+ Reply to Thread

Mock, Offseason, & Free Agents

I based this mock on the giants talking to Alshon Jeffery. I didn’t think they’d go WR in the 1st, but if they do here is my mock for it.

FA Moves to Make: Very few needed – lots of injured players coming back healthy this year giving the Giants more depth than they are used. (i.e. Austin, Osi, TT, Jones, etc.)

Bring in A Veteran RB: Id like to see Hightower come to NY he doesn’t demand the rock and plays well in passing situations (i.e. blocking and receiving). Bring him in to back up AB.

Draft Philosophy: Offensive Draft

The Giants really sured up their secondary in FA. Bringing back TT and Co. was huge. Chad Jones coming back and the evolution of Tyler Sash will replace Grants lost production. Sured it up with Stevie Brown. Our Safety Corp could be nasty.

The Front 7 is crowded as it is. Our DEs are second to none. DT is set with Canty, Joseph, and Austin is set. I am one of the few who is comfortable with our LB Corp. I think Mark H is going to be a beast in this league and start for the G-Men for a long time. Boley is coming off his best year with big blue and kiwi is as solid as can be. Then there is the array of Young talent behind them: JWill – Pensinger – Jones.

OUR DEFENSE IS SET!!!

I Think We Will See A Very Offensive Minded Draft

1. – Alshon Jeffery – WR – South Carolina – Basing this on the Giants meeting with him… he was productive with a plethora of crappy QBs in college. The only reason he’s not a top 15 pick is because he has had minor issues: a down season (I blame QB play), and his poor conduct (fight) last year. We lost SS then MM in consecutive years plus it may be tough to resign both Cruz and nicks. Just more ammo for Eli. Can you imagine Nicks + Cruz + Jeffery = best receiving corp. in the league.

2. - Kelechi Osemele – OG – Iowa State – I think he is a very underrated OL in this draft. Keep DD at OT and have Osemele opposite Snee. He also has the ability to play Tackle if need be. Definite upgrade from any current guard outside of Snee. I like Mitch Petus but he isn’t the same caliber of player as Osemele. I’d convert MitchP to back up center and possible replacement.

3. – R. Turbin – RB – Utah State – Big power back who can be a solid replacement for Jacobs. Runs hard and low. Has decent ball skills out of the backfield. Can Pass Block!! Isn’t going to break any ankles but will run through defenders. The more I watch on this kid the more I like him. May be high than he’s rated but I think he’s gone by out 4th rounder’s.

4.a – L. Green – TE – Louisiana – Lafayette – Great Receiving Threat in the mould of Hernandez. Runs a 4.5 40yrd dash. Isn’t a great blocker but gives great effort. Will be used in spread out a lot and is a match up nightmare. Cover some production that was lost from MM leaving. Id love to see him used at a 3rd/4th WR too, like Keller for the NYJ.

4b. – N. Potter – OL – Boise State – Solid OL who can play all down the line. Will add solid depth and needed youth. Potential starting quality after a few years as back up. I am very high on him personally.

5. – A. Cole – ILB – North Carolina State – Big ILB who can thump. Did not have a great combine (if he did he would be a 3rd rounder). Played the SAM backer in college until his last years when he moved to ILB and was extremely productive. IMO we have a good young LB Corp and I think Mark Herzlich is going to be a great starter. However, if goff & Blackburn don’t resign that leaves the middle with just two 2nd year players, Mark and Greg Jones. One injury or a poor season will leave us with just one serviceable ILB. So Cole may not end up a starter but needed depth.

6. – D. Page-Moss – DE – UNC – Injuries have him so low but was a 1st round potential prior to it. After a year of getting back in football shape and rotating in (i.e. M. Austin) could be a sleeper star.

7. – Blair Walsh – K – Georgia – I just really hate L.Tynes and want a new kicker. Yes he had a ok year but I want to feel confident not scared when my kicker takes the field.

Re: Mock, Offseason, & Free Agents

Any mock draft that has a mid-late 2nd round receiver going in the first im just going to ignore.

Until the playoffs, we had a horrible defense. In the playoffs we had the fortune of some opponents dropping a lot of easy passes. Our defense is definitely NOT set.

First off we should expect next to nothing from Chad Jones and Marvin Austin, 1 almost died in a car accident and the other one hasnt played a down of football in 2years

That being said, I like the draft for the most part. I REALLY like Osemele in the 2nd, Green in the 4th and Cole in the 5th. Osemele and Green are ultra raw prospects oozing with talent that could become great players with the right tutelage and Cole seems to be the best SAM LB so it couldnt hurt having someone behind Kiwi
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

[quote user="Kase-1"]First off we should expect next to nothing from Chad Jones and Marvin Austin, 1 almost died in a car accident and the other one hasnt played a down of football in 2years

That being said, I like the draft for the most part.* I REALLY like Osemele in the 2nd, Green in the 4th and Cole in the 5th.* Osemele and Green are ultra raw prospects oozing with talent that could become great players with the right tutelage and Cole seems to be the best SAM LB so it couldnt hurt having someone behind Kiwi
    [/quote]

Osemele is a guy who i think is ganna be an all pro gaurd. he has the huge upside and plays with a nasty edge (not dirty just mean)

Green is a freakish athlete. built like a TE moves like a RB. catches like a WR

Cole is a guy i wasnt high on but he has grown on me. bid guy had a bad combine but was super productive.

[quote user="GiantPride27"][quote user="Kase-1"]First off we should expect next to nothing from Chad Jones and Marvin Austin, 1 almost died in a car accident and the other one hasnt played a down of football in 2years

That being said, I like the draft for the most part. I REALLY like Osemele in the 2nd, Green in the 4th and Cole in the 5th. Osemele and Green are ultra raw prospects oozing with talent that could become great players with the right tutelage and Cole seems to be the best SAM LB so it couldnt hurt having someone behind Kiwi
    [/quote]

Osemele is a guy who i think is ganna be an all pro gaurd. he has the huge upside and plays with a nasty edge (not dirty just mean)

Cole is a guy i wasnt high on but he has grown on me. bid guy had a bad combine but was super productive.[/quote]I heard from my draft sites that Osemele could step in this season and be an All Pro OG for years to come or he could take a short amount of time and become a dominant RT. I heard he's got freakishly good feet for a big man and has a crazy mean streak.

Green is def a athlete, he doesnt have the bulk I want in a TE, but I think he can stock up and play a nice part in this offense.... As long as he doesnt become Beckham 2.0

Cole would be a nice value pick, he seems to be the best SAM LB in the draft and would be able to get scooped up in the 5th or so, Strongside LB isnt the biggest need so I could see him getting picked by someone else even though I would like him with us
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

[quote user="critters"]Until the playoffs, we had a horrible defense. In the playoffs we had the fortune of some opponents dropping a lot of easy passes. Our defense is definitely NOT set.
    [/quote]

I realize this. that was due to injuries. Now its a new year. TT is back. Osi and Tucks nagging injurys are healed. our secondary isnt depleated again.

where is the spot in our Defense that need to be filled?

CB? cweb, TT, Prince, BJ, Weatherford, Coe
    Safety? Rolle, KP, Sash, Jones, Brown
    DE? Tuck, JPP, Osi, ttratou (Kiwi)
    DT? Canty, Joseph, Austin, hendrix
    LB? Boley, Kiwi, Herzlich, Pennsinger, Jones, JWill

The only thing you can say is we may have a spot as our 2/3 DT or a ILB.

Everything else is SET... there can only be 11 men on the field

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="GiantPride27"][quote user="Kase-1"]First off we should expect next to nothing from Chad Jones and Marvin Austin, 1 almost died in a car accident and the other one hasnt played a down of football in 2years

That being said, I like the draft for the most part.* I REALLY like Osemele in the 2nd, Green in the 4th and Cole in the 5th.* Osemele and Green are ultra raw prospects oozing with talent that could become great players with the right tutelage and Cole seems to be the best SAM LB so it couldnt hurt having someone behind Kiwi
    [/quote]

Cole is a guy i wasnt high on but he has grown on me. bid guy had a bad combine but was super productive.[/quote]I heard from my draft sites that Osemele could step in this season and be an All Pro OG for years to come or he could take a short amount of time and become a dominant RT.* I heard he's got freakishly good feet for a big man and has a crazy mean streak.

Green is def a athlete, he doesnt have the bulk I want in a TE, but I think he can stock up and play a nice part in this offense.... As long as he doesnt become Beckham 2.0

Cole would be a nice value pick, he seems to be the best SAM LB in the draft and would be able to get scooped up in the 5th or so, Strongside LB isnt the biggest need so I could see him getting picked by someone else even though I would like him with us
    [/quote]

He is the same frame size as Dustin Keller. The difference in Green and Beckum is Green give maximum effort to block. beckum is just plain soft. Obviously green isnt ganna be a traditional TE. but as a #2 and Hback type WR/TE hybrid, hes perfect

[quote user="GiantPride27"]I based this mock on the giants talking to Alshon Jeffery. I didn’t think they’d go WR in the 1st, but if they do here is my mock for it.

FA Moves to Make: Very few needed – lots of injured players coming back healthy this year giving the Giants more depth than they are used. (i.e. Austin, Osi, TT, Jones, etc.)

Bring in A Veteran RB: Id like to see Hightower come to NY he doesn’t demand the rock and plays well in passing situations (i.e. blocking and receiving). Bring him in to back up AB.

Draft Philosophy: Offensive Draft

The Giants really sured up their secondary in FA. Bringing back TT and Co. was huge. Chad Jones coming back and the evolution of Tyler Sash will replace Grants lost production. Sured it up with Stevie Brown. Our Safety Corp could be nasty.

The Front 7 is crowded as it is. Our DEs are second to none. DT is set with Canty, Joseph, and Austin is set. I am one of the few who is comfortable with our LB Corp. I think Mark H is going to be a beast in this league and start for the G-Men for a long time. Boley is coming off his best year with big blue and kiwi is as solid as can be. Then there is the array of Young talent behind them: JWill – Pensinger – Jones.

OUR DEFENSE IS SET!!!

I Think We Will See A Very Offensive Minded Draft

1. – Alshon Jeffery – WR – South Carolina – Basing this on the Giants meeting with him… he was productive with a plethora of crappy QBs in college. The only reason he’s not a top 15 pick is because he has had minor issues: a down season (I blame QB play), and his poor conduct (fight) last year. We lost SS then MM in consecutive years plus it may be tough to resign both Cruz and nicks. Just more ammo for Eli. Can you imagine Nicks + Cruz + Jeffery = best receiving corp. in the league.

2. - Kelechi Osemele – OG – Iowa State – I think he is a very underrated OL in this draft. Keep DD at OT and have Osemele opposite Snee. He also has the ability to play Tackle if need be. Definite upgrade from any current guard outside of Snee. I like Mitch Petus but he isn’t the same caliber of player as Osemele. I’d convert MitchP to back up center and possible replacement.

3. – R. Turbin – RB – Utah State – Big power back who can be a solid replacement for Jacobs. Runs hard and low. Has decent ball skills out of the backfield. Can Pass Block!! Isn’t going to break any ankles but will run through defenders. The more I watch on this kid the more I like him. May be high than he’s rated but I think he’s gone by out 4th rounder’s.

4.a – L. Green – TE – Louisiana – Lafayette – Great Receiving Threat in the mould of Hernandez. Runs a 4.5 40yrd dash. Isn’t a great blocker but gives great effort. Will be used in spread out a lot and is a match up nightmare. Cover some production that was lost from MM leaving. Id love to see him used at a 3rd/4th WR too, like Keller for the NYJ.

4b. – N. Potter – OL – Boise State – Solid OL who can play all down the line. Will add solid depth and needed youth. Potential starting quality after a few years as back up. I am very high on him personally.

5. – A. Cole – ILB – North Carolina State – Big ILB who can thump. Did not have a great combine (if he did he would be a 3rd rounder). Played the SAM backer in college until his last years when he moved to ILB and was extremely productive. IMO we have a good young LB Corp and I think Mark Herzlich is going to be a great starter. However, if goff & Blackburn don’t resign that leaves the middle with just two 2nd year players, Mark and Greg Jones. One injury or a poor season will leave us with just one serviceable ILB. So Cole may not end up a starter but needed depth.

6. – D. Page-Moss – DE – UNC – Injuries have him so low but was a 1st round potential prior to it. After a year of getting back in football shape and rotating in (i.e. M. Austin) could be a sleeper star.

7. – Blair Walsh – K – Georgia – I just really hate L.Tynes and want a new kicker. Yes he had a ok year but I want to feel confident not scared when my kicker takes the field.[/quote]

I could get behind this draft [b]

P.S. - Except for the kicker.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

I agree with you!!!

As I have posted earlier, I strongly feel the Giants will draft:
    A Tackle and an iinterior lineman G/C, WR, RB,
    LB, DT.

I dont have a problem with Kicker either.

Im excited and believe we will draft for value at each spot. I only hope when we do pick the bpa is also at our need psn?

I would not have a problem if the Giants saw a player they truely loved and package picks to move up. This is because I dont believe many rookies will make the team with the intention to start. Therefore draft picks are for depth and future and being groomed, with the exception for RB, WR, OL.