+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tony Romo sucks

Re: Tony Romo sucks

Romo is overall above average but he is hurt very badly by his reverse midas touch in critical situations.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Romo is overall above average but he is hurt very badly by his reverse midas touch in critical situations.
    [/quote]</P>

Agreed</P>

Justifying Romo is like justifying the Jets. If I hear one more "the Jets made it to two consecutive championship games" I'm gonna barf. 'Getting there' means squat. No one remembers who came in second (or...third in the Jets case).

And as such, one can say, "wow, look at his numbers last year" You can tear up the field all you want during the regular season, but if your hiney is on the couch the first Sunday in February, don't even breath your name in the same sentence as Manning (both of them!), Brady, Brees and Rodgers.

Yeah, that goes for you too Mr. Flacco

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]&gt;Did I say that Romo was fantastic? All I said was that he doesn't suck . . . . [/quote]

No he doesnt suck at all, hes been amazing in the playoffs. You're right.[/quote]

I wouldn't say tony sucks. Hes definitely not great though. Mark sanchez in my opinion sucks. And he has more playoff wins than tony.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"]Justifying Romo is like justifying the Jets. If I hear one more "the Jets made it to two consecutive championship games" I'm gonna barf. 'Getting there' means squat. No one remembers who came in second (or...third in the Jets case). And as such, one can say, "wow, look at his numbers last year" You can tear up the field all you want during the regular season, but if your hiney is on the couch the first Sunday in February, don't even breath your name in the same sentence as Manning (both of them!), Brady, Brees and Rodgers. Yeah, that goes for you too Mr. Flacco[/quote]</P>

. . . . and Marino too I guess . . . . </P>

Bench Player

IF tony ever brings the boys' or any other team he might play for in the future to the superbowl then I will say he is a great QB.... Right now he is the king of chokedom and is one step above brady in that regard. That is All.

I'm pretty sure this was meant as a joke, and posted with the intent of humoring people.

You all are terrible with humor and comedy. Leave.

When I think of Tony Romo, I think we are blessed. He is good in compiling numbers which got him his nice contract with the Cowboys but he isn't so great as to be feared. We certainly have done very well against him. So, he ties up a bunch of dough in the Cowboys cap and delivers nothing in the playoffs. We could have a much stronger adversary in Dallas and so I consider us blessed. May he continue to compile stats for another 7-10 years.
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="scf424"]I'm pretty sure this was meant as a joke, and posted with the intent of humoring people. You all are terrible with humor and comedy. Leave.[/quote]</P>

I generally require jokes to be funny before I laugh.</P>

If you think this thread is funny, it is you who is "terrible with humor and comedy" my friend . . . .</P>

GFY</P>

</P>

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="scf424"]I'm pretty sure this was meant as a joke, and posted with the intent of humoring people. You all are terrible with humor and comedy. Leave.[/quote]</P>

I generally require jokes to be funny before I laugh.</P>

If you think this thread is funny, it is you who is "terrible with humor and comedy" my friend . . . .</P>

GFY</P>

*</P>[/quote]

gotta agree with my fellow Lehigh alum on this one...not that funny

+ Reply to Thread