+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

GIANTS' JAKE BALLARD HAS LITTLE FAITH COWBOYS' BRANDON CARR CAN STOP HAKEEM NICKS, VICTOR CRUZ

GIANTS' JAKE BALLARD HAS LITTLE FAITH COWBOYS' BRANDON CARR CAN STOP HAKEEM NICKS, VICTOR CRUZ

"Cornerback Brandon
    Carr
    is the Dallas
    Cowboys
    ' shiny new toy. Considered a quality defensive back, he's a
    significant upgrade over what they previously had. But will he be enough to help
    shutdown the New York
    Giants' tandem of Hakeem
    Nicks
    and Victor
    Cruz
    ? Tight end Jake
    Ballard
    certainly doesn't think so.

Kansas City Chiefs cornerback Brandon
    Carr
    grabs a goal-line pass intended for Denver Broncos wide receiver
    Brandon Lloyd, but fails to make the interception during the second half of
    their NFL football
    game at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri December 5, 2010.
    REUTERS/Dave Kaup (UNITED STATES - Tags: SPORT FOOTBALL)

Needless to say, big time CBs haven't exactly had their way with Big Blue
    WRs.

Back in 2009, Carr's second year in the NFL, he and the Kansas City Chiefs defense were picked
    apart by Eli Manning & Co., giving up 292 yards and three touchdowns through
    the air. Nicks and former WR Steve Smith accounted for 188 of those yards and
    all three of the touchdowns. And while Carr did defend three passes, it was far
    from a career day for him.

While Carr has undoubtedly improved since then, so has Nicks. And as talented
    as Cruz already is, he's only going to get better. In other words: good call,
    Mr. Ballard.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Re: GIANTS' JAKE BALLARD HAS LITTLE FAITH COWBOYS' BRANDON CARR CAN STOP HAKEEM NICKS, VICTOR CRUZ

I think that hashtag is stupid lol. Other then that, I liked the tweet

Thanks for the read
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Re: GIANTS' JAKE BALLARD HAS LITTLE FAITH COWBOYS' BRANDON CARR CAN STOP HAKEEM NICKS, VICTOR CRUZ

i love that lol

jake...2 things

#1. You're prob correct

#2. keep your mouth shut. Trash talking is not the giants way. We are not the Jets. Let your play on the field do the talking not some BS tweet.

[quote user="MikeSherrard"]jake...2 things

#1. You're prob correct

#2. keep your mouth shut. Trash talking is not the giants way. We are not the Jets. Let your play on the field do the talking not some BS tweet.
    [/quote]

I like the trash talk in the offseason. Keeps things interesting. Plus he's just showing some confidence in his fellow teammates.

On the other hand, I don't think anyone is expecting Carr to stop or shutdown WRs. He's a significant upgrade over Newman though, and is a top 10 CB who I think matches up well with Nicks.

The article mentions that he's gotten better since 2009, which is true. But I think it's understated how much better he's gotten since 2009. In 2009, QB's had a 99 rating when passing at him. That number has dropped 20 points every season since. And that's playing opposite one of the better corners in the league and without much of a pass rush.

it is a free country he can say what he wants to. i do agree trash talking is not the giant way..he just stated his opion.

Veteran

#1.* You're prob correct

#2.* keep your mouth shut.* Trash talking is not the giants way.* We are not the Jets.* Let your play on the field do the talking not some BS tweet.
    [/quote]Trash talk isn't the Giants way? Jesus, this isn't 1950 anymore. Do you realize the Giants basically trash talked their way to a Super Bowl win? Rolle and JPP were two of the ****iest athletes I've ever witnessed during that run, and you know what, they backed it up with their play. Did it inspire their teammates? Who knows. But to say its not the "Giants way" is ridiculous. This team has changed, and trash talking seems to be a big part of it at this point.

#SORRYIMNOTSORRY

that was my favorite part lol

Oderint Dum Metuant

#1. You're prob correct

[/quote]

Ease up, who cares?

This is one of those quotes that will never hurt us. The same way we boldly announced we were going after Revis and we weren't scared. It didn't matter what we said Revis is for real and all the pre-game talk did nothing to affect his game. In the same line of thought you can say anything you want about Nicks and Cruz eventually one or the other will burn you.

FYI Giants 2012 were trash talkers, led by Rolle, Boley, and Jacobs.
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!