+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Re: Flacco pulls an Eli

Not really . . . he said that he is "the best QB" . . . . Eli said only that he felt that he was in the same class as other elite QB's like Brady.

All-Pro

Well, Eli proved himself, Flacco needs to step it up.

[quote user="rebelfan1966"]http://www.csnbaltimore.com/xfinity/Flacco-on-Flacco-Without-a-doubt-top-5?blockID=682272&feedID=6876[/quote]

Well it worked for Eli. He said it, then elevated his game to back it up.

Maybe Flacco is hoping for the same result.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro

We'll see. I don't think anyone can blame him for saying what he did.

That being said, from what I've seen, Eli's cieling/ceiling? was much higher then Flacco's, imo. I can't envision Flacco making that rediculous throw to Manningham in the SB, or Ben's throw to Holmes in the back of the Endzone in their SB win. But, I haven't watched Flacco enough.

Veteran

I mean, I've heard some criticism but does anyone else feel like he is being criticized a lot less for saying he is the best than Eli was for saying he was in Tom Brady's class?

[quote user="WR4Life"]I mean, I've heard some criticism but does anyone else feel like he is being criticized a lot less for saying he is the best than Eli was for saying he was in Tom Brady's class?[/quote]

Absolutely! Sheesh, when Eli said it everyone acted as if he was proclaiming to be a Unitis/Montana clone. Saying you think you're 'elite' as opposed to saying you're 'the best' are complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Flacco should be getting verbally crucified to say he's THE BEST - translation: he's BETTER THAN Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees and YES EVEN ELI. At least Eli had a SB under his belt when he said that. Flacco has squat

And...on a shallow 12 year old note, am I the only one who thinks Flacco sounds like a cross between flaccid and flatulance? No one? Just me? Okay, then I'm twelve

Veteran

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"][quote user="WR4Life"]I mean, I've heard some criticism but does anyone else feel like he is being criticized a lot less for saying he is the best than Eli was for saying he was in Tom Brady's class?[/quote]

Absolutely!* Sheesh, when Eli said it everyone acted as if he was proclaiming to be a Unitis/Montana clone.* Saying you think you're 'elite' as opposed to saying you're 'the best' are complete opposite ends of the spectrum.* Flacco should be getting verbally crucified to say he's THE BEST - translation:* he's BETTER THAN Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees and YES EVEN ELI.* At least Eli had a SB under his belt when he said that.* Flacco has squat

And...on a shallow 12 year old note, am I the only one who thinks Flacco sounds like a cross between flaccid and flatulance?* No one?* Just me?* Okay, then I'm twelve
    [/quote]

Can't say I ever thought of it that way but you can probably bet it'll be in the back of my head now. But yeah. I feel like he said it and then it just disappeared. Don't really understand that one.

All-Pro

[quote user="WR4Life"]I mean, I've heard some criticism but does anyone else feel like he is being criticized a lot less for saying he is the best than Eli was for saying he was in Tom Brady's class?[/quote]

Of course.

Eli was from Ole Miss, plays for a great storied franchise in NY and was the first pick overall, then traded.

Flacco was a kid with a big arm from Deleware taken late in the 1st. A lot less expectations. ESPN wont cover it like they covered the "Is Eli Elite?" crap. "Is Flacco the Best?" just doesnt have the same appeal.

Starter

[quote user="TuckYou"]

Of course.

Eli was from Ole Miss, plays for a great storied franchise in NY and was the first pick overall, then traded.

Flacco was a kid with a big arm from Deleware taken late in the 1st. A lot less expectations. ESPN wont cover it like they covered the "Is Eli Elite?" crap. "Is Flacco the Best?" just doesnt have the same appeal.

[/quote]

Plus Eli already broke that wall down it isn't like FLacco is trudging new ground. Plus I bet after Eli proving most of them(analysts) wrong they are probably being careful, especially with the team Flacco has around him they are a contender every year and could make you look stupid one of these years.