+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Janoris Jenkins

Janoris Jenkins

Just curious, I know this guy has quite a few red flags but is definitely a top 15 talent. I'm curious if he's still even on the Giants boards at this point, but if he is, and he slips down to us at 32, what you guys think?

Personally, when he played at Florida, he held AJ Green and another top NFL reciever now ( can't think of his name ) under 100 yards, both of them combined. I think the guy has the tools to be a great corner, it's just the red flags obviously.

But anyways, he's definitely the type of player that could very easily drop down to us and to be honest, I think the secondary is one of the weakest , if not the weakest unit we have. Beyond Webster, everyone else is unproven although I think Prince will be solid.

Re: Janoris Jenkins

You're thinking Julio Jones, as the other receiver.

As much as I would LOVE to have him playing for us on the field, I would be nervous about him in NY off the field. The kid loves the Kush, he's gotta move to a state with it available 'medically'.... Just look at what happened to Jerome Simpson
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

Not really the Giants style to pick a kid like that in the first round . . . .

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]Not really the Giants style to pick a kid like that in the first round . . . .[/quote]Agreed, we usually dont look at players with 'character issues' in the top of the draft

As much as I would like Jenkins we're not getting him, just like I wanted Jimmy Smith from Colorado but his red flags were too much of a deterrent for us in the 1st.... Hell this is NY, temptations for athletes are EVERYWHERE at any time of day or night, we wouldnt risk it

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]Not really the Giants style to pick a kid like that in the first round . . . .[/quote]Agreed, we usually dont look at players with 'character issues' in the top of the draft

As much as I would like Jenkins we're not getting him, just like I wanted Jimmy Smith from Colorado but his red flags were too much of a deterrent for us in the 1st.... Hell this is NY, temptations for athletes are EVERYWHERE at any time of day or night, we wouldnt risk it
    [/quote]</P>

Did you listen to Bill Polianthis morningon Sirius? He talked about how teams take these kinds of "red flags" into account when making draft picks.It was pretty interesting. He said that he basically disregarded the normal types of college stuff that the media would blow out of proportion -- drinking too much beer, traffic/parking tickets, a fight here or there . . . . .</P>

</P>

</P>

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]Did you listen to Bill Polian*this morning*on Sirius?* He talked about how teams take these kinds of "red flags" into account when making draft picks.**It was pretty interesting.* He said that he basically disregarded the normal types of college stuff that the media would blow out of proportion -- drinking too much beer, traffic/parking tickets, a fight here or there . . . . [/quote]

Well first off, the colts have been a horrible drafting team for some time.

Second, the stuff the media blows out of proportion is one thing, but the stuff the media knows nothing about is another. Often times where theres smoke theres fire. Stuff that really does matter a ton to teams isnt even known to the media.

In any case, the giants draft clean players the first couple rounds. Always have. I dont think any of us can recall a single first round pick the giants that have had that wasent clean coming out.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]Not really the Giants style to pick a kid like that in the first round . . . .[/quote]Agreed, we usually dont look at players with 'character issues' in the top of the draft

[/quote]</p>

Did you listen to Bill Polianthis morningon Sirius? He talked about how teams take these kinds of "red flags" into account when making draft picks.It was pretty interesting. He said that he basically disregarded the normal types of college stuff that the media would blow out of proportion -- drinking too much beer, traffic/parking tickets, a fight here or there . . . . .</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]I dont have Sirius, but it sounds like as long as you arent Maurice Clarett then you're in the clear

But we all make mistakes younger in life, its up to the individual to mature... But a strong coaching staff and strong locker room doesnt hurt at all, ESPECIALLY in a city like ours where the 'temptations' are all around us

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]Did you listen to Bill Polianthis morningon Sirius? He talked about how teams take these kinds of "red flags" into account when making draft picks.It was pretty interesting. He said that he basically disregarded the normal types of college stuff that the media would blow out of proportion -- drinking too much beer, traffic/parking tickets, a fight here or there . . . . [/quote]

Well first off, the colts have been a horrible drafting team for some time.

Second, the stuff the media blows out of proportion is one thing, but the stuff the media knows nothing about is another. Often times where theres smoke theres fire. Stuff that really does matter a ton to teams isnt even known to the media.

In any case, the giants draft clean players the first couple rounds. Always have. I dont think any of us can recall a single first round pick the giants that have had that wasent clean coming out.[/quote]To be a star football player at an SEC school and get kicked out you have to do some REAL bad stuff like body the deans daughter or let a tiger loose on the 'Tri-Lams'... They LOOOVE their college ball down there

Veteran

He has a lot of talent, he's Asante Samuel 2.0 but better in run coverage .. that said, reese probably wouldn't take him for reasons others stated