+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cam Newton or Andrew Luck?

Re: Cam Newton or Andrew Luck?

[quote user="BurnerNYG"][quote user="Rusty192"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Eli Manning 6-6... nothing special. Ooops I forgot... he doesn't play defense.[/quote]its really sad that you have to dump on your own QB to defend a guy who isn't even on this team!

Go root for the Panthers already. It's sad Burner, it really is.
    [/quote]I wasn't dumping on him, you just read into it wrong. I'll never be a Panther fan but I'm a Cam Newton fan. I learned a long time ago not to make football bigger than life so I can make or take a joke about my team without getting all butt hurt about it. Those guys are getting paid millions and I'm just a mere spectator. Don't take nothing I say negative about Eli seriously because I'll be cheering for him tomorrow.[/quote]
    I love Tebow and all but Giants before Tebow.
    I will root for the Giants in any game against tebow..
    Giants 4 life.

[quote user="Rusty192"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Eli Manning 6-6... nothing special. Ooops I forgot... he doesn't play defense.[/quote]its really sad that you have to dump on your own QB to defend a guy who isn't even on this team!

[/quote]
    He riped into me for not liking Cam.
    So what? Apparently to him Cam will be the best player ever and beat the giants on a regular basis. Panthers apparently are the next dynasty.
    But I dont believe it. Giants will beat cam and anyone that comes into their way.
    I will take Eli over cam any day.

[quote user="BurnerNYG"][quote user="Rusty192"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Eli Manning 6-6... nothing special. Ooops I forgot... he doesn't play defense.[/quote]its really sad that you have to dump on your own QB to defend a guy who isn't even on this team!

[/quote]I wasn't dumping on him, you just read into it wrong. I'll never be a Panther fan but I'm a Cam Newton fan. I learned a long time ago not to make football bigger than life so I can make or take a joke about my team without getting all butt hurt about it. Those guys are getting paid millions and I'm just a mere spectator. Don't take nothing I say negative about Eli seriously because I'll be cheering for him tomorrow.[/quote]you say you are not a Panther fan---well thats all well and good, but you want to be fan of a liar and cheater in cam Newton? LOL!!

Defensive coordinators will figure him out next year and I can guarantee that he will be holding a clipboard in the next 5 to 6 years--mark that down. I wont compare him to Young or thatdog killer, you mentioned. He is a good atthlete I will admit, but when all is said and done, in 20 years Cam Newton will not be mentioned as 1 of the top 10, 20 or 50 players at his position. He is having a good rookie campaign, but he is not enough to lead the panthers to a wildcard. You put Newton on a team that does not have the offensive weapons the Panthers have and see how well he plays.

But in my opinion, its really too early to tell how well Luck will or wont do in the NFL. He hasnt even taken a snap in the NFL yet. Luck may pan out and have a good to great NFL career, or maybe he has a subpar/clipboard carrying career.

Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

[quote user="NYfanatic"][quote user="Rusty192"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Eli Manning 6-6... nothing special. Ooops I forgot... he doesn't play defense.[/quote]its really sad that you have to dump on your own QB to defend a guy who isn't even on this team!

[/quote]
    He riped into me for not liking Cam.
    So what? Apparently to him Cam will be the best player ever and beat the giants on a regular basis. Panthers apparently are the next dynasty.
    But I dont believe it. Giants will beat cam and anyone that comes into their way.
    I will take Eli over cam any day.
    [/quote]maybe Burner should change his avatar to Cam Newton. But you like Tebow, at least he is of good character as compared to Newton and his lying and cheating in college.

Taking Eli out of the equation, I would take at least 15 current QBs over Cam Newton. We have not seen much of Locker yet,and I think Ponder will have a good career. He needs another couple of years. I think Dalton is going to be better than Newton.

Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

[quote user="tonyt830"]

[/quote]I wasn't dumping on him, you just read into it wrong. I'll never be a Panther fan but I'm a Cam Newton fan. I learned a long time ago not to make football bigger than life so I can make or take a joke about my team without getting all butt hurt about it. Those guys are getting paid millions and I'm just a mere spectator. Don't take nothing I say negative about Eli seriously because I'll be cheering for him tomorrow.[/quote]you say you are not a Panther fan---well thats all well and good, but you want to be fan of a liar and cheater in cam Newton? LOL!!

Defensive coordinators will figure him out next year and I can guarantee that he will be holding a clipboard in the next 5 to 6 years--mark that down. I wont compare him to Young or thatdog killer, you mentioned. He is a good atthlete I will admit, but when all is said and done, in 20 years Cam Newton will not be mentioned as 1 of the top 10, 20 or 50 players at his position. He is having a good rookie campaign, but he is not enough to lead the panthers to a wildcard. You put Newton on a team that does not have the offensive weapons the Panthers have and see how well he plays.

But in my opinion, its really too early to tell how well Luck will or wont do in the NFL. He hasnt even taken a snap in the NFL yet. Luck may pan out and have a good to great NFL career, or maybe he has a subpar/clipboard carrying career.

[/quote]
    I dont know if he will be holding a clipboard but is he is good with weapons. Strip him of it in the future and then you could see him with a clipboard.

[quote user="egyptian420"]Don't get me wrong, Newton is a tremendous athlete and a fantasy point machine...but how many wins has he gotten? At this point, I'd take Dalton over him.
    [/quote]But he may throw for 4000 yards this season? But who am I, oh thats right clueless and sweep Cam's stats under the rug!

I'm with you, Dalton has stepped in and played pretty damnwell as a rookie in the AFC North. I think when all is said and done, Dalton will have had a better career than Newton. At this point, Cam's athleticism is great, but thats not been enough to help lead the Panthers to 4 wins, while Dalton has helped keep the Bengals in the wildcard race. I know I know, 2 different teams and 2 different systems, most will argue.

--sharick88

[quote user="jax5338"]dalton should win rookie of the year. he's leading a team nobody thought was any good towards a playoff spot, with a fellow rookie at receiver and a pretty weak rushing game. all the while they play in one of the, if not the toughest division in the AFC and NFL.[/quote]I agree, i think Dalton has done more with less. I would think that Dalton should win the rookie of the year over Newton. Its not all about stats in my opinion. Wins and keeping your team in contention should be considered.
    --sharick88

Banned

Although I like Newton, he's not very clutch at all. You got no business losing a game and turning over the ball when you're at home and up 23-7. If he's serious about being one of the best, he's gonna have to improve on his decision making late in the game. The 2nd half of the season, rookies aren't considered rookies any more.

Veteran

[quote user="BurnerNYG"]Cam Newton all day... we all seen what he can do and he's gonna get better as a QB which is scary. Luck, nobody knows how he's gonna pan out... he can easily come into the NFL and can't take the pressure.[/quote]Plus 1/ Cam all day. He is a s[ecial player and he is only gonna get better. By year 3, watch out. Hes gonna be a monster.

Banned

[quote user="midnite_nj"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Cam Newton all day... we all seen what he can do and he's gonna get better as a QB which is scary. Luck, nobody knows how he's gonna pan out... he can easily come into the NFL and can't take the pressure.[/quote]Plus 1/ Cam all day. He is a s[ecial player and he is only gonna get better. By year 3, watch out. Hes gonna be a monster.[/quote]I think he's gonna pull a Peyton Manning and be a monster next year.

+ Reply to Thread