+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Draftees who could start next year

Draftees who could start next year

How many players in the first round do you think could start for the Giants next year. I know we won't have a shot at many,if any, because we are drafting last.

Re: Draftees who could start next year

Any MLB we might take in the 1st
    Most of the OL prospects in the 1st would probably start eventually

Guys like marvin jones or mohammed sanu can contribute immediately from Day 1 whereas a stephen hill or brian quick will take some time

i dont think zebrie sanders is ready to start away despite his unusually high popularity on this board.

casey hayward can absolutely start from day 1 without a blink

Veteran

[quote user="hugehomer"]How many players in the first round do you think could start for the Giants next year. I know we won't have a shot at many,if any, because we are drafting last.
    [/quote]

WHERE we're drafting doesn't have too much significance. Nicks was drafted at 29th, while Michael Crabtree was selected 10th overall. Not only was Nicks more ready to start coming out of college (injury aside), but Nicks has continued to be the better player.

One of this team's greatest strengths is its scouting department, and their ability/skill in finding quality prospects at any stage in the draft.

That being said, few if any draftees will start next year (barring injury), simply because of depth and how well this team is put together. The only position I can see a rookie stepping up and starting at is RT, and that's only if one comes in and blows Diehl out of the water, or possibly MLB (depending on a camp battle between Boley, Herz, Jones, and this hypothetical LB). No WR would be able to come in and start over Nicks/Cruz, barring injury no RB would be started over Bradshaw, no DL or DB would start over the guys starting now.

completely agree. Well said.

Do you think the Giants would consider packaging picks to move up, just a lfew spots if they see a player they really covet?

Not too many positions open on the roster.

Psns to draft: T, G, WR, RB,TE, LB, DL

[quote user="paul007"]completely agree. Well said.

Do you think the Giants would consider packaging picks to move up, just a lfew spots if they see a player they really covet?

Not too many positions open on the roster.

Psns to draft: T, G, WR, RB,TE, LB, DL[/quote]

Not really their style.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

I agree that if we took a MLB in the first round, he would probably start next year.

If we drafted a tackle in the first round, I would expect him to start at some point next year.

Trent Richardson may not start day one, and I know we have no chance at getting him, but IMO he would quickly become the starter ahead of Bradshaw. Probably not game 1, but I don't think it would take too long.

+ Reply to Thread