+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

Dave Tollefson is AWESOME:

Undrafted, realeased, picked up, and never complains.

Tolly is the man!

Then he drops this nugget:

DE Dave Tollefson (knee) says he'll play Sunday night: "Unless you're bleeding to death or something's sticking out of your skin ..."

16 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery, 1 awesome dude

Veteran

Re: Dave Tollefson is AWESOME:

Tollefson comes into the game and kicks ***.

Best backup DE in the NFL.

Love his personality, but he really is not that good.

[quote user="gmen0820"]Love his personality, but he really is not that good.[/quote]

And why do you say that?

He does everything a team can ask for. Comes in and get's good reps at defensive end, and d-tackle.

Plays well on special teams.

Everyteam needs players like Tollefson.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Tollefson seems to be a positive locker room presence. He's always in motion on the field. With Petrus and Blacburn, these three could hopefully infect everyone else to give it everything they have on every play for 60 minutes.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="gmen0820"]Love his personality, but he really is not that good.[/quote]

And why do you say that?

He does everything a team can ask for. Comes in and get's good reps at defensive end, and d-tackle.

[/quote]As a DE, he has played over the course of the season, roughly 50% of the snaps and he really doesn't do much. ST player, he's pretty good and I like his motor and personality but like I said, at DE, he is essentially a non factor.

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="ny06"]

And why do you say that?

[/quote]As a DE, he has played over the course of the season, roughly 50% of the snaps and he really doesn't do much. ST player, he's pretty good and I like his motor and personality but like I said, at DE, he is essentially a non factor.[/quote]I wouldn't call 4 sacks and a fumble recovery exactly a non-factor.

The point is: He's not a playmaker, in fact he has problems setting the edge, properly blitzing a QB and shedding an OT and tackling a RB. But I agree with you, he's awesome!

I think he's awesome, no reason he's not, he's a backup DE and he does a damn good job at it

[quote user="Gianthunter"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="ny06"]

And why do you say that?

[/quote]As a DE, he has played over the course of the season, roughly 50% of the snaps and he really doesn't do much. ST player, he's pretty good and I like his motor and personality but like I said, at DE, he is essentially a non factor.[/quote]I wouldn't call 4 sacks and a fumble recovery exactly a non-factor.[/quote]Fumble recovery merely means right place at the right time and the fact that with the exception of 4 sacks he has 2 QB hits, that just shows you that he is just a lucky/streaky player. He had two sacks in one game vs probably the worst LT in the game and has played considerably in every game this year. And I won't even get into his struggles in run support.

He is simply not that special and overrated by Giant fans. I do love his personality though.