+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New RB Prospect................Alfred Morris(FAU)

Alfred Morris - Running Back
    Florida Atlantic University
    Height 5-10 Weight 219
    40-Time: 4.56(Low) 4.67(Mid) 4.76(High)
    Rated 34 out of 170 RB's

Ok for the record the kid played on a 1-11 team his senior season so there is ZERO chance you've ever seen or heard of him via the media.

Below is a link to his highlight video::
    ALFRED MORRIS HIGHLIGHT

My Thoughts::

The kid had great feet. His ability to shift directions reminded me of Bradshaw.
    Also he has something you cannot teach-----VISION. On most runs he creates his own lane and makes guys miss in the process.
    He uses all 219 pounds to run people over, I'm very impressed with how Morris explodes off the Line of Scrimmage and how easily he cuts back without losing speed. In the video he doesn't run away from defenders often but this was also the case with Bradshaw at Marshall....look how that turned out in the Pros

I know some people might say "hey he's playing in the Sun Belt Conference", remember this is the same conference that produced D.R.C, Osi, and Jernigan.

Alfred Morris can be a great 6th or 7th round pick for us. I'm pretty sure Reese already has him on the big board.

Re: New RB Prospect................Alfred Morris(FAU)

runs like a beast, any reason you think reese is looking at him, or just a feeling

[quote user="King Sully"]runs like a beast, any reason you think reese is looking at him, or just a feeling[/quote]

Reese likes small school guys that perform at a high level. He waits until the later rounds to pick them up (Bradshaw, Boss, Jacquan Williams etc)

Morris reminds me of Bradshaw so much, I have a good feeling Giants scouts were watching him at the combine.

Can someone please EMBED the LINK in my post.
    Still learning the message boards
    THANKS!

Thats my late Grand Fathers name...I am interested just for that

Runs hard, and has a nice burst to him.

Yeah he is pretty instinctual in between the tackles but he cant get the corner in the NFL.Wont out run anybody and lacks elusiveness in the open field. Looks more like a FA then a draftable prospect to me

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Yeah he is pretty instinctual in between the tackles but he cant get the corner in the NFL.Wont out run anybody and lacks elusiveness in the open field. Looks more like a FA then a draftable prospect to me[/quote]

Many draft prospects cannot hit the corners at a Sporles type of level, that shouldn't be such the defining factor of a good RB. If you remember Bradshaw's Marshall highlight, he didnt show to much open field ability as well.

http://www.fauowlaccess.com/blogs/ow...-dolphins.aspx

Giants were in attendance at his Pro Day.

[quote user="FroZeNx31x"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Yeah he is pretty instinctual in between the tackles but he cant get the corner in the NFL.Wont out run anybody and lacks elusiveness in the open field. Looks more like a FA then a draftable prospect to me[/quote]

Many draft prospects cannot hit the corners at a Sporles type of level, that shouldn't be such the defining factor of a good RB. If you remember Bradshaw's Marshall highlight, he didnt show to much open field ability as well.[/quote]You have to put him in conjunction with other prospects in this draft, though.

Do you think 15 RBs will get drafted this year? If I want to take a chance on a late round back, Morris doesn't really crack my top 5. Cyrus Gray, Bobby Rainey, Tauren Poole, Ronnie Hillman, Bernard Pierce -- they do.