ILB

DT

CB

WR

OG

OLB

DE

Mock Draft:

1- ILB- Dont’a Hightower (Ala)- http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...onta-hightower

2- OT- Mitchell Schwartz (Cal)- http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...chell-schwartz

3- DT- Alameda Ta’amu (Wash)- http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p.../alameda-taamu
    or Keenan Robinson (OLB-TX)- http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...eenan-robinson

4a- WR- Ty Hilton (FIU)- http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...8761/ty-hilton

4b- CB- Leonard Johnson (TX)- http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...eonard-johnson

5- OLB- Terrel Manning (NCSU)- http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...errell-manning
    or Hebron Fangupo (DT- BYU)- http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...hebron-fangupo

6- OG- Ryan Miller (Colorado)- http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...26/ryan-miller

7- BPA- DE- Donte Moss (UNC)- http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...onte-paigemoss

I really think our biggest needs are OL and LB's. I think we need at
    least 1 Tackle and 1 OG, and 1 OLB and 1 ILB. I'm not sold on either
    unit, and I wouldn't be upset if we even drafted two OT's and 1 OG.

I also think we seriously need to consider our D-Line (crazy to think
    that with the line we have). But Rocky Bernard is likely to move on and
    the three DT's we have in rotation are injury prone. Also, we'll be
    losing Osi and I think we need to start having consistency in the middle
    to keep the DE's free.

We need a 3rd WR, and I think we need to address the return game. This
    kid T.Y Hilton is going to be a steal if we can get him in the 4th.
    Lightning fast, great hands and is tough.....willing to block. If we
    get him I'll be thrilled.

CB always seems to be an issue, and we only have 3 "proven" CB's (that's
    if you consider Prince proven). TT is running on his last legs, and we
    need depth.

Again, our LB's need to be addressed. We're thin and the guys we have
    on the outside, while decent, are also injury prone. We need to add
    depth with quality players.

Our line gets no push in
    the interior. While it'd be nice to address it earlier in the draft, I
    think there are other needs more pressing and with what we have, I
    think we can manage another year. That said, it's always good to have
    depth and possible diamond in the rough.

While most rounds should be BPA, 7th, to me, is just a given you go for
    best overall athletic ability/potential. We may want to try and find a
    gem at DE to replace Osi. This kid from UNC is said to have been first
    round talent, but blew his knee up last year. Might be worht a shot.

Re: Giants Needs

Jacobs is gone, Bradshaw just had hip marrow injected into his injured foot
    That may never be the same. Ware has proven he's not a # 1 back and Scott can't pass block or carry the load as a number one. You don't think were gonna take a running back somewhere? You have us with 8 needs over RB? Hard to agree with that line of thinking. But good effort in your post.

[quote user="Shockeystays08"]Jacobs is gone, Bradshaw just had hip marrow injected into his injured foot
    That may never be the same. Ware has proven he's not a # 1 back and Scott can't pass block or carry the load as a number one. You don't think were gonna take a running back somewhere? You have us with 8 needs over RB? Hard to agree with that line of thinking. But good effort in your post.[/quote]This. RB has now moved to a need position with the release of BJ.

[quote user="radar-ray"][quote user="Shockeystays08"]Jacobs is gone, Bradshaw just had hip marrow injected into his injured foot
    That may never be the same. Ware has proven he's not a # 1 back and Scott can't pass block or carry the load as a number one. You don't think were gonna take a running back somewhere? You have us with 8 needs over RB? Hard to agree with that line of thinking. But good effort in your post.[/quote]This. RB has now moved to a need position with the release of BJ.[/quote]

You can get stud RBs late in the draft though.

I also think WR is an issue now that Manningham is gone.

JJ is 5 fee 8 inches meaning he can't play outside.

Cruz should remain in the slot so we need some size outside.

I wouldn't take a Olineman until the 3rd round at the very very very earliest.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="T.Rice57"]OK, so i woke up really, really early today and I have the day off.* So,
    as I sat worthlessly on the couch watching Rescue Me on NetFlix, I
    decided to do some "scouting" on what I think the Giants need in the
    upcoming draft (I know I'm a loser).

I mad two lists.* The first list is what I think the Giants biggest are,
    in order, by position.* The second list is how I hope the draft pans
    out.* I made the list with the notion that we will not resign Rocky
    Bernard.*

Needs:

OT

ILB

DT

CB

WR

OG

OLB

DE

[/quote]

You forgot to mention TE and RB, both of which are higher needs (even with the signing of Bennet) that anything you mention.

From appearances (judging by who they've worked out) the Giants appear to be targeting a WR high in the draft (rds 2 or 3).

CB should be way down that list. We have 3 starters on the team and under contract for the next 2 years.

I would have disagreed with you earlier about ILB but with the lack of signing there (either with Goff or Blackburn) it seems that the Giants are going to wait until after the draft to address that (and quite possibly with the draft).

I think there is a very real possibility with us taking a DT in the first round this year (one of Worthy/Still/Reyes).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="T.Rice57"]OK, so i woke up really, really early today and I have the day off.* So,
    as I sat worthlessly on the couch watching Rescue Me on NetFlix, I
    decided to do some "scouting" on what I think the Giants need in the
    upcoming draft (I know I'm a loser).

I mad two lists.* The first list is what I think the Giants biggest are,
    in order, by position.* The second list is how I hope the draft pans
    out.* I made the list with the notion that we will not resign Rocky
    Bernard.*

Needs:

OT

ILB

DT

CB

WR

OG

OLB

DE

[/quote]

You forgot to mention TE and RB, both of which are higher needs (even with the signing of Bennet) that anything you mention.

From appearances (judging by who they've worked out) the Giants appear to be targeting a WR high in the draft (rds 2 or 3).

CB should be way down that list. We have 3 starters on the team and under contract for the next 2 years.

I would have disagreed with you earlier about ILB but with the lack of signing there (either with Goff or Blackburn) it seems that the Giants are going to wait until after the draft to address that (and quite possibly with the draft).

I think there is a very real possibility with us taking a DT in the first round this year (one of Worthy/Still/Reyes).[/quote]
    The way Reese talked about Austin makes me think they need to act like he isnt on the team.
    If he contributes its gravy but him not playing for 2 years has me thinking he is going to bust.
    A real shame because I liked him coming out

Id have to list in order of importance
    OT
    DT
    Safety
    LB
    RB
    WR
    TE

Im a fan of half of your picks, I dont like Hightower, I think he's overrated. Schwartz is a nice pick but I think the 2nd may be a little high. Ta'amu is more of a NT than a 4-3 DT, I REALLY like Manning and Miller in the back end of the draft
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="burier"][quote user="radar-ray"][quote user="Shockeystays08"]Jacobs is gone, Bradshaw just had hip marrow injected into his injured foot
    That may never be the same. Ware has proven he's not a # 1 back and Scott can't pass block or carry the load as a number one. You don't think were gonna take a running back somewhere? You have us with 8 needs over RB? Hard to agree with that line of thinking. But good effort in your post.[/quote]This. RB has now moved to a need position with the release of BJ.[/quote]

You can get stud RBs late in the draft though.

I also think WR is an issue now that Manningham is gone.

JJ is 5 fee 8 inches meaning he can't play outside.

Cruz should remain in the slot so we need some size outside.

I wouldn't take a Olineman until the 3rd round at the very very very earliest.[/quote]No running back will be productive unless we shore up the OL first but I agree, a RB somewhere mid to late rounds is necessary.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I haven't heard anything about Goff lately. Assuming he hasn't signed anywhere and we can re-sign him on the cheap, ILB wouldn't be as pressing though I think he is just OK. We can't solve all our issues in one draft and having him for peanuts will take one of the positions off the table. I would make him a rich man however.
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="jomo"]I haven't heard anything about Goff lately. Assuming he hasn't signed anywhere and we can re-sign him on the cheap, ILB wouldn't be as pressing though I think he is just OK. We can't solve all our issues in one draft and having him for peanuts will take one of the positions off the table. I would make him a rich man however.[/quote]

Salary cap is busting the Giants in a bad way not being able to fill holes. I agree that ILB could turn into an issue this coming season and last year debacle is proof of it but at this moment the Giants are counting in Brewer to come in and start at RT aside of Diehl moving in, either way there's a hole at RT and depth problems in the O-line, add the issues that Brandon created at RB by flying out, WR depth, lost of depth at DT and Marvin coming off a 2 year lay off, TE depth needed ? It looks like Reese and Co. have their work cut out .
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.