giants preseason schedule released

The NFL released its preseason schedule on Wednesday, and it has the
    Giants spending Week 1 (Aug. 9-12) in Jacksonville, a place that Tom
    Coughlin knows well. Before Coughlin was leading the Giants to two
    improbable Super Bowl titles, he got his head coaching start with the
    expansion Jaguars in 1995, guiding Jacksonville to two AFC title game
    appearances in seven years.

The Giants’ preseason-opening showdown with the Jaguars will be
    Coughlin’s second visit to Jacksonville since he came to New York.

That game will be followed by a Week 2 (Aug. 16-19) game at MetLife Stadium against the rival Jets, the 44th
    consecutive preseason matchup between Big Blue and Gang Green. The Jets
    won last year’s preseason matchup, 17-3, but the Giants got their
    revenge when it counted, pounding Gang Green, 29-14, in a Christmas Eve
    game that sparked Big Blue to a six-game winning streak that ended in
    Super Bowl XLVI.

Dates and times for those first two preseason games have yet to be
    determined, but the tail end of the preseason schedule is set. The
    Giants will play host to the Chicago Bears on Friday, Aug. 24 (CBS).
    Then they will close the preseason by facing last year’s Super Bowl
    opponent, the New England Patriots, at MetLife Stadium on Sunday, Aug.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/04/a-look-at-the-giants-preseason-schedule

Re: giants preseason schedule released

Very nice.....3 weeks of no travel leading up to opening night against the Cowboys.

I get why we play the jets every preseason... but why in the hell do we keep getting the Bears? If you want a non-divisional rivalry every preseason that said rivalry doesn't play out during the regular season, why aren't we getting the niners more often?

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]I get why we play the jets every preseason... but why in the hell do we keep getting the Bears? If you want a non-divisional rivalry every preseason that said rivalry doesn't play out during the regular season, why aren't we getting the niners more often?[/quote]
    I can't remember playing the Bears in recent history. We usually play carolina in preseason or teams on the east coast

[quote user="VegasGmen"][quote user="Toadofsteel"]I get why we play the jets every preseason... but why in the hell do we keep getting the Bears? If you want a non-divisional rivalry every preseason that said rivalry doesn't play out during the regular season, why aren't we getting the niners more often?[/quote]
    I can't remember playing the Bears in recent history. We usually play carolina in preseason or teams on the east coast[/quote]

The Giants played the Bears in the preseason to the 2011 season and blew out the Bears 41-13. This is the game where T.Thomas blew out his ACL in a collision with Tuck while trying to sack Cutler. This is also where Da'Rel Scott ran his 97-yard TD late in the game to extend the lead.

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"][quote user="VegasGmen"][quote user="Toadofsteel"]I get why we play the jets every preseason... but why in the hell do we keep getting the Bears? If you want a non-divisional rivalry every preseason that said rivalry doesn't play out during the regular season, why aren't we getting the niners more often?[/quote] I can't remember playing the Bears in recent history. We usually play carolina in preseason or teams on the east coast[/quote] The Giants played the Bears in the preseason to the 2011 season and blew out the Bears 41-13. This is the game where T.Thomas blew out his ACL in a collision with Tuck while trying to sack Cutler. This is also where Da'Rel Scott ran his 97-yard TD late in the game to extend the lead.[/quote]

I stand corrected. I'm becoming senile in my old age.

[quote user="VegasGmen"]

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"][quote user="VegasGmen"][quote user="Toadofsteel"]I get why we play the jets every preseason... but why in the hell do we keep getting the Bears? If you want a non-divisional rivalry every preseason that said rivalry doesn't play out during the regular season, why aren't we getting the niners more often?[/quote] I can't remember playing the Bears in recent history. We usually play carolina in preseason or teams on the east coast[/quote] The Giants played the Bears in the preseason to the 2011 season and blew out the Bears 41-13. This is the game where T.Thomas blew out his ACL in a collision with Tuck while trying to sack Cutler. This is also where Da'Rel Scott ran his 97-yard TD late in the game to extend the lead.[/quote]

I stand corrected. I'm becoming senile in my old age.

[/quote]

lol.

In the past decade the NFL has tried to establish rivalries with teams playing each other on a consistent basis in the preseason and regular season. There was a stretch in the past 10 years where we would play the Vikings and Panthers every year it seemed. it was ridiculous. lol

Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]I get why we play the jets every preseason... but why in the hell do we keep getting the Bears? If you want a non-divisional rivalry every preseason that said rivalry doesn't play out during the regular season, why aren't we getting the niners more often?[/quote]

For a while I thought they were going to move the Panthers and Vikings into our division.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

You are not going to see the 49er's, they don't have teams travel cross country for pre-season games.

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="Toadofsteel"]I get why we play the jets every preseason... but why in the hell do we keep getting the Bears? If you want a non-divisional rivalry every preseason that said rivalry doesn't play out during the regular season, why aren't we getting the niners more often?[/quote]

For a while I thought they were going to move the Panthers and Vikings into our division.
    [/quote]

lol i literally JUST said that...

sup zombie. howd your Stadium Rally pics come out? anything good?!

Oderint Dum Metuant