+ Reply to Thread

PFF ranks the Giants O-Line #29

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...season-report/

This is pretty sad....When will Reese get a clue. What did He think was going to happen if u cut 2 veterans after doing nothing to the Oline through the draft and free agency. David Baas?!? He was nothing special as a Niner...Baas is the Chris Canty of the O-Line. Throwing Beatty into the starting role and throwing Diehl back to Guard was suppose to be the answer to the Left Side of the Line? LMAO. This GM needs to go back to scouting draft prospects instead of handling the Giants financially and handling personnel decisions....hes way over his head with this position. Because of Reese, our whole coaching staff is probably going to be fired. Our Offense is struggling not because of Gilbride, but because this offensive line can not protect Eli Manning. We can not even get a good running game going.

Re: PFF ranks the Giants O-Line #29

[quote user="T-Murda84"]http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/12/08/offensive-lines-mid-season-report/

This is pretty sad....When will Reese get a clue. What did He think was going to happen if u cut 2 veterans after doing nothing to the Oline through the draft and free agency. David Baas?!? He was nothing special as a Niner...Baas is the Chris Canty of the O-Line. Throwing Beatty into the starting role and throwing Diehl back to Guard was suppose to be the answer to the Left Side of the Line? LMAO. This GM needs to go back to scouting draft prospects instead of handling the Giants financially and handling personnel decisions....hes way over his head with this position. Because of Reese, our whole coaching staff is probably going to be fired. Our Offense is struggling not because of Gilbride, but because this offensive line can not protect Eli Manning. We can not even get a good running game going.[/quote]

Yeah, he should listen to a grown man that calls himself "T-Murda", you're right.

[quote user="mikeq672"][quote user="T-Murda84"]http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/12/08/offensive-lines-mid-season-report/

This is pretty sad....When will Reese get a clue. What did He think was going to happen if u cut 2 veterans after doing nothing to the Oline through the draft and free agency. David Baas?!? He was nothing special as a Niner...Baas is the Chris Canty of the O-Line. Throwing Beatty into the starting role and throwing Diehl back to Guard was suppose to be the answer to the Left Side of the Line? LMAO. This GM needs to go back to scouting draft prospects instead of handling the Giants financially and handling personnel decisions....hes way over his head with this position. Because of Reese, our whole coaching staff is probably going to be fired. Our Offense is struggling not because of Gilbride, but because this offensive line can not protect Eli Manning. We can not even get a good running game going.[/quote]

Yeah, he should listen to a grown man that calls himself "T-Murda", you're right.
    [/quote]

This is my screen name for a military shooting game for the PS3 u idiot. Its an easy screen name for me to remember...unlike u I do not want to put my name on here. Can u respect that. And what does ur post have to do with everything I say. Dont try to cyber bully me u idiot....U just name the time and place.

You make a solid point with ol. I thought for sure we would have drafted an OT last year in first round. Deihl is average and so is McK. They nearly get eli killed very game. D. Ware of Dallas is probably licking his chops facing us this week. We needed to Draft two OL in first three rounds and the need to start!!

[quote user="T-Murda84"][quote user="mikeq672"][quote user="T-Murda84"]http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/12/08/offensive-lines-mid-season-report/

[/quote]

This is my screen name for a military shooting game for the PS3 u idiot. Its an easy screen name for me to remember...unlike u I do not want to put my name on here. Can u respect that. And what does ur post have to do with everything I say. Dont try to cyber bully me u idiot....U just name the time and place.[/quote]

We don't need the personal attacks guys.

worst offensive line since 2003. has been better, but Eli was under the gun every snap during that Eagle game, and has gotten manhandled the better part of the season

Veteran

Injuries have a lot to do with it. Drafting as well....outside of Beatty, I can't remember a high pick for OL in a long time.

[quote user="JMFP2"]Injuries have a lot to do with it. Drafting as well....outside of Beatty, I can't remember a high pick for OL in a long time.[/quote]Other than Beatty, the other OL I can think of that we drafted in the 1st day was Snee but that was like 10yrs ago

Our OL is hands down the biggest problem on Offense and arguably the biggest problem on the team. We really need to address pretty much every spot on the OL other than LT (Beatty was doing a hell of a job so far this year), but even Snee took a step back, and the only way we keep Baas is if he can learn to run block
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

Starter

I think Snee would be better if he was given a chance to fully heal, I think he is coming in partially hurt(who isn't I know) to try to help keep our Oline together knowing how bad it is but he isn't helping much anymore. So if we improved the rest of the Oline I think he would help Snee a lot because he would only have to worry about his own job and if he was banged up for a game or 2 he wouldn't feel such a push to go back out hurt.

[quote user="NYG 5"]worst offensive line since 2003. has been better, but Eli was under the gun every snap during that Eagle game, and has gotten manhandled the better part of the season
    [/quote]

You can criticize the line this year for their inability to provide a run game, and no one can argue with that.

But to then say they've been responsible for Eli being "manhandled the better part of the season" is simply inaccurate.

Not only is Eli enroute to his best statistical season, he's doing it with fewer sacks than all teams in the league but 4, he has decreased his interceptions by half vs last year. he has thrown 50 passes of 20+ yards including the league-leading 13 passes of 40+ yards (which implies a ton of good protection in order to give receivers the time to run deep routes and for Eli to complete his play downfield).

The Eagle game you referred to was the ONE game where he didn't get the time he's been enjoying in virtually all the other games.

The line hasn't mastered the run game, although they looked improved for at least the Packers game. But overall pass protection has not been the problem this season.