+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eli vs. Ryan Brothers defense (3/4 final games)

The Giants offense will face off against Rob Ryan twice and Rex Ryan once. Both have similar defensive philosophies ie multiple fronts, a lot of blitz looks.

If Eli can put the pieces to there defensive puzzle we have an awesome chance, and hopefully this Sunday he can get a good idea of how to beat some of those diff personnel packages and creative formations.

Its also good because if he can get it together sunday which is a must win, it could give him confidence the other two meetings, also the skins have a dc who throws a lot of exotic blitzes out there.

its a huge test I think Eli will pass, hopefully the defense can help and win a couple games themselves and shut out the offenses like washington and the jets. hopefully this sunday night the defense just full out shows up and we route them. that would be the best thing, a lot of confidence building and if we can get past washington, its a wrap the rest of the way vs the Ryan brothers defense

Re: Eli vs. Ryan Brothers defense

no one thinks this eli vs the ryan brothers defense situation interesting? i think its going to be a big test honestly. but eli seems to study tape alot so hopefully he can recognize whatever is being thrown at him and he is in a good sitaution to make the right read and positive play.

The Jets defense is different tho bc they dont have the pass rushers that dallas does, the jets struggle to get to there qb, but they have revis who can take a wr out of the play. i dont care how good he is that back shoulder fade go route is sick and it cant really be defended if the throw is on on, but the rest of the field still is creative and does a lot of different things.

they've gotten litten up, both teams, so hopefully is studying the tape and gets a lot of good useful info for the games.

3 games against almost the same style unique defense is rare, what eli does well one week, the brothers have the ability to see how there defense was exposed on tape for both the jets and cowboys games. theres a lot more on tape for the ryan brothers to be able to try and take away things eli is vulnerable at.

thats why ultimately eli will have to be successful and almost dominant this sunday so it doesnt give rex ryan a shot to see how he can do the same things his brother does that gave us issues.

We also have Haslet for DC and he brings a lot of different heavy blitz looks too...

these games are by no means gimmes for the offense. it will be tough, but i believe eli can overcome the challenge and do whatever it takes to get us a win as long as the d gives us a chance.

itd be real nice if the defense just went on a run of holding teams to like 10 points or 7 points, that'd be sick...not likely but how sick would that be if the defense just turned it on and made it so it was much easier and we blew teams out.

[quote user="giantsfan420"]no one thinks this eli vs the ryan brothers defense situation interesting? i think its going to be a big test honestly. but eli seems to study tape alot so hopefully he can recognize whatever is being thrown at him and he is in a good sitaution to make the right read and positive play. The Jets defense is different tho bc they dont have the pass rushers that dallas does, the jets struggle to get to there qb, but they have revis who can take a wr out of the play. i dont care how good he is that back shoulder fade go route is sick and it cant really be defended if the throw is on on, but the rest of the field still is creative and does a lot of different things. they've gotten litten up, both teams, so hopefully is studying the tape and gets a lot of good useful info for the games. 3 games against almost the same style unique defense is rare, what eli does well one week, the brothers have the ability to see how there defense was exposed on tape for both the jets and cowboys games. theres a lot more on tape for the ryan brothers to be able to try and take away things eli is vulnerable at. thats why ultimately eli will have to be successful and almost dominant this sunday so it doesnt give rex ryan a shot to see how he can do the same things his brother does that gave us issues. We also have Haslet for DC and he brings a lot of different heavy blitz looks too... these games are by no means gimmes for the offense. it will be tough, but i believe eli can overcome the challenge and do whatever it takes to get us a win as long as the d gives us a chance. itd be real nice if the defense just went on a run of holding teams to like 10 points or 7 points, that'd be sick...not likely but how sick would that be if the defense just turned it on and made it so it was much easier and we blew teams out.[/quote]

I would thinka big part of having success vs a multiple look defense like the Cowboys is to have short high percentage pass plays. This way the offense doesnt have to decipher every single look. Screens and other short slants "should" work. Not a lot of time for the read and react scheme. Also its a chess game between KG and Ryan and what Eli sees as he sets up. There is no doubt Eli will audible all game depending on what he sees. They will take there shots down field for sure as they always do. It would be nice if the running game could get another decent showing too.

As far as the defense. ......We would all love to see an improvement every week for the next bunch of weeks. But to think they will hit a switch and play lights out?? No way. Not enough consistently solid players in all phaseson this defense to do that.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="giantsfan420"]no one thinks this eli vs the ryan brothers defense situation interesting? i think its going to be a big test honestly. but eli seems to study tape alot so hopefully he can recognize whatever is being thrown at him and he is in a good sitaution to make the right read and positive play. The Jets defense is different tho bc they dont have the pass rushers that dallas does, the jets struggle to get to there qb, but they have revis who can take a wr out of the play. i dont care how good he is that back shoulder fade go route is sick and it cant really be defended if the throw is on on, but the rest of the field still is creative and does a lot of different things. they've gotten litten up, both teams, so hopefully is studying the tape and gets a lot of good useful info for the games. 3 games against almost the same style unique defense is rare, what eli does well one week, the brothers have the ability to see how there defense was exposed on tape for both the jets and cowboys games. theres a lot more on tape for the ryan brothers to be able to try and take away things eli is vulnerable at. thats why ultimately eli will have to be successful and almost dominant this sunday so it doesnt give rex ryan a shot to see how he can do the same things his brother does that gave us issues. We also have Haslet for DC and he brings a lot of different heavy blitz looks too... these games are by no means gimmes for the offense. it will be tough, but i believe eli can overcome the challenge and do whatever it takes to get us a win as long as the d gives us a chance. itd be real nice if the defense just went on a run of holding teams to like 10 points or 7 points, that'd be sick...not likely but how sick would that be if the defense just turned it on and made it so it was much easier and we blew teams out.[/quote]

I would thinka big part of having success vs a multiple look defense like the Cowboys is to have short high percentage pass plays. This way the offense doesnt have to decipher every single look. Screens and other short slants "should" work. Not a lot of time for the read and react scheme. Also its a chess game between KG and Ryan and what Eli sees as he sets up. There is no doubt Eli will audible all game depending on what he sees. They will take there shots down field for sure as they always do. It would be nice if the running game could get another decent showing too.

As far as the defense. ......We would all love to see an improvement every week for the next bunch of weeks. But to think they will hit a switch and play lights out?? No way. Not enough consistently solid players in all phaseson this defense to do that.

[/quote]

I'd have to agree with you on the short pass plays and screens. Rob seems to like LB blitzs so if they're getting some solid HB screens or bubble screens on the outside, I think we can overcome those blitz looks.

[quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

I'd have to agree with you on the short pass plays and screens. Rob seems to like LB blitzs so if they're getting some solid HB screens or bubble screens on the outside, I think we can overcome those blitz looks.

Re: Eli vs. Ryan Brothers defense (3/4 final games) Plus Haslett for Wash. DC (1/4 of final games)

[quote user="giantsfan420"]The Giants offense will face off against Rob Ryan twice and Rex Ryan once. Both have similar defensive philosophies ie multiple fronts, a lot of blitz looks.

If Eli can put the pieces to there defensive puzzle we have an awesome chance, and hopefully this Sunday he can get a good idea of how to beat some of those diff personnel packages and creative formations.

Its also good because if he can get it together sunday which is a must win, it could give him confidence the other two meetings, also the skins have a dc who throws a lot of exotic blitzes out there.

its a huge test I think Eli will pass, hopefully the defense can help and win a couple games themselves and shut out the offenses like washington and the jets. hopefully this sunday night the defense just full out shows up and we route them. that would be the best thing, a lot of confidence building and if we can get past washington, its a wrap the rest of the way vs the Ryan brothers defense[/quote]

I think many Ryan brother's defenses are over rated.

Re: Eli vs. Ryan Brothers defense (3/4 final games) Plus Haslett for Wash. DC (1/4 of final games)

round once check

the offense seemed to move at will. and really control the defenses pass rush for the most part,

good run game...

and of course like ive always maintained and prvoen, eli is an amazing qb who will always win games given the chance. he straight out dominated a defense that held tom brady and other elite qbs in check/

im confident in the match up vs the jets, and rematch with cowboys that the offense will be able to move the ball at will and score.

sanchez wont or shouldnt be able to keep up, our d better play that game bc its the easiest chance to get there **** together before the playoffs and then the cowboys who will have lost to philly will be a good practice win or lose for the playoffs bc we ll have it clinched already.

but yeah. so far so good vs the "vaunted" ryan defense

eli killed it vs rob ryan, rexs brother.

any chance u think rex uses tape from eli vs dallas to adapt his gameplan?

it all comes down to eli vs the ryan brothers defense.

round 1 went to eli.

hopefully 2 and 3 do too. however, it'd be nice if just once this year or preferably twice, the defense/run game wins the game for us and ALL the pressure isnt put squarely on elis arm.

and how eli played vs dallas, rex wont have a lot to work with in terms of what his brothers defense did well vs eli bc eli lit them up all game and scored 12 pts in like 4 min at the end.

excited to see how eli does vs rex's defense but also worried too bc the ryans have 3 shots to study the film and really diagnose what eli does well and doesnt do so well...

again its imperative as it was vs dallas eli has a lights out game so he doesnt give rob ryan now a chance to exploit what rexs d did well vs eli

Veteran

It cannot be overstated how important it is going to be for these receivers to hold on to the damn ball.

Eli is going to be forced to make some quick, hard throws.

No drops...and especially, no volleyball interceptions.