+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just remembered another stat the 2011 Giants broke

A while back we had a thread on all the records the 2011 Giants broke. I just remembered something we missed.

Since 1985, no team has won more than 3 Super Bowls. Until now.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Re: Just remembered another stat the 2011 Giants broke

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]A while back we had a thread on all the records the 2011 Giants broke.* I just remembered something we missed.

Since 1985, no team has won more than 3 Super Bowls.* Until now.
    [/quote]
    The Giants are the only team to win a Super Bowl in each of of the last 4 decades.

The Giants are the only team to win a Super Bowl in each of of the last 3 decades.

The Giants are the only team to win a Super Bowl in each of of the last 2 decades.

The Giants and the Packers and the only two teams to win a Super Bowl in this decade.

[quote user="miken609"][quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]A while back we had a thread on all the records the 2011 Giants broke.* I just remembered something we missed.

Since 1985, no team has won more than 3 Super Bowls.* Until now.
    [/quote]
    The Giants are the only team to win a Super Bowl in each of of the last 4 decades.

The Giants are the only team to win a Super Bowl in each of of the last 3 decades.

The Giants are the only team to win a Super Bowl in each of of the last 2 decades.

The Giants and the Packers and the only two teams to win a Super Bowl in this decade.[/quote]

Yes sir, there are many stats that the Giants have rung up during Super Bowls. First one: Every Super Bowl the Giants have won they have been behind at halftime. Second, Each one of the four Super Bowl they won, they were the home team in every game! Go Jints!!!

Only 9-7 team to win the superbowl?

Only the 2nd 9-7 to reach the superbowl? (First was 08 Cardinals)

Anyone confirm?

[quote user="NYG4ME"]Only 9-7 team to win the superbowl?

Only the 2nd 9-7 to reach the superbowl? (First was 08 Cardinals)

Anyone confirm?

[/quote]

in the 16 game schedule, yes both assertions are correct. although, the packers of the 60's i want to say, in their 3rd year of their 3peat, they went 9-4-1...if im not mistaken on the record. I know for a fact tho that a Packers team won it all as a 9 win regular season team...

someone posted an article entitled like "Coughlins Wild Horses/Stallions" or something and it addressed this notion.
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

" I'll also remind you that Reuben Randle is a greater threat than Jason Witten."

Bench Player

Actually the first 9-7 team to make it to the Super Bowl was the 1979 Los Angeles Rams. They lost to the Steelers. Then the 2008 Cardinals became the 2nd 9-7 team to make it to the Super Bowl and also lost the Steelers. Then the 2011 New York Football Giants are 3rd 9-7 team to make it to the Super Bowl, and 1st to win

[quote user="Kakaru"]Actually the first 9-7 team to make it to the Super Bowl was the 1979 Los Angeles Rams.* They lost to the Steelers.* Then the 2008 Cardinals became the 2nd 9-7 team to make it to the Super Bowl and also lost the Steelers.* Then the 2011 New York Football Giants are 3rd 9-7 team to make it to the Super Bowl, and 1st to win
    [/quote]

not true. it is true if u consider only the 16 game format regular season. the packers and a team from the 40's won the championship as a 9 regular season win team...
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

" I'll also remind you that Reuben Randle is a greater threat than Jason Witten."

[quote user="bearbryant"]Each one of the four Super Bowl they won, they were the home team in every game![/quote]

I thought they were the "away" team in XLII/XLIV... And they lost as the "home" team in XXXV.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Best record yet!

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="bearbryant"]Each one of the four Super Bowl they won, they were the home team in every game![/quote]

I thought they were the "away" team in XLII/XLIV...* And they lost as the "home" team in XXXV.
    [/quote]Yeah, they were away teams for sure in 42 and 46. I can't recall 35 vs Ravens, I think your correct.

Interesting note: Each year the nfc/afc alternate back and forth as the home team in the SB. Next year nfc will be the home team.