+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Offensive Line

Bench Player

Offensive Line

Is anybody else really concerned about the oline? I mean can somebody please tell me what were gonna do here ?

Re: Offensive Line

Beatty is back healthy as the LT
    Boothe is the LG
    Baas is healthy finally and at C
    Snee is at RG
    Diehl moves to RT.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Beatty is back healthy as the LT Boothe is the LG Baas is healthy finally and at C Snee is at RG Diehl moves to RT.[/quote]Whole lotta depth needed slip.
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="slipknottin"]Beatty is back healthy as the LT Boothe is the LG Baas is healthy finally and at C Snee is at RG Diehl moves to RT.[/quote]Whole lotta depth needed slip.[/quote]

I think they need more than depth, they need starters.

But all they can do is draft a couple guys and see how they pan out. No money for any real upgrades.

anyone think brewer is the futre RT...Idk about DD anymore.

[quote user="allentown PA"]anyone think brewer is the futre RT.[/quote]

based on what? none of us have seen him play at all since last preseason

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="allentown PA"]anyone think brewer is the futre RT.[/quote]

based on what? none of us have seen him play at all since last preseason[/quote]

college playing time or anything people have heard about his progression in practice maybe...idk..ive never heard anything about him...he is a big kid was wondering if anyone heard anything.

well to be objective, the OL at times did very well in pass protection. so its not as if the OL of Beatty Boothe Baas Snee DD/Brewer CAN'T put it together, its WILL they put it together consistently?

we have depth in Petrus, Brewer, Cordle (C?), and a few others, and we'll certainly look at OL in the draft, but i think we have the starting unit on the team already.

with the OL, unlike any other position where an individual can make an individual play that saves the unit, has to work together and are only as good as their weakest link. Due to the injuries/shuffling of the line, even tho we all hoped they would gel, they really never got the shot for whatever reason.

that said, in the SB, Baas played exceptionally against a top flight DT in Wilfork. IMHO, DD was the weak link and his play affected the interior of the line when he was G and perimeter when he was T...KMac was awful...that said, our OL was horrible for much of the season, i cannot fathom how an OL could do worse, so despite having terrible play from that unit, we still won the SB...

not too worried about it, i believe they'll play better than this past season...
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="jomo"][quote user="slipknottin"]Beatty is back healthy as the LT Boothe is the LG Baas is healthy finally and at C Snee is at RG Diehl moves to RT.[/quote]Whole lotta depth needed slip.[/quote]

But all they can do is draft a couple guys and see how they pan out. No money for any real upgrades.[/quote]

Starters (to start the season):
    LT: Beatty
    LG: Boothe
    C: Baas (if healthy)
    RG: Snee
    RT: Diehl

We could have competitions at LG, Center, and RT, I believe Baas' natural position is OG, Petrus has shown that he deserves at least a shot, Boothe proved he's a starter, and who knows what we got at RT. Diehl was AWFUL at LT, very bad at LG, and who knows how he'll do at RT.

Not sure what we have in Brewer, but I wouldnt mind looking at a new RT through the draft, at this point Diehl should be a bench player.
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="jomo"][quote user="slipknottin"]Beatty is back healthy as the LT Boothe is the LG Baas is healthy finally and at C Snee is at RG Diehl moves to RT.[/quote]Whole lotta depth needed slip.[/quote]

But all they can do is draft a couple guys and see how they pan out. No money for any real upgrades.[/quote]You are correct about upgrades. The only good thing is that we know we can win with starters like this (very average except for Snee) but even more of the load will fall to Eli.
    No one remembers who came in second.