+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Antuan Molden was a beast in the SB

Molden was the guy who was covering MM and had a few pass defenses right? Isn't he a young player?
    Sorry if I'm confusing him with someone else, but haven't seen much discussion on him. He also broke up that potential GW TD catch by Lee Evans in the AFC CG...this guy could actually be a really good pickup as he's young I think, plus has shown some talent...

Re: Antuan Molden was a beast in the SB

He was part of the worst pass defense in the NFL last season

[quote user="FroZeNx31x"]He was part of the worst pass defense in the NFL last season[/quote]

no he actually wasnt. i believe he was a PS/reserve player. he only started to play, i believe, a week or two before the end of the regular season...

I believe you are thinking of Sterling Moore. Moore had 2 pass breakups in the SB, and was the guy who punched the ball out of Lee Evans hands.

Molden had 4 tackles in the SB but no pass breakups.

[quote user="slipknottin"]I believe you are thinking of Sterling Moore. Moore had 2 pass breakups in the SB, and was the guy who punched the ball out of Lee Evans hands.

Molden had 4 tackles in the SB but no pass breakups.[/quote]

ah i thought i coulda been mistaken, thank u for the info

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="FroZeNx31x"]He was part of the worst pass defense in the NFL last season[/quote]

no he actually wasnt. i believe he was a PS/reserve player. he only started to play, i believe, a week or two before the end of the regular season...[/quote]

He still practiced with the team the WHOLE season, and contributed in the meetings and film room sessions right?

So YES, he was part of the worst secondary in football last year.

P.S. - If he couldn't make the roster on that team what makes you think he'll make the opening day roster for the Giants??

[quote user="FroZeNx31x"]So YES, he was part of the worst secondary in football last year.[/quote]

Which is somewhat meaningless really. Kawika Mitchell was on the worst defense in the league before he came to the giants, then was one of our better defensive players.

Football is too much of a team sport to base individual talent off team results

Molden was cut by the team that drafted him, then placed on the practice squad of a team with a horrible secondary.

In your horrible example using Mitchell, he was always a performer. A starter on a sub par team.

This is like Patriot fans falling in love with Michael Coe just because he played in a few games for us this year.

[quote user="FroZeNx31x"]In your horrible example using Mitchell, he was always a performer. A starter on a sub par team.[/quote]

Molden played in all 16 games for the patriots starting 2. He was never on their practice squad.

To be honest with you, Molden is being brought in to only as insurance in case Bruce Johnson, Justin Tyron and Michael Coe suffer set backs this camp. THAT IS ALL.

TC does it all the time. He brings in guys who he knows have a slim change of signing with another team for a workout. In case someone from the roster goes down no time is wasted evaluating the next guy your bringing in off the streets.

Do not read too deep into this visit.