+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hakkem Nicks Playoff Performance

I figured these boards could use a little more "Giants Football talk" so...I was wondering today about how Hakeem Nicks's playoff performance ranked against some of the better WR playoff performances of all time.

He gets credit from other teams yeah but, to me he his performance seems a bit under the radar with some analysts, commentators and more so others fans who mention more of Eli, Cruz, JPP and Tuck's involvement in the run... to be honest.

Falcons: 6rec's 115yds 2TD's
    Packers: 7rec's 165yds 2TD's
    49ers: 5rec's 55 yds
    Patriots: 10rec's 109yds

Total: 28 rec's 444yds 4TD's....(Big play TD rec's for 72, 66 and 37 yards)

Is his performance up there with the greater playoff performances? Should he be getting more credit also...

Re: Hakkem Nicks Playoff Performance

[quote user="titwio"]I figured these boards could use a little more "Giants Football talk" so...I was wondering today about how Hakeem Nicks's playoff performance ranked against some of the better WR playoff performances of all time. He gets credit from other teams yeah but, to me he his performance seems a bit under the radar with some analysts, commentators and more so others fans who mention more of Eli, Cruz, JPP and Tuck involvement in the run... to be honest. Falcons: 6rec's 115yds 2TD's Packers: 7rec's 165yds 2TD's 49ers: 5rec's 55 yds Patriots: 10rec's 109yds Total: 28 rec's 444yds 4TD's Is his performance up there with the greater playoff performances? Should he be getting more credit also...[/quote]

I like your post....but, do you have anything to compare it to without me figuring out what some of the best WR playoff performances were? I have a very short term memory unfortunately, so without something to to spark memories of say a Jerry Rice playoff run....I dont know who to compare him to lol

Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]
    do you have anything to compare it to without me figuring out what some of the best WR playoff performances were?[/quote]

Damn...I was hoping that's where you'd come in lol. I figured there would be some notable performances like Rice/Torry Holt or something...

Ugh, I was hoping some of you guys would know of some so...If people have no mentions (which I find hard to believe on a football board), I'll hit up Google and see what I can find to compare him to.

In the 1989 SB Rice had 7 catches for about 125 ydsand 3 td's. Thats not bad for the big show.

Fitzgerald had 30 receptions, 546 yards and 7 touchdowns, with 100+ yards in all 4 games he played, I think those are the best numbers of any playoff season, so Hakeem is close, just not quite there yet

2nd best playoff performance of all time.

[quote user="patman_jones"]Fitzgerald had 30 receptions, 546 yards and 7 touchdowns, with 100+ yards in all 4 games he played, I think those are the best numbers of any playoff season, so Hakeem is close, just not quite there yet[/quote]

Yeah I was just coming to post this...Fitz had a phenomenal run.

Great post. Geez, did not fully grasp he was having one of the greatest WR playoff performances of all time. We are very lucky to have this team.

Starter

Flying under the radar is exactly what he wants to do. No Twitter, Facebook, commercials or photo shoots.

He just brings his best every Sunday and doesn't say or do much else. We are extremely lucky to have him!

Just found out from another site that Hakeem Nicks performance in the 2012 playoffs ranks him 2nd in receiving yards, 2nd in receptions and 5th in Touchdowns All-Time...Not bad at all.

Too bad he got hurt in the San Fran game. Maybe he could have gave Fitz a run for his money...