I waited as long as I could. The whole month of April makes me jittery for the upcoming draft. Here's my mock for the time being.
Let me know what you think.
1. Devon Still DT Penn State. - A lot of ways the Giants can go and being at 32 overall only solidifies Reese's plan to take the BPA. If Devon is still on the board, then it's hard to argue that he wouldn't be the pick.
2. Bobby Wagner LB Utah ST. - Fast, versatile LB who can play on the outside or inside. Good instincts, very intelligent and solid in coverage. Just seems like Giants material to me...Also doesn't hurt he that he ran a mid 4.4 on his Pro Day.
3. Bobby Massie OT Ole Miss. The Giants continue to snatch the BPA much like last year and Massie is another big steal for Reese in the 3rd. Solid at 6'6 316 very strong in the run game and is outright viscous finishing off defenders. With K-Mac gone and Deihl more of a band aid this year...Massie makes a lot sense here to come in and compete along with Brewer.
4. Isiah Pead RB Cincinnati - In the fourth the Giants address the running back position and take the best one available. A fast, explosive, athletic RB with with good hands in the passing game and offers great value in the return game as well.
4b. Ladarius Greene TE Louisiana-Lafayette- 6'6 240 raw, fast, athletic TE who is dangerous with the ball in his hands. He'll need to put on some more pounds but has the size and athleticism to be a stud. He'll have time to mold while he learns from better blocking TE's in Bennett and Ballard. His upside is huge.
5. Jarius Wright WR Arkansas. Fast, quick, solid handed receiver who gets good separation . A legitimate deep threat who runs good routes and can play outside as well as the slot. Reminds me a lot of Mario coming out of Michigan. The Giants continue trend adding play makers to their receiving corps and Wright could come right in and be insurance for guys like Jernigan, Hixon and the loss of Thomas as well.
6. Donte Paige-Moss DE North Carolina- The Giants look to address DE and look no further than North Carolina. Donte is risk coming off an ACL but the Giants take him in the 6th to sit back and learn, groom and mature before dealing with the uncertainty of 2013. He has good overall size and length and is a solid, secure tackler who gets penetration.
7. Tramain Thomas S Arkansas- Thomas is a play maker in the secondary and shows great athleticism. Very fluid and with solid range. Lacks ideal size for a safety and needs to get stronger but the Giants feel he's the BPA and definitely worth the pick here.