+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: gmen0820's Mock Draft

[quote user="Neverend"]Can't see Jones falling to 64[/quote]I think between Jones, Massie, and Silatolu, one of them will be there.

Either one I'd be cool with.

Veteran

I see more and more people having the Giants take Still. I'd be totally cool with it. Guys a beast!

Veteran

i get that Devon still is a great talent but did you make this mock thinking Fleener won't be there or is he there at 32 cause if he is. i would be seriously pissed off with that first pick

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

well, i dunno how i feel about this mock. not an issue with how u came to this conclusion, but just dont like the players.

Still is absolutely one of the "safest" NFL ready prospects in the draft. We do have Canty's salary. For those two reasons, it makes sense.

But me personally, losing MM, having only one real noteworthy TE and even he's a question mark (bennett) and both Bennett/Ballard only signed to 1 yr contracts, if Fleener is there, I can't see how we'd pass on him. He fills a majority of needs; prototypical TE who also has the ability to line up in the slot and work the middle of the field. He'd also allow us to choose between Ballard/Bennett for the other TE after this season unless Reese just wants the best TE core in the league and keeps all three.

For me, and I strongly believe that guys like Kendall Wright, Stephen Hill, Fleener should be available when we pick or near when we pick. And I think Wright or Fleener can come in and make an impact right away.
    Eli is entering his prime, with 3 proven wr's and a solid TE, he was virtually unstoppable. Dont see how we'd deviate from that, although, we may have that guy to replace MM on our roster already.
    But then, would Reese pass up on an amazing insurance policy if for some reason we cannot re-sign Nicks or Cruz?

I dunno...but I do agree I dont think we go OL unless a prospect like Stanfords T drops somehow. Mayock has every T outside of Kalil worthy of being picked in the 20's-end of the first round and that any earlier and it would be a reach pick...

For me, I'd love it if the first we went Fleener/Wright
    2nd-Lamar Miller, Doug Martin, that RB from UV (i always forget his name!)
    3rd-BPA at the DL position
    4th-BPA at the Secondary position/LB position (whichever has better value)
    and from there on just BPA.

There is talent at WR that should be available after the first, Streeter (Miami WR) is an intriguing option.

But thats just my take on it and as usual, its more of a "sexy" "Madden" type philosophy and Reese doesn't work that way...one thing, last time we picked last in the draft, we got Nicks.

With the way the draft works, top prospects at blue chip positions; QB,OL,DL,DB, it usually leads to the top skill positions being the BPA at the end of the first round

Veteran

[quote user="giantsfan420"]well, i dunno how i feel about this mock. not an issue with how u came to this conclusion, but just dont like the players.

Still is absolutely one of the "safest" NFL ready prospects in the draft. We do have Canty's salary. For those two reasons, it makes sense.

But me personally, losing MM, having only one real noteworthy TE and even he's a question mark (bennett) and both Bennett/Ballard only signed to 1 yr contracts, if Fleener is there, I can't see how we'd pass on him. He fills a majority of needs; prototypical TE who also has the ability to line up in the slot and work the middle of the field. He'd also allow us to choose between Ballard/Bennett for the other TE after this season unless Reese just wants the best TE core in the league and keeps all three.

For me, and I strongly believe that guys like Kendall Wright, Stephen Hill, Fleener should be available when we pick or near when we pick. And I think Wright or Fleener can come in and make an impact right away.
    Eli is entering his prime, with 3 proven wr's and a solid TE, he was virtually unstoppable. Dont see how we'd deviate from that, although, we may have that guy to replace MM on our roster already.
    But then, would Reese pass up on an amazing insurance policy if for some reason we cannot re-sign Nicks or Cruz?

I dunno...but I do agree I dont think we go OL unless a prospect like Stanfords T drops somehow. Mayock has every T outside of Kalil worthy of being picked in the 20's-end of the first round and that any earlier and it would be a reach pick...

For me, I'd love it if the first we went Fleener/Wright
    2nd-Lamar Miller, Doug Martin, that RB from UV (i always forget his name!)
    3rd-BPA at the DL position
    4th-BPA at the Secondary position/LB position (whichever has better value)
    and from there on just BPA.

There is talent at WR that should be available after the first, Streeter (Miami WR) is an intriguing option.

But thats just my take on it and as usual, its more of a "sexy" "Madden" type philosophy and Reese doesn't work that way...one thing, last time we picked last in the draft, we got Nicks.

With the way the draft works, top prospects at blue chip positions; QB,OL,DL,DB, it usually leads to the top skill positions being the BPA at the end of the first round[/quote]

agree.
    every mock i see fleener is available and we go a different route. we loaded up on Defense a year ago. i think its time to starting improving the offense more from where it stands right now.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

[quote user="rainierjef"]i get that Devon still is a great talent but did you make this mock thinking Fleener won't be there or is he there at 32 cause if he is. i would be seriously pissed off with that first pick
    [/quote]I think he will be playing for one of the Harbaugh brothers.