+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Running Back Problem:

I have recently heard that Bradshaw may never be 100% again. The Giants do not have a guy behind him who is close to a serviceable replacement. I understand Jacobs wasnt the guy but not signing Hillis, Bush or Tolbert is looking bad right now. I have also heard we may take 2 rb's in the draft. Any thoughts?

Re: Running Back Problem:

I don't think it's bad at all that the Giants didn't address a RB through FA. Those guys you mentioned would all be over paid. The Giants can look to address their concern through the draft and there's a LOT of good backs this year IMO.

Veteran

We need someone in the draft, unless Da'Rel Scott is the RB version of Victor Cruz.

Depending on Bradshaw is a complete crapshoot.

I get the fact that from the moment a RB enters the league and starts getting hit he'll, " never be the same again" but what else is going on with AB?

Starter

im not worried AB was a late round draft pick, we can find another serviceable back (and maybe a great 1) in the draft.. I think we'll be ok. we can also wait and get a lingering FA RB on the cheap ...

[quote user="Aperspective"]I have recently heard that Bradshaw may never be 100% again. The Giants do not have a guy behind him who is close to a serviceable replacement. I understand Jacobs wasnt the guy but not signing Hillis, Bush or Tolbert is looking bad right now. I have also heard we may take 2 rb's in the draft. Any thoughts?[/quote]

Where did you hear all this? Fathers brothers wives husband?

Giants had no cap room to sign any of those players you mentioned btw.

Meh, the Giants and Patriots have proven you don't need much of a running game to winning championships. I'm fine with the guys on the roster and wouldn't mind seeing them use a later round pick , or maybe that extra 4th we have, to address the RB position.

[quote user="JacksGiant76"]Meh, the Giants and Patriots have proven you don't need much of a running game to winning championships[/quote]

packers, colts, and saints too.

[quote user="Aperspective"]I have recently heard that Bradshaw may never be 100% again. The Giants do not have a guy behind him who is close to a serviceable replacement. I understand Jacobs wasnt the guy but not signing Hillis, Bush or Tolbert is looking bad right now. I have also heard we may take 2 rb's in the draft. Any thoughts?[/quote]

FWIW...Bradshaw hasnt been close to 100% in three years.....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran

I agree there's a lot of good talent at the RB position in the draft this year.

One area of concern with rookie/inexperienced RB's is blitz pick up. Whether it's Scott or a rookie, it's highly likely that they will be a liability in that regard.

I didn't mention Ware because I think he should retire. He's had so many concussions and seems to be on the bad end of a lot of big hits. I don't want the guy sucking his food through a straw for the rest of his life.