+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Alshon Jeffery meets with the giants

Alshon Jeffery met with the giants Kevin m gibride at his pro day. Personally I like Jeffrey and think he could step right in and be the z receiver for our offense. This time last yr if u said Jeffery could be a giant I'd have laughed at u.

Re: Alshon Jeffery meets with the giants

I watch a lot of SEC Football (Wife went to Georgia) and I have always liked how productive Jeffery was at South Carolina with average (at Best) QB play.

I think he is in the mold of a Poor-man's Anquan Boldin type guy.

Mike Mayock and a few other analysts are worried about him maintaining a 215 lb weight (He played at close to 225-230) and they said he does not separate from coverage well.

However, I think Gilbride will target receivers that are big and smart, and can run the right sight options on their route.

A smart receiver will do well in our system.

Jeffrey is okay, would rather have Marvin Jones in the second or third round. He can play the X, Y, and Z.

Seems like the Giants are really zeroing on choosing a receiver in the 2nd round.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

I have no problem with his play. I just worry about his past weight problems. That has to concern anyone who drafts him.

I really don't know why everyone seems to want us to spend a high draft pick on a WR. WR is a need, but not as big of our our needs at TE, LB, and OT imo. Alshon wouldn't be a bad pick at 32, but it wouldn't be a great pick depending on who's left on the board.

[quote user="NCGiant23"]I really don't know why everyone seems to want us to spend a high draft pick on a WR. WR is a need, but not as big of our our needs at TE, LB, and OT imo. Alshon wouldn't be a bad pick at 32, but it wouldn't be a great pick depending on who's left on the board.
    [/quote]

I think that Reese will go BPA early, don't you?

[quote user="BlueSanta"]I have no problem with his play. I just worry about his past weight problems. That has to concern anyone who drafts him.
    [/quote]

Agreed. I don't like how some fans are brushing it off because of Nicks. Nicks was injured

The weight gain in Alshon's case could be a sign of Jeffery's work ethic or complacency

If he can keep his weight down in the nfl as he promises, would be perfectly OK. He might have the best ball skills and range going up for the ball in this draft class. He looks like he's 6'7 when going up for the ball and has a really intimidating frame and upper body that makes him look bigger than he is

[quote user="Tommy_Ribs"][quote user="NCGiant23"]I really don't know why everyone seems to want us to spend a high draft pick on a WR.* WR is a need, but not as big of our our needs at TE, LB, and OT imo.* Alshon wouldn't be a bad pick at 32, but it wouldn't be a great pick depending on who's left on the board.
    [/quote]

I think that Reese will go BPA early, don't you?
    [/quote]

Yeah, but unlike years past I can't see anyone taking a real dive.

Even if they do, we have new england at 31 who would love to trade down to a team that wants to a nab a player. The only top prospect I can see falling is devon still or kendall wright. MAYBE mercilus and nick perry

[quote user="Kruunch"]Seems like the Giants are really zeroing on choosing a receiver in the 2nd round.[/quote]

If they go WR in round two... there are only a few guys that I like..

Mohamaed Sanu
    Alshon Jeffery

Round 3:

Nick Toon
    Marvin McNutt
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State