+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sanchez vs Eli article

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...content_stream

What they fail to say in this article is eli had over 60 LESS pass attempts...in a tougher division. What a BS comparison. You can make stats look like anything if you position them right....

Re: Sanchez vs Eli article

People are idiots. They had similar stats one year, so their careers must play out the same?

Eli is the exception to the rule. There are a million intangibles that contributed to his success not only from his own ability to excel under pressure, but the supporting cast. The Jets do not have the supporting cast Eli had. What helped contribute to Eli's success was cutting off the fat, getting rid of the drama queens like Tiki and Shockey, not adding fuel to the fire like the Jets are doing with Tebow.

While some stats may have been similar as the writer is suggesting I think Eli's inconsistencies early in his career were more game by game rather than Sanchez's play by play inconsistencies.

What I mean is, early in Eli's career he had games where he looked dominate and showed his coolness under pressure. This is something I have never seen from Mark Sanchez, I have never seen Mark completely take over a game. Mark may make a good throw every once in a while but he just doesn't take over the game and look unstoppable. Eli inconsistencies early in his career were he would look dominate one game and then throw 4 picks then next game.

[quote user="crooza172"]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82817380/article/will-mark-sanchez-progress-like-eli-manning?module=HP11_content_stream What they fail to say in this article is eli had over 60 LESS pass attempts...in a tougher division. What a BS comparison. You can make stats look like anything if you position them right....[/quote]

Sanchez simply isn't a starting NFL QB. He's a back up quality at best. He is mediocre at every aspect of the game.

I geniunly believe that this will be his last season as the Jets starter.

Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="crooza172"]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82817380/article/will-mark-sanchez-progress-like-eli-manning?module=HP11_content_stream What they fail to say in this article is eli had over 60 LESS pass attempts...in a tougher division. What a BS comparison. You can make stats look like anything if you position them right....[/quote]

Sanchez simply isn't a starting NFL QB.* He's a back up quality at best. He is mediocre at every aspect of the game.

[/quote]

This all may be true.... but it has not been too many years ago that people were saying the same type of things about Eli. I honestly think Sanchez needs another team. Ryan is a carnival barker, the Jets team is a soap opera, NY media is a pressure cooker, and I can't see how any QB can thrive in those conditions. To the Giants credit, Tom Coughlin keeps his emotions and thoughts close to the vest, KG and the same offense have been in place ever since Eli arrived, and other than a few players I won't mention, everyone has rallied behind Eli. That certainly helps....

Timmy Tebow will be the starting QB for NY Jets by week 8.

[quote user="rebelfan1966"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Sanchez simply isn't a starting NFL QB. He's a back up quality at best. He is mediocre at every aspect of the game.

[/quote] This all may be true.... but it has not been too many years ago that people were saying the same type of things about Eli. I honestly think Sanchez needs another team. Ryan is a carnival barker, the Jets team is a soap opera, NY media is a pressure cooker, and I can't see how any QB can thrive in those conditions. To the Giants credit, Tom Coughlin keeps his emotions and thoughts close to the vest, KG and the same offense have been in place ever since Eli arrived, and other than a few players I won't mention, everyone has rallied behind Eli. That certainly helps....[/quote]

No one ever said that Eli wasn't a legit starting QB in the NFL.

Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="rebelfan1966"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Sanchez simply isn't a starting NFL QB.* He's a back up quality at best. He is mediocre at every aspect of the game.

[/quote] This all may be true.... but it has not been too many years ago that people were saying the same type of things about Eli. I honestly think Sanchez needs another team. Ryan is a carnival barker, the Jets team is a soap opera, NY media is a pressure cooker, and I can't see how any QB can thrive in those conditions. To the Giants credit, Tom Coughlin keeps his emotions and thoughts close to the vest, KG and the same offense have been in place ever since Eli arrived, and other than a few players I won't mention, everyone has rallied behind Eli. That certainly helps....[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course they did.....As silly as it seems now, there were even people calling for making J-Load the starter over Eli.

[quote user="rebelfan1966"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="rebelfan1966"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

Of course they did.....As silly as it seems now, there were even people calling for making J-Load the starter over Eli.[/quote]

Lets rephrase that... Nobody with any legit football knowledge said that. Pisssed off Giant fans...yes. Any other professional football player, commentator, or QB/Head coach...no

BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="buffyblue"]Timmy Tebow will be the starting QB for NY Jets by week 8.[/quote]

i am thinking week 5 the latest...despite Rex saying Sanchez is his guy, u can tell with a guy like Rex when he's enamored by someone, he def. has appreciation for the type of player tebow is. at this point, id say the only reason sanchez is penciled the starter is bc of continuity, not based on who gives the team the best chance to win.

ryan wants to run the ball, and play defense. tebow is the ideal fit for his style of football. sanchez better start off fast otherwise he'll end up digging himself deeper than neverend