+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Farewell AFC, We Knew Thee Well

All-Pro

Re: Farewell AFC, We Knew Thee Well for the 2011 season

Although I kind like the way last bunch of SBs have come down to wire. Exciting.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Re: Farewell AFC, We Knew Thee Well

[quote user="Kakaru"][quote user="BlueBlitzer"]The AFC scares no one. I mean who do they have ? The Patsies haven't won it since what ? 05 ? The last time the Steelers won it was against the 8-8 Cardinals ( And they needed a " Pick Six going Coast To Coast to win it. ) The Colts are back to being the Dolts. The Ravens offense, just can't get it done. The Chargers got old, and their not called the " Lords Of The Ringless " for nothing.The Jets crash and burn year after year. The NFC has the Giants, Packers, Saints, Niners, Lions, and even the Falcons who you cannot take lightly. NFC Dominates.[/quote]

The Cardinals were 9-7 that season, same as the 2011 Giants*
    [/quote]

Stop already with the Giants only being 9-7. The Cardinals that year were not battling an injury bug like the Giants were, they were only good enough to be a 9-7 team.....the Giants finally got healthy at the end of the season and in time for the playoff run and SB.

Re: Farewell AFC, We Knew Thee Well

In a quarterback driven league, I'm not sure how you can completely dismiss a conference with Brady, Peyton, and Big Ben. The NFC certainly has a higher number of elite teams, but that doesn't mean that the 1 team representing the AFC in the SuperBowl won't be superior.

+ Reply to Thread