+ Reply to Thread

SAINTS' VITT SAYS HE'S PREPARED TO EARN GOODELL'S RESPECT

SAINTS' VITT SAYS HE'S PREPARED TO EARN GOODELL'S RESPECT

"In his appeal letter to Commissioner Roger Goodell obtained
    Monday, New Orleans Saints assistant
    coach Joe Vitt writes that he respects Goodell's decision to suspend him for the
    first six games of the 2012 season despite his filing of an appeal.

"By exercising this right to appeal, I do not want to convey to you that I do
    not respect your decision," Vitt wrote. "I understand my obligations to the men
    I coach, the New Orleans Saints, to you and to the National Football League. I
    am proud of my association with and my career in the NFL, but I am not proud of
    my involvement in these events or how I conducted myself in the early stages of
    the investigation. Nonetheless, I am hopeful that the appeal will give me the
    opportunity to bring certain matters to your attention.</p>

"I have worked hard to earn the respect of the men I have coached and the
    organizations that I have worked for over the years. I am prepared to earn your
    respect as well."</p>

The <a id="yui_3_4_1_1_1333385819343_951" href="http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d82802b73" target="_blank">NFL expects to
    hear Vitt's appeal</a> as well as appeals from Saints head coach Sean Payton,
    general manager Mickey Loomis and the Saints at some point this week, league
    spokesman Greg Aiello said Sunday.</p>

All appeals are expected to be expedited.</p>

Goodell also said while appearing on CNBC on Monday, via The New York Times, that he expects to have a decision on
    the appeals of those already punished likely by the end of the week."
    </p>
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Re: SAINTS' VITT SAYS HE'S PREPARED TO EARN GOODELL'S RESPECT

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]SAINTS' VITT SAYS HE'S PREPARED TO EARN GOODELL'S RESPECT

"In his appeal letter to Commissioner Roger Goodell obtained
    Monday, New Orleans Saints assistant
    coach Joe Vitt writes that he respects Goodell's decision to suspend him for the
    first six games of the 2012 season despite his filing of an appeal.

"By exercising this right to appeal, I do not want to convey to you that I do
    not respect your decision," Vitt wrote. "I understand my obligations to the men
    I coach, the New Orleans Saints, to you and to the National Football League. I
    am proud of my association with and my career in the NFL, <font color="#0000FF">but I am not proud of
    my involvement in these events or how I conducted myself in the early stages of
    the investigation.</font> Nonetheless, I am hopeful that the appeal will give me the
    opportunity to bring certain matters to your attention.</p>

"I have worked hard to earn the respect of the men I have coached and the
    organizations that I have worked for over the years. I am prepared to earn your
    respect as well."</p>

The <a id="yui_3_4_1_1_1333385819343_951" href="http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d82802b73" target="_blank">NFL expects to
    hear Vitt's appeal</a> as well as appeals from Saints head coach Sean Payton,
    general manager Mickey Loomis and the Saints at some point this week, league
    spokesman Greg Aiello said Sunday.</p>

All appeals are expected to be expedited.</p>

Goodell also said while appearing on CNBC on Monday, via The New York Times, that he expects to have a decision on
    the appeals of those already punished likely by the end of the week."
    </p>
    [/quote]

I wonder if we'll ever really know the extent of what went on. Clearly, those already disciplined have acknowledged their roles in this fiasco. There is little doubt there was an organized cover-up within the Saint's organization.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80