+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cam Newton or Andrew Luck?

Banned

Re: Cam Newton or Andrew Luck?

[quote user="egyptian420"]Don't get me wrong, Newton is a tremendous athlete and a fantasy point machine...but how many wins has he gotten? At this point, I'd take Dalton over him.
    [/quote]He has 2 less wins than Eli has this year. What's your point? He was the no. 1 draft pick meaning he went to the worst team in the league. Oh yeah, did I mention he's a rookie? Dalton couldn't hold Newton's jock strap.

[quote user="BurnerNYG"][quote user="egyptian420"]Don't get me wrong, Newton is a tremendous athlete and a fantasy point machine...but how many wins has he gotten? At this point, I'd take Dalton over him.
    [/quote]He has 2 less wins than Eli has this year. What's your point? He was the no. 1 draft pick meaning he went to the worst team in the league. Oh yeah, did I mention he's a rookie? Dalton couldn't hold Newton's jock strap.[/quote]

You obviously haven't seen any Bengal games this season.

Dalton is the real deal, stats don't tell the whole story.

For a rookie he plays like a veteran, he goes through his progressions, doesn't eye a receiver like most rookie qb's do. The one thing I am impressed about him is he releases the ball before the wr makes there cut. That is a veteran throw, usually takes a few years for a young qb to do that.

I am not taking anything away from Newton, but don't discredit Dalton.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Veteran

[quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="BurnerNYG"][quote user="egyptian420"]Don't get me wrong, Newton is a tremendous athlete and a fantasy point machine...but how many wins has he gotten? At this point, I'd take Dalton over him.
    [/quote]He has 2 less wins than Eli has this year. What's your point? He was the no. 1 draft pick meaning he went to the worst team in the league. Oh yeah, did I mention he's a rookie? Dalton couldn't hold Newton's jock strap.[/quote]

For a rookie he plays like a veteran, he goes through his progressions, doesn't eye a receiver like most rookie qb's do. The one thing I am impressed about him is he releases the ball before the wr makes there cut. That is a veteran throw, usually takes a few years for a young qb to do that.

[/quote]

Both players look great IMO, but you can't just compare records when one team has one of the best defenses and the other has one of the worst.

The Bengals defense is going to keep them in almost every game. Meanwhile Cam has to score virtually every time they have the ball for them to win.

[quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]
    I think dalton is having just as good a year as Newton

dalton should win rookie of the year. he's leading a team nobody thought was any good towards a playoff spot, with a fellow rookie at receiver and a pretty weak rushing game. all the while they play in one of the, if not the toughest division in the AFC and NFL.

Veteran

[quote user="jax5338"]dalton should win rookie of the year. he's leading a team nobody thought was any good towards a playoff spot, with a fellow rookie at receiver and a pretty weak rushing game. all the while they play in one of the, if not the toughest division in the AFC and NFL.[/quote]

I don't see how you make that case. It's not a MVP-type award, so I don't know how much the team performance applies.

As far as stats go-

TDs:
    Dalton 18
    Newton 26

Pass Yards:
    Dalton 2,644
    Newton 3,297

Rush Yards:
    Dalton 87
    Newton 518

Yards/Attempt:
    Dalton 6.83
    Newton 7.98

I got to take Luck.
    I think Newton will slow down a bit next year and be figured out by defenses.
    Luck wont be so easy to figure out and I expect him to be another Manning.
    Though the NFL should be stock full of NFL starting qbs next year.

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="jax5338"]dalton should win rookie of the year. he's leading a team nobody thought was any good towards a playoff spot, with a fellow rookie at receiver and a pretty weak rushing game. all the while they play in one of the, if not the toughest division in the AFC and NFL.[/quote]

I don't see how you make that case. It's not a MVP-type award, so I don't know how much the team performance applies.

As far as stats go-

TDs:
    Dalton 18
    Newton 26

Pass Yards:
    Dalton 2,644
    Newton 3,297

Rush Yards:
    Dalton 87
    Newton 518

Yards/Attempt:
    Dalton 6.83
    Newton 7.98[/quote]

i should reiterate that i think dalton SHOULD win but i agree and think newton WILL win.

the way i feel is that the award should go to the most valuable rookie, which i feel is dalton by a mile. cam just puts up pretty numbers if you ask me. scores a lot of short rushing TDs and benefits from garbage time yards but isnt as reliable a QB as dalton. just my opinion.

Depends on the offense a west coast offense I much rather have Luck. A vertical offense like the Panthers run Cam is better for

[quote user="jax5338"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="jax5338"]dalton should win rookie of the year. he's leading a team nobody thought was any good towards a playoff spot, with a fellow rookie at receiver and a pretty weak rushing game. all the while they play in one of the, if not the toughest division in the AFC and NFL.[/quote]

As far as stats go-

TDs:
    Dalton 18
    Newton 26

Pass Yards:
    Dalton 2,644
    Newton 3,297

Rush Yards:
    Dalton 87
    Newton 518

Yards/Attempt:
    Dalton 6.83
    Newton 7.98[/quote]

i should reiterate that i think dalton SHOULD win but i agree and think newton WILL win.

the way i feel is that the award should go to the most valuable rookie, which i feel is dalton by a mile. cam just puts up pretty numbers if you ask me. scores a lot of short rushing TDs and benefits from garbage time yards but isnt as reliable a QB as dalton. just my opinion.[/quote]
    +20....stats could be very misleading. He does put up tons of numbers and I take nothing away from the kid and I think in the future he could be better than big ben, but like you said, lots of garbage time points and his defense is usually on the field for a quick 1-2 and he's back out there.

Not to mention Dalton has a rookie WR to throw to, not Steve Smith. And Cam also has a great o-line and 2 amazing RB's and 2 really good TE's. Overall as an offense, I think Cam has more weapons to work with. If we're talking about the Giants here, I would rather Dalton be our QB anyday over Cam.

+ Reply to Thread