+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WE SHOULD FOCUS ON DLINE and WR/OLine

We need to really focus on re-signing, and drafting guys that are the KEYS to our sucessful SB runs, and that consists of 2 elements: Pass rush, and big play offense. So basically we need to stock ourselves with Dlineman (DT, DE), and WR/OL.

Re: Lets be honest about our needs vs finances

Wall of text. Didn't read.

Re: Lets be honest about our needs vs finances

[quote user="NCGiant23"]Wall of text.* Didn't read.
    [/quote]

LOL if you didn't read....why post to it?

Re: WE SHOULD FOCUS ON DLINE and WR/OLine

I renamed the thread title, and posted an abreviation of what I originally typed....

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]We need to really focus on re-signing, and drafting guys that are the KEYS to our sucessful SB runs, and that consists of 2 elements: Pass rush, and big play offense. So basically we need to stock ourselves with Dlineman (DT, DE), and WR/OL.[/quote]

Im totally on board with addressing the OL/DL as our 1st and 2nd priorities. We're 1 RT away from a return to a dominant run game, with the system we run we can have anyone out of the backfield as long as we have a solid line, so rather than spending a high draft pick on a RB that is a dime a dozen and has a super-short shelf life, we can solidify our already young OL (other than Snee, who isnt 'old' but he's older than most of our starters) with 1 pick.

With regards to the DL, you can never have too many pass rushers as well as us being painfully short at DT depth spells the recipe for more DL. We have 2 excellent DTs with Canty and LJ, but after than we have Austin who hasnt played a down in 2 years and a handful of PS players. At DE we currently have 3 All-Pro's but we have no idea how much longer Osi is gonna be here and personally I dont have any faith in Tucks health, so why not look at one of the talented DEs in the draft

If we have to draft an offensive position other than OL, i wouldnt mind looking at a WR, there are a few really talent ones that would be avaliable in the middle rounds. That along with the fact that the FO seems pretty confident in Jerrnigan (who we drafted in the 3rd), Barden and a healthy Hixon makes me think we wont go after a WR too high
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

With this I need to walk the walk, and talk the talk, so here is my mock backing my position on this:

1 Mike Adams OT
    2 Mohamed Sanu WR
    3 Robert Turbin RB
    4 Derek Wolfe DT
    4 Trevor Guyton DE
    5 Brandon Hardin FS
    6 Chris Greenwood CB
    7 James Hanna TE

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]With this I need to walk the walk, and talk the talk, so here is my mock backing my position on this:

1 Mike Adams OT
    2 Mohamed Sanu WR
    3 Robert Turbin RB
    4 Derek Wolfe DT
    4 Trevor Guyton DE
    5 Brandon Hardin FS
    6 Chris Greenwood CB
    7 James Hanna TE[/quote]

I like picks 3 and 4a and Hanna has some interesting makeup. I would rather have a guard if we go ol in round 1.

[quote user="Shockeystays08"][quote user="GGTM_1977"]With this I need to walk the walk, and talk the talk, so here is my mock backing my position on this:

1 Mike Adams OT
    2 Mohamed Sanu WR
    3 Robert Turbin RB
    4 Derek Wolfe DT
    4 Trevor Guyton DE
    5 Brandon Hardin FS
    6 Chris Greenwood CB
    7 James Hanna TE[/quote]

I like picks 3 and 4a and Hanna has some interesting makeup. I would rather have a guard if we go ol in round 1.[/quote]

Why? We need an OT...we have plenty of guys for OG in Snee, Petrus, Boothe, Diehl (if needed)

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]I renamed the thread title, and posted an abreviation of what I originally typed....[/quote]LOL. You didn't have to delete the whole thing...just use paragraphs so it's not just a wall of unreadable text. Anyways, count me in as someone who thinks our DL is just fine. We may lose Osi, but he's backed off his threats somewhat so at least there's a chance we keep him.

I like addressing the OL as that was one of our key reasons we had success in 2007. Last year's line needs work and we need to start thinking about the future at RT. I don't think WR is as big of a problem as people are making it out to be. We just can't afford injuries with our current group. If we bring in a good TE, that should help take the pressure off the WRs.

In my eyes our biggest needs (in no particular order) are TE, OL, and LB.

[quote user="NCGiant23"][quote user="GGTM_1977"]I renamed the thread title, and posted an abreviation of what I originally typed....[/quote]LOL.* You didn't have to delete the whole thing...just use paragraphs so it's not just a wall of unreadable text.* Anyways, count me in as someone who thinks our DL is just fine.* We may lose Osi, but he's backed off his threats somewhat so at least there's a chance we keep him.

I like addressing the OL as that was one of our key reasons we had success in 2007.* Last year's line needs work and we need to start thinking about the future at RT.* I don't think WR is as big of a problem as people are making it out to be.* We just can't afford injuries with our current group.* If we bring in a good TE, that should help take the pressure off the WRs.*

In my eyes our biggest needs (in no particular order) are TE, OL, and LB.
    [/quote]

I agree with a TE or OL, but we have a slew of young LBs...why do we need to draft another?