+ Reply to Thread

Last great WR to wear (#80, no, not that idiot Shockey)

Chris Calloway. Anyone remember that clutch catch he made to win in over time (I believe against the Lions) ? Victor Cruz has that spark. Him and Manningham make the acrobatic catches, but a lot of times Manningham makes a routine catch, look like he's juggling a grenade he accidentally pulled the pin on.

Even if this season turns sour, at least we know we may have a future Top Five elite WR duo.

Veteran

Re: Last great WR to wear (#80, no, not that idiot Shockey)

Chris Calloway had some good days, but I wouldn't call him "great".

"Good" is more accurate.

[quote user="DIPSET_ALL_DAY"]Chris Calloway. Anyone remember that clutch catch he made to win in over time (I believe against the Lions) ? Victor Cruz has that spark. Him and Manningham make the acrobatic catches, but a lot of times Manningham makes a routine catch, look like he's juggling a grenade he accidentally pulled the pin on.

Even if this season turns sour, at least we know we may have a future Top Five elite WR duo.
    [/quote]

I remember Calloway not catching the on-sides kick against the Vikingsthat helped the Giants to one of their biggestlate game collapses ever.

Chris Calloway great . . . . .lol

I will take Phil McConkey, Not the greatest receiver but had more heart than most guys on current team.I never saw him drop anything he got his hands on and took some awful hits doing it.Was fearless going across middle and returning punts.This was back when they did not protect defenseless receivers.

Also one of greatest quotes(it is not exact but general idea)Was once asked why he wasn't afraid to go across middle and take the hit...He replied going across the middle is not scary...Flying a helicopter in Viet Nam is scary.
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"