+ Reply to Thread

* Salary Cap To Remain Flat Into 2015 per Clayton *

I hope to God this fool is wrong... Clayton is a moron so I'm taking this with a grain of salt........

However if he is right about this we are so beyond ****ed.... so many teams would lose so many good/great players

This would be so detrimental
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Re: * Salary Cap To Remain Flat Into 2015 per Clayton *

Somehow that is hard to believe, there would have to be some sort of inflation added into the calculation...

sigh...so before we even know what THIS roster will look like and how we end up in comparison to the cap, your already saying we're ****ed with next years roster???

this draft is going to focus on some of the positions we tied up a ton of money into so we can free up a lot of cap room.

i aint sweating it atall

All-Pro

It would definitely cripple us. No way we could resign any of our players if the cap remains the same till 2015.

It would also help the smaller market teams with money to spend though, causing even more parity.

Starter

Punish the teams that draft well! That will show them!!!!

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]I hope to God this fool is wrong... Clayton is a moron so I'm taking this with a grain of salt........

However if he is right about this we are so beyond ****ed.... so many teams would lose so many good/great players

This would be so detrimental
    [/quote]

The new revenue curve starts in 2014 but that's the start of the curve up. You should start seeing a notable rise in the cap in 2015.

I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime

Maybe the goal is to force everybody into a tight cap situation in order to reduce the amount of some of these outrageous contracts. If nobody can give a guy a 5 year 85 million dollar deal they will have to settle for less.

[quote user="giantsfan420"]sigh...so before we even know what THIS roster will look like and how we end up in comparison to the cap, your already saying we're ****ed with next years roster???

this draft is going to focus on some of the positions we tied up a ton of money into so we can free up a lot of cap room.

i aint sweating it atall[/quote]

We were so handicapped this year and we really didn't have anyone of importance to resign... the next two years:

2013:

Osi
    KP
    Kiwi
    Cruz
    Tynes
    DeOssie
    Sintim(I'm listing mostly everyone) lol
    Beatty
    Boothe
    Barden
    Beckum
    Ware
    Cordle
    Hixon
    Ballard
    Bruce Johnson
    Andre Brown
    Justin Trattou

Dwayne Hendricks
    Adrian Tracy

few more PS guys but not noteworthy

2014:

C-Web
    Diehl
    Tuck
    Boley
    Nicks
    Joseph
    Chad Jones
    Petrus
    Hynoski

I trust Reese will figure something out however to say you aren't worried..... I can't say the same [:^)]
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."