi Okoye - been a disapointment thus far in his career. but he cam in young and still has lots of time to improve. I wouldnt call him a bust just not worth a top 10 pick. He did have his best year last year but played on a pretty good D and has been overshaddowed for his hole career. I havent heard anything about him getting any interest so could come cheap. This way we dont have to waste a pick on a DT when he would end up behind Joseph, Austin, and Canty.

I like out LB corp alot. and would like to see the Giants pick up a ILB in the draft like a Mychal Kendricks or Audie Coli. that being said, a one year deal for a guy like London Fletcher who will bring experience and leadership to a young LB Corp would be useful in their development plus he is still playing at a high level (especially bc he turned 73 this year lol)... Gary Bracket would be ok if Fletcher can be had

WHo do you want?

Re: What position do you want the NYG to address before teh draft? and Who?

Running Back ----- I would like to see James Stewart in Blue, too expensive though

I think they are in great shape right now, dont think they need to bring in anyone else

Offensive Line is the one thing I want to see improved at this point. You could have Emmitt freaking Smith in your backfield and he wouldn't be able to do anything with the way our OL run blocks... If we get an O-line worth a damn, our depth at RB can work as starters, and therefore would only need to spend a 6th or 7th round pick on a RB.

DT isn't as much of an issue, since we like to platoon our DE's and sometimes switch out DT entirely for the 4 DE "NASCAR" Package on passing plays. Some DE's like JPP can function effectively on running plays as though they were DT's as well.

MLB isn't as important as we like to run the 4-2-5 nickel package a lot these days. Additionally, Boley can potentially make the transition to the Mike so we can give JWill more playing time. Failing that, we can sign Blackburn off the couch again... that seemed to work last season.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

[quote user="slipknottin"]I think they are in great shape right now, dont think they need to bring in anyone else[/quote] Usually there is a 2nd round of FA after the draft the Giants may be active there. I'm surprised Jacobs left. I thought for sure he wouldnt get a the money he wanted. The Giants Running game needs to be revamped anyway

Veteran

[quote user="FroZeNx31x"]Running Back ----- I would like to see James Stewart in Blue, too expensive though[/quote]

That truly would be a wonderful life

Veteran

[quote user="FroZeNx31x"]Running Back ----- I would like to see James Stewart in Blue, too expensive though[/quote]

You mean Jonathan Stewart, lol. I don't see us digging up Jimmy's bones and placing him behind our O-line any time soon lol.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Giants wont do anything but maybe bring back a Tollefson or Blackburn before the draft, theres no money.

Im actually fine with who we got right now.

With OL, I think we'll draft someone but we'll try Diehl as the starting RT and see how that goes

LB: Im totally confident in the guys we have right now, Boley, Kiwi, JWill, Herzlich seem like great young LBs that could really step it up next season

I think we'll draft a mid-late round RB and WR, but we'll probably look OL and DT early

No need to spend any more money on FAs this season, we need to save it for our in house FAs next year
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

its starting to look like the team doesn't have enough money to buy a newspaper because we're losing guys and not replacing them..