+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lavonte David

Hybrid View

Lavonte David

Why don't more people talk about this kid!? I've been watching tape and the guy is a phenomenal Athlete at Linebacker. The only problem is that he's a little light but the guy is rocked up.

Re: Lavonte David

[quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]Why don't more people talk about this kid!? I've been watching tape and the guy is a phenomenal Athlete at Linebacker. The only problem is that he's a little light but the guy is rocked up.[/quote]<font size="2">Not sure where you've been but Lavonte David has gotten plenty of talk in these draft threads. I like this guy a lot and think he could/should be drawing interest from the Giants. I don't see hardly any holes in his game. I think the main knock on him is his size and where does he play on the field. I know he's a projected weakside LB, but I think he could convert over and play safety at the next level. </font>

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]Why don't more people talk about this kid!? I've been watching tape and the guy is a phenomenal Athlete at Linebacker. The only problem is that he's a little light but the guy is rocked up.[/quote]<font size="2">Not sure where you've been but Lavonte David has gotten plenty of talk in these draft threads. I like this guy a lot and think he could/should be drawing interest from the Giants. I don't see hardly any holes in his game. I think the main knock on him is his size and where does he play on the field. I know he's a projected weakside LB, but I think he could convert over and play safety at the next level. </font>
    [/quote]he has the size/ speed to play the linebacker pseudo-safety-role that Fewell loves

[quote user="XxBigWhitxX"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]Why don't more people talk about this kid!? I've been watching tape and the guy is a phenomenal Athlete at Linebacker. The only problem is that he's a little light but the guy is rocked up.[/quote]<font size="2">Not sure where you've been but Lavonte David has gotten plenty of talk in these draft threads. I like this guy a lot and think he could/should be drawing interest from the Giants. I don't see hardly any holes in his game. I think the main knock on him is his size and where does he play on the field. I know he's a projected weakside LB, but I think he could convert over and play safety at the next level. </font>
    [/quote]he has the size/ speed to play the linebacker pseudo-safety-role that Fewell loves[/quote]<font size="2">He's projected to go somewhere in the 2nd round though. You think he'll still be on the board at 64?</font>

No way in hell. we might honestly HAVE TO take him at 32

[quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]No way in hell. we might honestly HAVE TO take him at 32[/quote]<font size="2">You're probably right, he'll be off the board at 64.</font>

[quote user="XxBigWhitxX"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]Why don't more people talk about this kid!? I've been watching tape and the guy is a phenomenal Athlete at Linebacker. The only problem is that he's a little light but the guy is rocked up.[/quote]<font size="2">Not sure where you've been but Lavonte David has gotten plenty of talk in these draft threads. I like this guy a lot and think he could/should be drawing interest from the Giants. I don't see hardly any holes in his game. I think the main knock on him is his size and where does he play on the field. I know he's a projected weakside LB, but I think he could convert over and play safety at the next level. </font>
    [/quote]he has the size/ speed to play the linebacker pseudo-safety-role that Fewell loves[/quote]

The thing that impresses me most about David is the leverage and instincts he shows in coverage. Stays low and plays with great route recognition. Great speed as well. He covered those Iowa spread receivers very well.

He's one of my favorite players in this year's draft. TOUGH, fast kid, vicious tackler, good in coverage. Reminds me of London Fletcher.

He's one of my favorite players in this year's draft. TOUGH, fast kid,
    vicious tackler, good in coverage. Reminds me of London Fletcher.

I read in some website can't remember where that the Giants may move Boley inside to MLB then this guy could come in and start at WOLB but I'm not sure if I would be happy with Boley at MLB