+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

FroZeN Mock Draft v1.0

This year's draft class includes a ton of unique talents... For the first time in many years our team needs aren't as "needy" as they've been in past years, this gives us some flexibility in our decision making process....In Reese We Trust!

Round 1 | Lavonte David [OLB/SS] NEB
    H: 6-0 H: 233

It's no secret Fewell likes hybrid players, David provides the coaching staff the opportunity to groom a Safety or a LB depending on team needs and player progress throughout camp. David is a quicker than fast instinctive player that plays bigger than his height/weight combination. He can be an excellent 3rd safety and/or Michael Boley's replacement. The versatility this pick presents makes it hard for Reese to pass up.

Round 2 | Mitchell Schwartz [OT] Cal
    H:6-5 W:318

With the current o-line's skills diminishing, selecting the best OT left on the board makes sense here. Mitchell was a model of consistency at Cal, starting 51 games, 35 at left tackle and 16 at right tackle. He credits diverse blocking schemes at Cal for upgrading his overall play. At the senior bowl scouts raved about the way he handled some of the best pass rushers in the country. That was surprising because most scouts believed he projected as a right tackle in the NFL. Has good strength and surprising agility.

Round 3 | Jonathan Massaquoi [DE/OLB] Troy
    H: 6-2 W:264

Massaquoi is an untapped talent who might have benefited more if he played college at a higher level with better competition, he only played 2 years of college football at Troy. At 6-2 264 he has an interesting combination of strength and agility that served him well in college without showing much technique (i.e. - JPP). He finished his two-year career with 128 tackles, including 31 for a loss and 19.5 sacks. With Tolly possibly gone, and Osi being a toss up next year, this pick makes sense. Massaqquoi is a player who, with the right coaching staff, could blossom into a top talent in the NFL.

Round 4a | A.J. Jenkins [WR] Illinois
    H: 6-0 W: 190

Jenkins was the best player on the Illinois offense last season putting up big numbers, finishing the season racking up 90 catches for 1,276 yards and 8 touchdowns with a 14.2 yards per catch average. Jenkins has natural big play ability and at times he flashes signs of being a premier playmaker. His 4.30(Low) 4.39(Mid) 40 may translate into a solid deep threat, and if selected will fill the void left by Manningham. Solid hands, elite speed and good size... Hard to pass on the kid with a late 4th pick.

Round 4b | Josh Norman [CB] Coastal Carolina
    H: 6-0 W: 197

Norman had an outstanding week during the East vs. West practices intercepting 6 balls while also catching the attention of many NFL scouts. Norman has starter-caliber length, athleticism, ball skills and a swagger to match. He finished his career at CC with 13 interceptions. During an interview he said "take Revis' lockdown ability, Sanders' ferociousness, Woodsons' savviness, and mix in a little Champ Bailey on top" and you'd have him....Pretty big words from a small school guy, I LIKE IT!

Round 5 | David Molk C Mich
    H: 6-1 W: 298

Molk is a freakish specimen at 6'1, 298. He benched 225 41 times at the combine and is the type of powerful/athletic lineman the Giants need right now. The O-line has to get more push if they expect to be successful in the future, right now Baas is only a temporary solution. Here's the background on Molk; 2011 season captain ... four-year letterman and starter at center ... 2011 Rimington Trophy recipient ... 2011 Consensus All-America first team selection ... 2011 Big Ten Rimington-Pace Offensive Lineman of the Year ... 2011 All-Big Ten first team by coaches and second team by media. Need I say more?

Round 6 | James Hanna [TE] OU
    H: 6-7 W: 252

With the addition of Bennett, Reese filled the void of a blocking TE. Now we look to replace Beckum's pass catching/route running ability with a solid late-round pick, there's no one better here than OU's Hanna. James Hanna has really emerged as one of the most athletic tight ends the 2012 draft class has to offer. The Oklahoma product posted a stellar 4.49 40-yard dash time, put up 225 pounds 24 times and registered a 36" vert while posting a 6.76 in the 3-cone drill as well as a 4.11 in the 20-yard shuttle. So, in other words, the measureables are all there. With Mike Popes' coaching the sky's the limit.

Round 7 | Alfred Morris [RB] FAU
    H: 5-10 W: 219

Watching highlight film of Morris gave me goosebumps, his running style and vision reminded me of Bradshaw's Marshall tapes. The Giants staff sent scouts to Morris' pro-day to get a first hand glimpse of what he can do. Although he may not be the most attractive runner in the draft, what he shows on film quiets the rumblings of what he isn't. Exceptional vision between the tackles, top-tier quickness and a bruising running style makes Morris a steal in the 7th round.

This is my first mock draft, I put a lot of time and effort into this, I hope you guys enjoy it.

Re: FroZeN Mock Draft v1.0

i can dig it. makes sense for the most part. however, the 1st rd and 4b picks i differ on. i doubt david would be the bpa at 32. and at 4b id like to see us take james turban, the bruising rb with soft hands and elite blitz pickup potential. u did your homework though pal, nice post.
    Clock makes a fool of history...

Veteran

this would be a great solid draft for us if it works out.. good job

Thanks guys

Veteran

So after looking at your mock I decided to watch some video of the Morris kid. Wow!! Talk about yards after contact, quick feet, and good vision. I'd never heard of him. I'd love to see that kid be around late in the draft!

I've been looking more closely at the FO moves than anything else. With them bringing in Horton and Stevie Brown it stumps the idea that they'll be selecting a S in the top 4 rounds. Also, with Reese not reaching on Goff or Blackburn it solidifies my idea that a LB pick would happen in the early rounds. As far as TE, Bennett completely fills our need, taking a TE with the first round pick, or even a 4th round pick would be a waste. We still have Pascoe on the roster, and there will be a few UDFA TE's to choose from.

bump

I can't see that being their pick in the first round but rounds 2 through 6 were very reasonable and I wouldnt mind that at all..love the kid frm Cal pick in the 2nd.

[quote user="allentown PA"]I can't see that being their pick in the first round but rounds 2 through 6 were very reasonable and I wouldnt mind that at all..love the kid frm Cal pick in the 2nd.[/quote]

Yea round 1 is pretty much a toss up for any mock, I just went with who makes the most sense given our current roster situation

I might disagree with a couple of picks but kudos to you for taking the time toproviderational support for each pick.</P>

It isvery hard to do a mock draftfor a team that has the 32nd pick . . . .</P>