+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Pay Cruz/Don't Pay Cruz

This may have been posted already as it is a few days old and I know it's being discussed... but, if you haven't seen it, then please read:
    http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bfNnA?u...ew-york-giants

I think we represent a fair fan base. I want the Giants to see our opinion on the question:
    Should the Giants rip up Cruz' $540,000 contract for this year and pay him more in line with, and in appreciation for his 2011 contributions to our success?
    I think he earned a raise and I don't want to take a chance of losing him, so I say
    YES

Re: Pay Cruz/Don't Pay Cruz

Cruz definitely deserves a raise....but it wouldn't be a smart move to give any kind of a big deal after 1 year..

How would they be risking losing him if they didnt resign him right now?

He is under contract this year, will be an RFA next year.

They can keep him under contract for this and next year for a combined 1.5 million.

Why would they give him a big contract now instead? Makes absolutely no sense for the giants unless they get him for a bargain price.

If he shows that hes the same guy we saw last season I think we'll bless him with a nice long contract. If our WRs show us love on the field, we show them love off the field. We need to find a way to ink Nicks as well as Cruz as long as Cruz shows us he's that monster we saw last season
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="myles2424"]Cruz definitely deserves a raise....but it wouldn't be a smart move to give any kind of a big deal after 1 year..[/quote]

+1

Veteran

Cruz is being a class act.....he's also a fan favorite and probably earning a lot of cake through endorsements, personal appearances, etc.

I think the Front Office will do right by the kid down the road.

Bench Player

As Teddy KGB said, "Pay dat myan his money"

He knows he is going to get paid. He has even said he isn't going to holdout. He knows the cap situation and even if they wanted to, they can't afford to pay him right now. Everything will be better in a year though as a lot of guys will be coming off the books. These next two drafts will shape the next 5 years.

All-Pro

[quote user="slipknottin"]How would they be risking losing him if they didnt resign him right now?

He is under contract this year, will be an RFA next year.

They can keep him under contract for this and next year for a combined 1.5 million.

Why would they give him a big contract now instead? Makes absolutely no sense for the giants unless they get him for a bargain price.[/quote]

General speaking, the earlier you extend a Guy the cheaper you'll get him for. Examples are tuck; and big Ben when compared to us waiting to extend Eli.

And to a lesser extent it builds more trust (for lack of
    a better word) between the fo and the locker room. Guys see the fo pay a Guy for doing well and they'll think it will apply to them as well when they succeed.

[quote user="lawl"]
    General speaking, the earlier you extend a Guy the cheaper you'll get him for. Examples are tuck; and big Ben when compared to us waiting to extend Eli.
    [/quote]

Or Osi, who has been complaining that he is underpaid the past 4 seasons.

It works both ways.