+ Reply to Thread

Why is Bart Oates Super Bowl ring not blue?

Re: Why is Bart Oates Super Bowl ring not blue?

"...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

I was wondering if it faded or maybe the blue veneer was damaged and removed... Noticed it too.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Could just be the angle
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]Could just be the angle
    [/quote]

Something's very wrong/different

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Looks like he added black diamonds to the background. And actually, the trophy design is different as well.

And FWIW I checked my pics of an actual ring (from the HoF) and it matches the one we're used to seeing.

Maybe Bart damaged his, cracked the blue or whatever, and repaired it. The number of diamonds on the trophy is different too.