+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lavonte David

Re: Lavonte David

Being that he's like 6'1 I dnt think 235 is too light

It is the biggest knock against him. he is as good a tackler and as instinctual as Kuechly, As fast as Kendricks, and has the coverage ability of Harrison smith.

[quote user="myles2424"]Being that he's like 6'1 I dnt think 235 is too light[/quote]

Agree, I think he will get lost amongst the big men, besides we already have two "light" by LB standards guys now. If you are going to pick someone take a look at the kid from West Virginia, looks like he might be a little closer to what we want.

[quote user="Captain Chaos"]

[quote user="myles2424"]Being that he's like 6'1 I dnt think 235 is too light[/quote]

Agree, I think he will get lost amongst the big men, besides we already have two "light" by LB standards guys now.* If you are going to pick someone take a look at the kid from West Virginia, looks like he might be a little closer to what we want.

[/quote]If your talking about Bruce Irving the guy is a DE/34OLB. he has no value as a LB in a 4-3.

[quote user="XxBigWhitxX"][quote user="Captain Chaos"]

Agree, I think he will get lost amongst the big men, besides we already have two "light" by LB standards guys now. If you are going to pick someone take a look at the kid from West Virginia, looks like he might be a little closer to what we want.

[/quote]If your talking about Bruce Irving the guy is a DE/34OLB. he has no value as a LB in a 4-3.[/quote]

He is probably gonna be a 3-4 OLB maybe a 4-3 OLB I think he is too small to be a DE for anyone but the eagles

I've been a big fan of lavonte david's for months now

The reason why he doesn't get a lot of talk on here is because people here believe the giants don't need an OLB, because obviously david isn't an ILB. Yet somehow so many people are convinced the giants "need" an OT

But I honestly believe if he's the BPA and makes it to 64 (As undersized players tend to fall), the giants will pick him. David has the rare combination of instincts + athleticism that you see in all the great linebackers in our league and in nfl history. Just doesn't have the bulk to be considered a 1st round prospect, unfortunately (despite the fact that he is usually excellent at disengaging/slipping blockers and isnt any worse than kuechly in that area)

[quote user="XxBigWhitxX"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]Why don't more people talk about this kid!? I've been watching tape and the guy is a phenomenal Athlete at Linebacker. The only problem is that he's a little light but the guy is rocked up.[/quote]Not sure where you've been but Lavonte David has gotten plenty of talk in these draft threads. I like this guy a lot and think he could/should be drawing interest from the Giants. I don't see hardly any holes in his game. I think the main knock on him is his size and where does he play on the field. I know he's a projected weakside LB, but I think he could convert over and play safety at the next level.
    [/quote]he has the size/ speed to play the linebacker pseudo-safety-role that Fewell loves[/quote]

The thing that impresses me most about David is the leverage and instincts he shows in coverage. Stays low and plays with great route recognition. Great speed as well. He covered those Iowa spread receivers very well.

He's one of my favorite players in this year's draft. TOUGH, fast kid, vicious tackler, good in coverage. Reminds me of London Fletcher.

He's one of my favorite players in this year's draft. TOUGH, fast kid,
    vicious tackler, good in coverage. Reminds me of London Fletcher.

I read in some website can't remember where that the Giants may move Boley inside to MLB then this guy could come in and start at WOLB but I'm not sure if I would be happy with Boley at MLB