+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NYG Pre-Draft Visits

Re: NYG Pre-Draft Visits

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="DownWitJPP"]anytime man, don't take these players too seriously though, the Giants don't usually bring in the people they are going to draft[/quote]Thats not true at all.. THe giants do pick quite a few players they bring in for workouts..

The giants worked out* Ramses Barden, Clint Sintim, Adrien Tracy, Travis Beckum, Jerrell jerrnigan, JPP, Duke Calhoun, Phil Dillard, Chad Jones...etc

Of course, sometimes a guy drops to you, that u didn't think would, like Prince Amukumura, and alot of the workouts the giants host, are locals, or guys who might be more of a UDF type, or longshot, as your allowed as many local visits as u want... And, even if they don't work a guy out, sometimes u can tell there interest by how much time they spent with a guy at teh combine or there proday.. But, the giants certainly do bring in guys there seriously interested in...

[/quote]

Exactly.. it just baffles me how these myths about the giants doing smoke screens turn into facts.

well i should of said first rounders, and i got your point the first time you said it

I am just updating players that we are working out

Alabama LB Donta Hightower visited the Giants today. On his way to see the Bears tomorrow. He's a hot commodity right now.

from SI's Peter King on twitter

The Giants also worked out Mo Sanu and Matt Simms.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]]Thats not true at all.. THe giants do pick quite a few players they bring in for workoutsBut, the giants certainly do bring in guys there seriously interested in...

[/quote]

Reese has said in the past they bring in guys that they have question marks with. They want a better look at them in person either on the field or in interviews.

He said a guy like KP they did not bring in because he was clean, and they had no worries about him at all, knew exactly what they would get.

So if you look at it in that context, ask yourself what the giants are looking for when they bring these guys in.

[quote user="titwio"]The Giants also worked out Mo Sanu and Matt Simms.[/quote]

oops forgot this one good call

but today on the wheelhouse on SNY, Sanu said he only visited the Jets and Giants and when asked who he would rather play for he said the Jets. He can't be all that intelligent lol

[quote user="DownWitJPP"][

but today on the wheelhouse on SNY, Sanu said he only visited the Jets and Giants and when asked who he would rather play for he said the Jets. He can't be all that intelligent lol[/quote]

Well he would be a starter for the Jets...

Tho as the #3 for the giants he would still catch a lot more balls.

yea that makes sense, I still think we need a FAST receiver on the outside to replace Rio. Sanu is pretty good but he is kind of slow. Don't want Barden X2 that can't get separation in the pros

[quote user="DownWitJPP"][quote user="titwio"]The Giants also worked out Mo Sanu and Matt Simms.[/quote]

oops forgot this one good call

but today on the wheelhouse on SNY, Sanu said he only visited the Jets and Giants and when asked who he would rather play for he said the Jets. He can't be all that intelligent lol[/quote]
    ROLF , he is not the brightest kid around from what I'm seeing bro !
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]]Thats not true at all.. THe giants do pick quite a few players they bring in for workoutsBut, the giants certainly do bring in guys there seriously interested in...

[/quote] Reese has said in the past they bring in guys that they have question marks with. They want a better look at them in person either on the field or in interviews. He said a guy like KP they did not bring in because he was clean, and they had no worries about him at all, knew exactly what they would get. So if you look at it in that context, ask yourself what the giants are looking for when they bring these guys in.[/quote] I don't know what you mean? The bottom line is there not bringing in someone who there not interested in, why would they? I'm pretty sure they got better things to do then bring in guys they don't care about, and i'm also pretty sure there not just wasting prospects time, for no reason..

Reese is saying, they bring players in that they like, but want a closer look at, because of a few question marks they have, that they'd like to get answers about.... Thats what i think...

+ Reply to Thread