+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farewell AFC, We Knew Thee Well

Farewell AFC, We Knew Thee Well

The AFC scares no one. I mean who do they have ? The Patsies haven't won it since what ? 05 ? The last time the Steelers won it was against the 8-8 Cardinals ( And they needed a " Pick Six going Coast To Coast to win it. ) The Colts are back to being the Dolts. The Ravens offense, just can't get it done. The Chargers got old, and their not called the " Lords Of The Ringless " for nothing.The Jets crash and burn year after year. The NFC has the Giants, Packers, Saints, Niners, Lions, and even the Falcons who you cannot take lightly. NFC Dominates.

Re: Farewell AFC, We Knew Thee Well

I agree somewhat. Don't sleep on the Texans though. I think the Texans have a legit shot of going to a Superbowl very soon.

But the NFC has also a legit shot to rule like they did in that 1984-1996 span.

Bench Player

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]The AFC scares no one. I mean who do they have ? The Patsies haven't won it since what ? 05 ? The last time the Steelers won it was against the 8-8 Cardinals ( And they needed a " Pick Six going Coast To Coast to win it. ) The Colts are back to being the Dolts. The Ravens offense, just can't get it done. The Chargers got old, and their not called the " Lords Of The Ringless " for nothing.The Jets crash and burn year after year. The NFC has the Giants, Packers, Saints, Niners, Lions, and even the Falcons who you cannot take lightly. NFC Dominates.[/quote]

The Cardinals were 9-7 that season, same as the 2011 Giants

I see the Raiders coming out of no-where in the next 2-3 years.... stand by.

Veteran

Then there's that team who went to the second round of the playoffs led by a terrifying qb who just picked up one of the greats. So i'd have to say the Broncos may be a factor. And just because the pats haven't one since 05 means they can't be a contender? - Wouldn't we then have had to say the same about the Giants last year (havent won since 07) logic seems flawed. Ravens have a lot of talent as well.

Bench Player

The NFC has won the Super Bowl the last 4 of 5 years but the AFC is still a strong conference. The Pats have made the Super Bowl the last 5 of 11 years and can do it again this year. The Steelers have been in the Super Bowl the last 3 of 7 years and had the best defense last year. The Ravens are still a tough team. The Texans did very well considering their plethora of injuries especially at QB. The Broncos with Peyton will be tough as well.

The NFC is far away the Superior conference. I would of taken any of the Top 4 NFC Teams to beat the AFC team in the Super Bowl.
    Texans are a nice team but Schaub isnt a sure thing.
    Pats are still the best team and they are flawed as well

[quote user="TheBookOfEli"]I agree somewhat. Don't sleep on the Texans though. I think the Texans have a legit shot of going to a Superbowl very soon.

But the NFC has also a legit shot to rule like they did in that 1984-1996 span.[/quote]

Texans had a rough offseason though . . . . lost Williams, Ryans and Winston.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="TheBookOfEli"]I agree somewhat. Don't sleep on the Texans though. I think the Texans have a legit shot of going to a Superbowl very soon.

But the NFC has also a legit shot to rule like they did in that 1984-1996 span.[/quote]

Texans had a rough offseason though . . . . lost Williams, Ryans and Winston.[/quote]Texans did all their damage without Williams, and a gimpy Ryan (who they traded, not lost).

Winston's release was surprising.

A healthy Texans team and the Ravens are capable of winning the SB. The Patriots could reload with a good draft...but I agree the NFC is stronger than the AFC at this point.

+ Reply to Thread